How do you get special symbols on other keyboard apps without keeping the virtual keyboard open all the time?
    I don't miss that much special symbols except all the currency symbols.

But for all missing symbols I'm using the shortcut function in the clipboard of SwiftKey. I defined for example: eur = €.

Then it's easy to use this missing symbols.
    01-19-20 12:06 PM
    What I also really like is the possibility to choose 'swipe down for status bar' as a setting for the red hardware button!

You can see my settings in the screenshot. I can switch very fast between the Hub and another app and it is very easy to open and close the status bar with a short press.

Last edited by Jenserm; 01-22-20 at 07:47 AM.
    01-22-20 03:41 AM
    What I also really like is the possibility to choose 'swipe down for status bar' as a setting for the red hardware button!

You can see my settings in the screenshot. I can switch very fast between the Hub and another app and it is very easy to open and close the status bar with a short press.

[IMG=357x359]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200122/7ae00ad385249bba608019ca0bf21982.jpg[/url]
    It's so weird to see a screenshot of a square Android screen.

My curiosity of the Titan is steadily climbing back up...
    01-22-20 09:36 AM
    It's so weird to see a screenshot of a square Android screen.

My curiosity of the Titan is steadily climbing back up...
    And it views well on a square screen like the Titan
    01-22-20 01:43 PM
    I got one as well, just yesterday. I decided to put some Blackberry apps on it including Hub+ services and Inbox. So far no luck adding email accounts. Goes through entire process, verifies server settings etc. then says it can't connect.

Two accounts - gmail and hushmail, one auto-type setup and the other manual, and in the end, same failure.

I'm only on wifi right now - can't think of a reason the cellular network would be needed but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Looking forward to going all Paul Hogan on folks.
    You must. shut off the app block hub+ hub+services and inbox first
    01-22-20 01:57 PM
    I also have a titan. There are a few quirks that the unihertz team need to address. I personally like the keyboard. The keys are firm to press, butt the click is soft.

My main complaint is that sometimes if I start typing too quickly the keyboard misses letters. This could be because I have the capacitive feature enabled, I have not dug into it.

also, the camera app is garbage.
    Put on this

https://android-apk.org/com.rocasoftware.camerazoom/
    Christian Galdames likes this.
    01-22-20 01:59 PM
    you turning this into a comedy? Irritating you is my forte.
    lmfao bmhotgdc
    01-22-20 02:02 PM
    The camera hardware of the Titan is garbage. I'm using Hedgecam 2 as app. That's a good app if you want to do your settings manually. If the hardware is garbage the software can not help that much - unfortunately...

Anyway I do all my pictures with my RX100. Then connect it via WLAN with the Titan and everything is fine.

If you want a good camera on a pkb device better get a used KeyOne. The Titan is not at all a good choice if it comes to good picture quality.
    01-23-20 01:05 AM
    Blackberry users are used to bad cameras
    01-23-20 05:21 AM
    Just ordered one of these... Nearly bought a Key 2 as I have a Keyone BE and love it... Comparing the price £260 against £579 and the promised support going forward have gone for the Titan... Agonised over this as I have to have a pkb... Will get a subscription to BlackBerry apps and try to replicate my KeyOne experience as much as possible...
    01-23-20 06:59 AM
    Just ordered one of these... Nearly bought a Key 2 as I have a Keyone BE and love it... Comparing the price £260 against £579 and the promised support going forward have gone for the Titan... Agonised over this as I have to have a pkb... Will get a subscription to BlackBerry apps and try to replicate my KeyOne experience as much as possible...
    I moved from a KeyOne to Titan and even though there are a few issues (software) with the keyboard I am more than happy with the transition. I did a google backup of my KeyOne, purchased and installed the BB Hub+ suite and then did a restore. I use the Blackberry Launcher and icon set. Only thing I miss is the productivity tab, although I am just, if not more, productive on the Titan vs KeyOne in my use case.
    Grungni likes this.
    01-23-20 10:33 AM
    I moved from a KeyOne to Titan and even though there are a few issues (software) with the keyboard I am more than happy with the transition. I did a google backup of my KeyOne, purchased and installed the BB Hub+ suite and then did a restore. I use the Blackberry Launcher and icon set. Only thing I miss is the productivity tab, although I am just, if not more, productive on the Titan vs KeyOne in my use case.
    Did you update your Titan?

The software update they sent out fixes the missed key presses when typing quickly.

Also, I'd use BB VKB or SwiftKey instead of Kika
    01-23-20 10:53 AM

The software update they sent out fixes the missed key presses when typing quickly.

You can't use any special characters when using other keyboards.
    01-23-20 10:57 AM
    You can't use any special characters when using other keyboards.
    Can't you just press the SYM button to bring up the VKB like with the KEYBerry's ?
    01-23-20 11:01 AM

I did update. It is way better than the first release but there are still a few glitches around double press space bar for period and first letter of next sentence capitalization. I'll. check out a few other keyboards.

Thanks
    01-23-20 11:08 AM
    I did update. It is way better than the first release but there are still a few glitches around double press space bar for period and first letter of next sentence capitalization. I'll. check out a few other keyboards.

Thanks
    In the meantime you could always disable the double press spacebar for period
    01-23-20 11:09 AM
    Can't you just press the SYM button to bring up the VKB like with the KEYBerry's ?
    There is no physical sym button. Special characters are displayed on the screen, above the physical keyboard. A single line is always open - which also happens to contain the sym virtual key.
    01-23-20 11:44 AM

Thanks
    Sounds a bit like my k2; -)

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-23-20 11:52 AM
    There is no physical sym button. Special characters are displayed on the screen, above the physical keyboard. A single line is always open - which also happens to contain the sym virtual key.
    So you're saying that using SwiftKey or BB VKB makes it impossible to get special characters on a Titan?
    01-23-20 12:04 PM
    So you're saying that using SwiftKey or BB VKB makes it impossible to get special characters on a Titan?
    Yes. The only partial solution is to use word substitution - some kind of key combination for every conceivable special character.
    01-23-20 12:10 PM
    Yes. The only partial solution is to use word substitution - some kind of key combination for every conceivable special character.
    Or maybe there's a quick way to switch to Kika just to put the character(s) and then switch back to BB VKB/SwiftKey
    01-23-20 12:41 PM
    Or maybe there's a quick way to switch to Kika just to put the character(s) and then switch back to BB VKB/SwiftKey
    Unfortunately not.
    01-23-20 12:44 PM
    Thanks for this, will do the same... Mine's not going to be dispatched until the 18th February... In the meantime my KeyOne is working just fine... :-)
    01-23-20 03:24 PM
    What's so much better about BB/SwiftKey to go to such trouble?
    01-23-20 08:55 PM
    What's so much better about BB/SwiftKey to go to such trouble?
    Not only are those keyboards far more refined, but apparently Kika keyboard may send data of the words you type to China or something.

Maybe @conite could explain better
    01-23-20 09:34 PM
1,491 ... 1213141516 ...