Well that's not good news. Should have dug a bit deeper before ordering. Maybe I should try and cancel the order. It's definitely an intriguing device. My life is boring and those US entities data-mining my info and targeting me with specific ads must be deeply disappointed, so I'd bet China would feel the same.
    I use NetGuard on the one I'm using.

But as Bla1ze says, this is just a play-thing, not a serious primary device.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    02-01-20 01:40 PM

NetGuard, you say? Caught anything in the log files worth being overly concerned about, thus far?
    02-01-20 01:44 PM
    NetGuard, you say? Caught anything in the log files worth being overly concerned about, thus far?
    I have over 50 apps blocked.
    02-01-20 01:45 PM
    I have over 50 apps blocked.

Yikes. Worth canceling my order?
    02-01-20 01:50 PM
    Yikes. Worth canceling my order?
    Depends on you. If you are treating the Titan as a hobby, and you have some technical knowledge, then there is no harm in keeping it.
    02-01-20 01:53 PM
    Depends on you. If you are treating the Titan as a hobby, and you have some technical knowledge, then there is no harm in keeping it.

As a die-hard BB owner and former BB Enterprise Manager + Novell GroupWise Advanced Administrator from the early days and BB phone owner through present day, the Titan definitely piqued my interest. Nothing more than a hobby device and curiosity piece.
    RLeeSimon and keefrto like this.
    02-01-20 01:57 PM
    Sorry to hog the recent question floor, but i would also like to know if they were capable of keeping the capacitive keyboard a feature (they did receive a notice to change stuff up during the kickstarter campaign). if so, the whole keyboard acts as a scrolling device. not just the center or some sub portion. Now if this is the case, i would be into forking anysoft and getting a companion app to manage the swipe gestures just for the fun of it. but i would need a confirmation that all the keyboard is scrollable in both directions before buying my test device.....

thanks!
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    02-01-20 07:29 PM
    That is not available on the Titan.
    Conite himself! thanks for the answer!
    02-01-20 07:30 PM
    Wi-Fi calling works on mine with Verizon
    So, were there any issues or complications activating on VZW? Any connectivity or network issues? Thanks
    02-01-20 07:31 PM
    So, were there any issues or complications activating on VZW? Any connectivity or network issues? Thanks
    nope. just took the SIM out of my old phone, put it in the Titan and its worked flawlessly for like 3 weeks
    02-01-20 07:33 PM
    nope. just took the SIM out of my old phone, put it in the Titan and its worked flawlessly for like 3 weeks
    Excellent! Thanks. Does the Titan support CDMA , 3G? At home I only receive 4G/LTE about 50% of the time, usually dropping to 3G, representing most of my voice and data use at home.
    02-01-20 07:43 PM
    Excellent! Thanks. Does the Titan support CDMA , 3G? At home I only receive 4G/LTE about 50% of the time, usually dropping to 3G, representing most of my voice and data use at home.
    not sure, I haven't paid attention to if its ever displayed 3G. but why not use WiFi at home?
    02-01-20 07:44 PM
    I think the reason I wouldn't use the Titan as a primary device is more due to the form factor and weight than the adups thing.

But if I were to use it, before even putting my Google account or SIM card in there, I'd disable all those pre-installed apps and install Netguard and whatever else I could to keep this thing in check.

This is something I might do if UniHertz ever releases a Classic clone, because the form factor would make it worth going through that kind of trouble.
    02-01-20 07:58 PM

Could be a "serious" device if one is in extreme conditions around lost of dust/water, a place where his/her device could easily get strongly abused.
    02-01-20 07:59 PM
    not sure, I haven't paid attention to if its ever displayed 3G. but why not use WiFi at home?
    Due to the remote area I live, we have no phone or data service, correspondingly, we use satellite internet and have limited data and bandwidth. It's fine for general internet use, but not for streaming and Wi-Fi calling.

Our average cell reception outside is 1x to one bar of 3G, which is bumped to 3 or 4 bars of 3G and sometimes 4G by a Wilson cell booster system.
    02-01-20 08:12 PM
    Hi. Titan is now my all days phone, after 20 years using BBys. With BBy launcher, keyboard and Hub, no specific use problem, just some missing symbols. Still some minor glitchs but Unihertz service answers all my email about setup or next updates (never any answer from BBMo...).
    I've sat up Blockada to detect and block adups connections: Only connections every three days to check for Updates (as in parameters) or when manual check. Lots of blocked Google parasitics connections... as on my previous K2...
    Grungni, the_boon and keefrto like this.
    02-02-20 04:41 AM
    Hi. Titan is now my all days phone, after 20 years using BBys. With BBy launcher, keyboard and Hub, no specific use problem, just some missing symbols. Still some minor glitchs but Unihertz service answers all my email about setup or next updates (never any answer from BBMo...).
    I've sat up Blockada to detect and block adups connections: Only connections every three days to check for Updates (as in parameters) or when manual check. Lots of blocked Google parasitics connections... as on my previous K2...
    Blokaka only stops trackers, not connections. Use NetGuard.
    02-02-20 07:05 AM
    Hey there, what about this biggy... how to compare on passport.
    02-02-20 07:32 AM
    Hey there, what about this biggy... how to compare on passport.
    Check this out also
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1179826

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-02-20 07:50 AM
    But there is zero reason to turn the Titan sideways since it's basically a square screen.
    BlackBerry keyboard does NOT pop the symbols array at all... makes it useless...
    02-02-20 09:40 AM
    After fiddling with it for a while, I've grown weary... now they're celebrating Chinese New Year so no updates... waiting for some real fixes...
    02-02-20 09:42 AM
    After fiddling with it for a while, I've grown weary... now they're celebrating Chinese New Year so no updates... waiting for some real fixes...
    they just pushed an update 3 weeks ago. what other phone out there pushes updates every 3 weeks? have some patience good lord
    02-02-20 04:53 PM
    they just pushed an update 3 weeks ago. what other phone out there pushes updates every 3 weeks? have some patience good lord
    Well, if you mean as in new device, hardware and software critical fix updates, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, LG and such.
    02-02-20 04:55 PM
    I got one late Saturday.
    but it has a red English/Chinese "overlay" covering the top inch of the screen transparently. they don't seem anxious to help with that preferring to albeit a use me of trying to root it. I did not.
    on the Keyboard will take some acclimatization but seems workable. it has some trouble if you try BlackBerry Keyboard.
    the rest of the BlackBerry Suite seems to work well after fiddling with permissions.
    The display is glorious™to my old eyes.
    the OS is slick and quick.
    the heft will annoy some, but I like it.
    that's most of what I know so far...

can anyone suggest to me what to do about that overlay. if I could resolve that I'd be happy.

a little help, please !!
    Resolved...
    02-02-20 05:15 PM
    Ones with such a plethora of software deficits... they have not put the phone on the market yet and used KS backers for testing... I think they are paying close attention to what we post and fixes are showing that... BlackBerry never demonstrated any customer appreciation or any regard for anyone... so
    3800 and moosbb like this.
    02-02-20 09:39 PM
1,491 ... 1415161718 ...