Ones with such a plethora of software deficits... they have not put the phone on the market yet and used KS backers for testing... I think they are paying close attention to what we post and fixes are showing that... BlackBerry never demonstrated any customer appreciation or any regard for anyone... so
    That is bull. They used to be on here and responding in the same way not that long ago.
    02-02-20 09:45 PM
    Funny, I've been reading here for years since passport and never have seen anyone clearly ID themselves as BlackBerry representatives. And don't get me started about the supercilious CEO... so, just sayin'

As for Unihertz, my Titan device came with a serious defect. I was contacted within days by a software engineer (verified) from their team who bent over backwards to supply me a custom Key sideloading tool that had some difficulties but finally worked... problem resolved.

And they apologized...
    3800, Grungni, sesp9 and 1 others like this.
    02-02-20 10:02 PM
    Well, if you mean as in new device, hardware and software critical fix updates, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, LG and such.
    Notice Blackberry are not on that list... :-)
    02-03-20 01:25 AM
    That is bull. They used to be on here and responding in the same way not that long ago.
    I've been here since the KEYone launch and haven't ever seen BB or TCL actively help people with issues.
    RLeeSimon and Luniz like this.
    02-03-20 07:05 AM
    I've been here since the KEYone launch and haven't ever seen BB or TCL actively help people with issues.
    Wasn't his name Liam? He was very responsive about issues with the Hub when it first came out for Android. He was very active for a while.
    02-03-20 07:56 AM
    Wasn't his name Liam? He was very responsive about issues with the Hub when it first came out for Android. He was very active for a while.
    That's true, but that team was device-agnostic. They only dealt with the suite.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    02-03-20 07:59 AM
    Sorry to hog the recent question floor, but i would also like to know if they were capable of keeping the capacitive keyboard a feature (they did receive a notice to change stuff up during the kickstarter campaign). if so, the whole keyboard acts as a scrolling device. not just the center or some sub portion. Now if this is the case, i would be into forking anysoft and getting a companion app to manage the swipe gestures just for the fun of it. but i would need a confirmation that all the keyboard is scrollable in both directions before buying my test device.....

thanks!
    Right now the pkb is scrollable only up and down. But this doesn't mean it could do more.
    02-03-20 08:19 AM
    Right now the pkb is scrollable only up and down. But this doesn't mean it could do more.
    Thanks! i think ill buy the monster.. and see what i can do about it.. worse happens i have a conversation piece.. and a good prop for a 90s sci fi movie :P
    The_Passporter and Grungni like this.
    02-03-20 08:40 AM
    It does scroll left and right when viewing in browser i.e you zoom in and then can scroll L/R
    02-03-20 08:55 AM
    Initially Passport didn't scroll well and only vertically. Then the update brought the horizontal and more. I think this capacitive layer will do both azimuths...
    02-03-20 09:09 AM
    After reading all the posts I am a little confused. Is the Titan a CDMA-Less Phone? Also can I just take my Verizon Sim out of my Key2LE and use it in the Titan?
    02-08-20 07:13 PM
    After reading all the posts I am a little confused. Is the Titan a CDMA-Less Phone? Also can I just take my Verizon Sim out of my Key2LE and use it in the Titan?
    It doesn't have the proper CDMA bands for Verizon, but taking a CDMA-less SIM from any working device, should be fine.

Verizon will only activate devices to use VoLTE.
    02-08-20 07:16 PM
    It doesn't have the proper CDMA bands for Verizon, but taking a CDMA-less SIM from any working device, should be fine.

Verizon will only activate devices to use VoLTE.
    Thanks!
    02-09-20 06:31 PM
    How about entering characters like äöå on Titan, can it be done and what's the method if so?
    Rallyfia likes this.
    02-13-20 06:50 AM
    I am not using it at present time… keyboard SW deficiency, no exfat support, waiting to see what will come
    02-13-20 07:47 AM
    How about entering characters like äöå on Titan, can it be done and what's the method if so?
    With the Kika software you long press a and a popup with ä will show up on screen.

But the best is SwiftKey! You just write your word and the word prediction does the rest. I'm using my Titan and forgott how I'm getting umlauts in my writing because the SwiftKey prediction just does it right. Write a word with ä and type just a, the prediction will do it for you!
    02-13-20 08:10 AM
    Thanks for the swift reply, Jenserm. Long-pressing is dire when you type in language where umlauted characters are common. Predictive input is not without its problems either if you habitually type in several different languages.

I was thinking of getting a Titan instead of Key2 but this could be a deal-breaker as on Key2 you can assign your äs and ös to alt+key of your choice.
    02-13-20 08:44 AM
    I am very disappointed BlackBerry KB does not show the single line pop up to access the custom 3 page special characters and numeric keypad. I still h?e hopes the next update will unblock that. BlackBerry KB app let's me type along and switch languages without any action on my part inserting accented characters in multiple languages...
    02-13-20 08:57 AM
    I am very disappointed BlackBerry KB does not show the single line pop up to access the custom 3 page special characters and numeric keypad. I still h?e hopes the next update will unblock that. BlackBerry KB app let's me type along and switch languages without any action on my part inserting accented characters in multiple languages...
    I tried Blackberry keyboard software also and found it wasn't good to use because of this reason.

I would recommend SwiftKey also because it has a very good word prediction and you don't have to switch between languages anymore. SwiftKey switches to the right language just if you are writing. But I use it most of the time only for English and German language.

For me SwiftKey is the best keyboard software I ever used. It is much better than the Blackberry software. I also like to use shortcuts - it has everything I need. I recommend it!

I would not go back to the Blackberry software keyboard even if it would work like on a original Blackberry.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    02-13-20 09:14 AM
    Nothing is blocking it. The BlackBerry keyboard simply doesn't have it - why would it.
    02-13-20 10:31 AM
    But when BlackBerry keyboard is on the Titan there is no path to type special characters other than to turn the phone landscape... it's a pain. I am spoiled., but Titan lacks the SYM key. I wonder if I can map their RED "convenience" key via buttons remapper? That red key is enabled to activate short press, long press, and double press. Any ideas?
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 02-13-20 at 02:49 PM.
    02-13-20 12:43 PM
    I tried Blackberry keyboard software also and found it wasn't good to use because of this reason.

I would recommend SwiftKey also because it has a very good word prediction and you don't have to switch between languages anymore. SwiftKey switches to the right language just if you are writing. But I use it most of the time only for English and German language.

For me SwiftKey is the best keyboard software I ever used. It is much better than the Blackberry software. I also like to use shortcuts - it has everything I need. I recommend it!

I would not go back to the Blackberry software keyboard even if it would work like on a original Blackberry.
    I will follow your advice and try SwiftKey to see how it goes. I understand it lacks backswing to delete word and longpress for caps and some other features... I will look at it and report my result...
    Jenserm likes this.
    02-13-20 02:52 PM
    I will follow your advice and try SwiftKey to see how it goes. I understand it lacks backswing to delete word and longpress for caps and some other features... I will look at it and report my result...
    Does backswing to delete ever work on a Titan? I tried it before the first Unihertz update and it didn't work.

About SwiftKey: if you install it, it wants to register on a account (Facebook, Google). I did not register and blocked any traffic via NetGuard. It does its magic completely offline.

Good explanation about the setup: https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-u...ftKey-Keyboard

There is one option: push space for auto correction
    With this option activated it works very well! But this is a matter of taste - just try out all the auto correction settings to find you personal preference!

This is how it looks actually on my Titan:
    Attached Thumbnails I have a Unihertz Titan - AMA.-screenshot_20200214085926.jpg  
    Last edited by Jenserm; 02-14-20 at 02:17 AM.
    02-14-20 01:50 AM
    Does backswing to delete ever work on a Titan? I tried it before the first Unihertz update and it didn't work.

About SwiftKey: if you install it, it wants to register on a account (Facebook, Google). I did not register and blocked any traffic via NetGuard. It does its magic completely offline.

Good explanation about the setup: https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-u...ftKey-Keyboard

There is one option: push space for auto correction
    With this option activated it works very well! But this is a matter of taste - just try out all the auto correction settings to find you personal preference!

This is how it looks actually on my Titan:
    Neither swipe/delete nor hold/caps work in SK… BlackBerry KB severely crippled due to lack of SYM key & swipes don't raise the symbol array… we'll see if update brings joy.

SK & Kika not good enough for me… Kika has hold/caps but too long…
    02-14-20 07:56 AM
    Ok so I just received a Titan another fellow member of here (typing on it now with BB KB)

I installed NetGuard and blocked internet connection for the com.adups.feta.overlay

Is there anything else that should be "locked" down?
    02-14-20 08:32 AM
1,491 ... 1516171819 ...