Titan is 303g

KEY2 LE is 156g

If you tape two LE's together (312g), it wouldn't be far from the weight of a Titan.

Matter of fact, two LE's taped together (3000mAh x2) means you'd be getting the same battery capacity as a Titan (6000mAh) !
    Pretty much. It’s not a big deal @$199USD but that’s not the intended price for retail sales. Many seem to be losing sight of that.
    01-16-20 01:42 PM
    Related to 'keys', one of my main likes about having a physical keyboard is being able to use keyboard shortcuts. When I moved from my KeyOne to Titan I just restored a backup and loaded the BB Hub+ apps. and all my shortcuts came over. For anyone who just loaded today's update I thought I lost my shortcuts but all I had to do was turn of the system keyboard shortcuts (in intelligent assistance) and they all returned and can be managed in the BB launcher.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-16-20 01:55 PM
    Pretty much. It’s not a big deal @$199USD but that’s not the intended price for retail sales. Many seem to be losing sight of that.
    I would actually consider the Titan to be a $300 device as it is.
    01-16-20 01:57 PM
    I know some folks had issue with some apps due to the screen format not showing say the 'continue' button. Of the 172 apps on my Titan I have, so far, only found one with an issue, the Delta app. The new Mini Mode solves the problem so I expect it will for other apps.
    01-16-20 06:46 PM
    So how many have they sold?
    01-16-20 08:06 PM
    So how many have they sold?
    They've only gone out to the kickstarter 3,000.
    01-16-20 08:46 PM
    The Titan will get Android 10:

https://www.unihertz.com/shop/produc...n-pre-order-39
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-20 12:40 AM
    BlackBerry software can all be installed via cobalt BlackBerry manager. The in built app, App Blocker - needs to be opened then allow all BlackBerry apps to operate in the background.
    01-17-20 02:39 AM
    The Titan will get Android 10:

https://www.unihertz.com/shop/produc...n-pre-order-39[IMG=715x719]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/c903c6ccfe2a49a4986610b187c71c0b.jpg[/url]
    That only means something when it actual happens. Just ask Key2 and Key2 LE owners.
    01-17-20 05:52 AM
    That only means something when it actual happens. Just ask Key2 and Key2 LE owners.

You shouldn't compare Blackberry / TLC with Unihertz in this context. So far, Unihertz has always delivered the promised Android version of the existing devices.

There's no need to be pessimistic.
    3800 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-17-20 05:59 AM
    You shouldn't compare Blackberry / TLC with Unihertz in this context. So far, Unihertz has always delivered the promised Android version of the existing devices.

When any company only sells handful of devices, I’m skeptical because that’s business. Many OEMs never OS update low end devices ever.
    01-17-20 06:02 AM
    When any company only sells handful of devices, I’m skeptical because that’s business.
    That's the difference between the guys who made the Titan and you. They are optimistic and built this device. And I'm thankful for that. Even if they don't sell that much devices - what nobody actually knows - this device will have a influence of Unihertzs reputation on the market in some way. So they have good reasons to care.

They did not even started selling the device on the regular market. Who knows, how much they will sell?

So far Unihertz have given no reason, that their information cannot be trusted.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-20 06:25 AM
    That's the difference between the guys who made the Titan and you. They are optimistic and built this device. And I'm thankful for that. Even if they don't sell that much devices - what nobody actually knows - this device will have a influence of Unihertzs reputation on the market in some way. So they have good reasons to care.

They did not even started selling the device on the regular market. Who knows, how much they will sell?

Unihertz built device to make profits and this one appears to be a failure, by their standards. Like how any business operates, if enough devices are sold and cost for offering Android 10 isn’t too much, it will happen. If costs are too great, for the few devices sold, there’s strong possibility, Unihertz could just cut it’s commitment. Titan has fraction of the VKB devices crowdsourced by Unihertz and may not generate sales like the VKB in the normal after crowdsourced period.
    01-17-20 07:01 AM

They literally just started selling them. It should be no big surprise that they are actively supporting the device initially.
    01-17-20 07:25 AM

I think that the type of consumer who orders a Titan knows exactly what he's getting into, so return rates should theoretically be low, especially since the missed key press issue is already fixed. I don't see any inherent flaws with this device anymore and wish it success.
    JJSmip, 3800 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-17-20 07:36 AM

The Atom has a poor record for security patches, so...
    01-17-20 07:44 AM
    I can't even imagine typing on a tiny slab like that
    01-17-20 08:14 AM
    The Atom has got the Android version Unihertz promised. I didn't write about security patches.

I didn't say Unihertz will support the Titan with security patches for the next 3 years. I don't know how long the support will be.

We will see.

Getting Android 10 on the Titan alone is nice to know and not common, if you see other new Android devices on the market.
    3800 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-17-20 08:41 AM
    ... think about this.

I haven't bought a Titan jet and I am an "only pkb user".

I will buy one if my passport has not any more the usability I need. But I watch the market and see the titan as my next device.

I think only the early birds and some enthusiastic have bought the Titan jet.

I guess at least 70 better 80 percent will still come and buy.

After the Titan is completely fixed and really "ready"

and / or

the old blackberry and other pkb fans needs a new device because their old mobile is broken.

I give my word for it.
    I am statistical relevant
    01-17-20 08:47 AM
    Hi
    Unfortunately my passport is unusable till years. I'm now Titan daily user. Ok there's some bugs and keyboard is far from PPt. But what a pleasure to recover such a wide screen !
    01-17-20 03:07 PM
    Just sold my KeyOne and boy, how fast I got used to the Titan. I found the pkb of the KeyOne very tiny... it was easy to let it go. I had a nice time with the KeyOne but now I enjoy the robust and solid built Titan. It just fits better to my use case.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-19-20 03:19 AM
    Just sold my KeyOne and boy, how fast I got used to the Titan. I found the pkb of the KeyOne very tiny... it was easy to let it go. I had a nice time with the KeyOne but now I enjoy the robust and solid built Titan. It just fits better to my use case.
    How do you find the key clickiness and travel on the Titan compared to the KEYone?
    01-19-20 07:39 AM
    I use the Titan exactly the same way like my KeyOne.

The pkb of the Titan is a bit stiffer compared to my KeyOne but it doesn't influence typing in a negative sense. If I type on it, it feels quite close to my Passport, just the size of the keys is bigger.

I have a good writing experience with SwiftKey. Kika is still not good enough because it is somehow difficult to write email address for example (unwanted blanks). But together with SwiftKey it's fine.

Of course I'm still not that fast like with any other device I used some years. That's a unrealistic claim. But I'm fast enough for daily use and the overall feel of the device is faster especially switching between apps and what is important for me it feels always solid built so I don't have in mind it could bent or get destroyed because I didn't care enough. Alone this is worth using the Titan for me.

And the best is the display size! I don't know why screen size just went higher and higher without any adjustment of the width. The screen size of the Titan is in an ergonomic way better then the common smartphone display size. For daily writing and reading it is the best! Of course for watching movies or gaming it's not so good, but I don't use my smartphone for that. If I want to do this I'm somehow old school and use a TV or tablet.
    01-19-20 10:02 AM
    I use the Titan exactly the same way like my KeyOne.

The pkb of the Titan is a bit stiffer compared to my KeyOne but it doesn't influence typing in a negative sense. If I type on it, it feels quite close to my Passport, just the size of the keys is bigger.

I have a good writing experience with SwiftKey. Kika is still not good enough because it is somehow difficult to write email address for example (unwanted blanks). But together with SwiftKey it's fine.

Of course I'm still not that fast like with any other device I used some years. That's a unrealistic claim. But I'm fast enough for daily use and the overall feel of the device is faster especially switching between apps and what is important for me it feels always solid built so I don't have in mind it could bent or get destroyed because I didn't care enough. Alone this is worth using the Titan for me.

And the best is the display size! I don't know why screen size just went higher and higher without any adjustment of the width. The screen size of the Titan is in an ergonomic way better then the common smartphone display size. For daily writing and reading it is the best! Of course for watching movies or gaming it's not so good, but I don't use my smartphone for that. If I want to do this I'm somehow old school and use a TV or tablet.
    How do you get special symbols on other keyboard apps without keeping the virtual keyboard open all the time?
    01-19-20 10:50 AM
    How do you find the key clickiness and travel on the Titan compared to the KEYone?
    Do people still say PMFJI?

I just performed a completely unscientific comparison between KEYone, Passport and Titan. I pressed keys with a toothpick in an effort exclude surface feel as a perceptive cue. Also attempted to visually judge travel.

I would bet against myself being able to distinguish amongst these keyboards in a blind toothpick test. As for judging travel difference visually - phht.

For me, the Titan keytops feel flatter and the action a little more damped. I put the former down to key slant on the Passport and key size on the KEYone. The latter I attribute to load spreading.

Highly subjective obviously. I happen to like the Titan.

In my work I wear lightweight partially nitrile-coated gloves almost all the time. This is a huge factor in my appreciation for PKB's and keyboard or button shortcuts. The KEYone was really growing on me and I'm not letting it go but the Titan key size and screen dimensions are really hitting the spot for me. Honestly I could do with a little less weight (battery!)
    01-19-20 10:51 AM
1,491 ... 1112131415 ...