Not only are those keyboards far more refined, but apparently Kika keyboard may send data of the words you type to China or something.

Maybe @conite could explain better
    I haven't seen any weird behaviour from Kika, but the software just sucks at the moment.

Even simple things like punctuation and capitalisation gets messed up constantly.
    01-23-20 09:38 PM
    In the meantime you could always disable the double press spacebar for period
    I installed BlackBerry keyboard and it works a lot better. I have the virtual keyboard turned off but found that if you rotate the phone to landscape the virtual keyboard pops up in some apps like WhatsApp but not CrackBerry. This could help some who don't want the virtual keyboard using all the space in portrait mode.
    01-25-20 04:35 PM
    I installed BlackBerry keyboard and it works a lot better. I have the virtual keyboard turned off but found that if you rotate the phone to landscape the virtual keyboard pops up in some apps like WhatsApp but not CrackBerry. This could help some who don't want the virtual keyboard using all the space in portrait mode.
    But there is zero reason to turn the Titan sideways since it's basically a square screen.
    01-25-20 07:34 PM
    But there is zero reason to turn the Titan sideways since it's basically a square screen.
    Yes but in portrait there is no virtual keyboard (when turned off) in landscape there is, just a quick fix for those who need it without having to go to settings.
    01-25-20 08:11 PM
    There is no physical sym button. Special characters are displayed on the screen, above the physical keyboard. A single line is always open - which also happens to contain the sym virtual key.
    That's my misery… single line is no longer there on mine
    01-25-20 08:57 PM
    Except an update won't solve that one lol, and I doubt you can just remove heavy parts of the frame without it looking like a mess after.
    Perhaps having a battery downgrade as an option?

An update could contribute to reduce energy consumption (e.g., by removing the home phone calls).
    01-26-20 07:30 PM
    after daily driving the Titan for 2 weeks it doesn't even feel big or heavy anymore. I'm just used to it
    01-26-20 09:56 PM
    after daily driving the Titan for 2 weeks it doesn't even feel big or heavy anymore. I'm just used to it
    Pickup a KEY² now and you'll feel like you went through the pearly gates.
    01-26-20 10:14 PM
    Pickup a KEY² now and you'll feel like you went through the pearly gates.
    I pick up my Essential every few days and it feels tiny and feather light in comparison
    01-26-20 10:15 PM
    Has there been any lag now that you have had it a while? Any notifications saying "wait" or "close app"?
    Asking for a friend who want to order one.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-28-20 03:44 PM
    Has there been any lag now that you have had it a while? Any notifications saying "wait" or "close app"?
    Asking for a friend who want to order one.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    The thing is even faster than a K1 BE ! ! ! !
    01-28-20 04:54 PM
    The thing is even faster than a K1 BE ! ! ! !
    That’s because the BE has to upload the spy data through intermediary tic toc while Titan sends it automatically through adups
    01-28-20 09:21 PM
    That’s because the BE has to upload the spy data through intermediary tic toc while Titan sends it automatically through adups
    Huh? TicToc on BlackBerry ?? Adups on Titan is not news 2me…
    01-28-20 10:19 PM
    I'm using SwiftKey together with Blackberry Launcher and the Launcher shortcuts. Two days ago shortcuts stopped working. Then I switched to internal system shortcuts with the same problem. Now I stopped battery optimization for SwiftKey and Launcher and the problem is solved.

It sometimes needs a little tweaking because it is new and the Android 9 "intelligent" energy saving stops processes in background you actually need all the time. Then you have to find out what solves the problem. But this has nothing to do with the Titan hardware.
    01-29-20 01:38 AM
    It supports the Developer Mode option of enabling Dark Mode but it's not set in the Display Settings as some devices on Pie. And of course, Dark Mode can be enabled on a per app setting basis.
    Dark mode is not night mode.
    01-29-20 10:31 AM
    Hi there, was just wondering if last update brought the swipe gestures on the pkb. They are not very clear with what a switch means, so yeah. Can you swipe up to autocomplete, swipe back to erase a word, swipe down to open special chars and double tap to enter cursor mode?

Thanks
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-01-20 05:42 AM
    Hi there, was just wondering if last update brought the swipe gestures on the pkb. They are not very clear with what a switch means, so yeah. Can you swipe up to autocomplete, swipe back to erase a word, swipe down to open special chars and double tap to enter cursor mode?

Thanks
    That is not available on the Titan.
    02-01-20 09:14 AM
    Just ordered a Titan. It's at least worth checking out and having as a spare device, if nothing else. Not sure it will replace my Pixel 2 XL as my daily driver, but I'll keep an open mind.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-01-20 09:50 AM

Fun little thread to kick-off 2020. Shoot me some questions and I'll do my best to go through and answer them. I'll also add some observations and such to this post as I go along.
    Hi Bla1ze
    Now that you have had this device for about a month what is your overall opinion now ?

Posted via my beautiful priv
    02-01-20 10:22 AM
    Hi Bla1ze
    Now that you have had this device for about a month what is your overall opinion now ?

Posted via my beautiful priv
    The only really nice thing I have to say about it is that the battery lasts forever. It's heavy, the software is janky, the camera is just average and I'm still super leery of their use of ADUPS. It's full of little quirks and compromises. For me, it's a fine device if you're just looking for something to play around with but I would never use it as my everyday device.
    02-01-20 12:15 PM
    The only really nice thing I have to say about it is that the battery lasts forever. It's heavy, the software is janky, the camera is just average and I'm still super leery of their use of ADUPS. It's full of little quirks and compromises. For me, it's a fine device if you're just looking for something to play around with but I would never use it as my everyday device.
    But otherwise.......
    02-01-20 12:35 PM
    I'm still super leery of their use of ADUPS.
    Any file structure on the Titan which matches com.adups.fota, com.adups.fota.sysoper, or com.data.acquisition such as has been found on BLU devices?
    02-01-20 01:20 PM
    Any file structure on the Titan which matches com.adups.fota, com.adups.fota.sysoper, or com.data.acquisition such as has been found on BLU devices?
    Yes. Titan uses adups too.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    02-01-20 01:25 PM
    The com.adups.fota is there for sure. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure about the others. And to be clear, I don't think it's doing anything nefarious currently but that's not really the point. The fact it's there and potentially could later with no notice is what concerns me.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    02-01-20 01:27 PM
    Well that's not good news. Should have dug a bit deeper before ordering. Maybe I should try and cancel the order. It's definitely an intriguing device. My life is boring and those US entities data-mining my info and targeting me with specific ads must be deeply disappointed, so I'd bet China would feel the same.
    02-01-20 01:37 PM
1,491 ... 1314151617 ...