My Titan was delivered late (thanks DHL), so I have only had it for a couple of days, but so far I love this phone. It has become my daily driver and I plan to keep it that way. As everyone else has said the sheer size is a bit of an adjustment, but after about a day of use, I no longer notice it. No issues with the keyboard and in fact I am actually very impressed with it. Very responsive and no missed key strokes. I will say that when I first got the phone the spacebar was a bit sticky but that loosened up after an hour or two of use. Maybe I got lucky and have a good unit, but just my 2 cents
    3800 likes this.
    01-14-20 06:30 AM
    I will say that when I first got the phone the spacebar was a bit sticky but that loosened up after an hour or two of use.
    I guess they really didn't want to make the same mistake as TCL with their 2018 KEY2's
    01-14-20 01:26 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has been able to make a wifi call on ATT? Wifi calling shows up in the menu but when I try to make a call on wifi it tells me to connect to a wifi network, obviously I am connected to wifi.
    I enabled it but when I put the phone in airplane mode and just turn on WiFi it asks that I switch off airplane mode. I don't know if it defaults to a WiFi call when it is available and you are also on the ATT network
    01-14-20 04:09 PM
    Wi-Fi calling works on mine with Verizon
    01-14-20 05:56 PM
    WIFI. Calling works on mine using T-Mobile
    01-15-20 02:07 PM
    Dear Backers,

We are glad to announce the first update for Titan is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings->About phone->Wireless Update”

Please find the detail update information below:

1. Update Google security patch to 2019-10-05.
    2. Update GMS package: Google Play Music app is no longer included in the GMS bundle. YouTube Music is the core app in place of Google Play Music.
    3. Allow the search bar of the launcher interface to be removed. Please clean the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    4. Solve the problem of missing letters when pressing keys quickly.
    5. Add Mini mode to solve the display or abnormal problems of some third-party applications. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Mini mode.
    6. Add blocking reminder on the lock screen. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Block notice.
    7. The programmable key can be used as ctrl key function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Programmable key - Use Ctrl key.
    8. Add Alt / Shift key exchange function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Swop Alt / Shift key.
    9. Keyboard shortcuts can be used in the third-party launcher.
    10. Scroll assistant supports horizontal screen operation.
    11. Remove the Google and Duo icons in the folder, please clean up the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    12. Solve the problem that the BACK button cannot be returned in the BB input method.
    13. Add FCC/CE/TELEC/JATE certificates labels. Menu: Settings - System - About phone - Regulatory labels.
    14. Add a prompt message when entering Chrome.
    15.Optimize the Kika input method:
    1)Open a contact chat in WhatsApp, the first two letters will be automatically capitalized each time when you open the dialog for the first time.
    2)Double-click the space key to enter a period and automatically space.
    3)Add Kika setting menu, support next-word suggestions switch, Double-space period switch, Auto-correction switch.
    4)Increase the size of association words and increase the spacing between association words in Chinese input mode.
    5)Modify the issue of editing dynamic information in WhatsApp.
    6)Always show candidate fields.
    7)Solve the problem that long press delete key in Facebook messenger application cannot be completely deleted.
    Thanks for all the support and we will keep optimizing Titan according to your feedback.

Please share your opinion and user experience with us in Titan Group.
    3800, Mecca EL and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-16-20 04:18 AM
    so basically most of the complaints in this thread are fixed with the first update. love to see it
    01-16-20 04:42 AM
    so basically most of the complaints in this thread are fixed with the first update. love to see it
    Yeah got my Titan just yesterday, and already plenty hot fix !

I'm very impressed by the build quality of the phone, and by that unihertz's reactivity!
    3800, Mecca EL and shadowcalling like this.
    01-16-20 05:17 AM
    Dear Backers,

We are glad to announce the first update for Titan is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings->About phone->Wireless Update”

Please find the detail update information below:

1. Update Google security patch to 2019-10-05.
    2. Update GMS package: Google Play Music app is no longer included in the GMS bundle. YouTube Music is the core app in place of Google Play Music.
    3. Allow the search bar of the launcher interface to be removed. Please clean the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    4. Solve the problem of missing letters when pressing keys quickly.
    5. Add Mini mode to solve the display or abnormal problems of some third-party applications. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Mini mode.
    6. Add blocking reminder on the lock screen. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Block notice.
    7. The programmable key can be used as ctrl key function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Programmable key - Use Ctrl key.
    8. Add Alt / Shift key exchange function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Swop Alt / Shift key.
    9. Keyboard shortcuts can be used in the third-party launcher.
    10. Scroll assistant supports horizontal screen operation.
    11. Remove the Google and Duo icons in the folder, please clean up the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    12. Solve the problem that the BACK button cannot be returned in the BB input method.
    13. Add FCC/CE/TELEC/JATE certificates labels. Menu: Settings - System - About phone - Regulatory labels.
    14. Add a prompt message when entering Chrome.
    15.Optimize the Kika input method:
    1)Open a contact chat in WhatsApp, the first two letters will be automatically capitalized each time when you open the dialog for the first time.
    2)Double-click the space key to enter a period and automatically space.
    3)Add Kika setting menu, support next-word suggestions switch, Double-space period switch, Auto-correction switch.
    4)Increase the size of association words and increase the spacing between association words in Chinese input mode.
    5)Modify the issue of editing dynamic information in WhatsApp.
    6)Always show candidate fields.
    7)Solve the problem that long press delete key in Facebook messenger application cannot be completely deleted.
    Thanks for all the support and we will keep optimizing Titan according to your feedback.

Please share your opinion and user experience with us in Titan Group.
    I wonder if this update will fix the missed input issues that several have reported.

If it does, then I may consider giving this thing another shot just by curiosity.
    01-16-20 07:45 AM
    I wonder if this update will fix the missed input issues that several have reported.

If it does, then I may consider giving this thing another shot just by curiosity.
    I'm sure unihertz is waiting with bated breath
    shadowcalling likes this.
    01-16-20 08:10 AM
    someone never owned a Q10 with the double typing issue and it shows
    shadowcalling and Mecca EL like this.
    01-16-20 08:12 AM
    I'm sure unihertz is waiting with bated breath
    They should be. Right now, Titan is considered a piece of junk from all the negative reviews from initial backers. A good review from someone like the_boon could help save Titan from the epic fail status it currently owns
    01-16-20 08:13 AM

I have run the update and there does appear to he some distinct improvement.

They have also added the period after a double tap of the spacebar.
    01-16-20 08:14 AM
    someone never owned a Q10 with the double typing issue and it shows
    You’re joking right? Anti-VKB the_boon is a serious PIA here about his dislikes, however, I’d trust his opinion.
    01-16-20 08:18 AM
    You’re joking right? Anti-VKB the_boon is a serious PIA here about his dislikes, however, I’d trust his opinion.
    but his posts have been "this keyboard is trash and BlackBerry would NEVER put out a keyboard like this" completely whitewashing all the BlackBerry keyboard issues in the past. it's a dishonest biased narrative.
    01-16-20 08:20 AM
    but his posts have been "this keyboard is trash and BlackBerry would NEVER put out a keyboard like this" completely whitewashing all the BlackBerry keyboard issues in the past. it's a dishonest biased narrative.
    To be honest, prior to this update, the Titan keyboard was useless at speed. But the problem seems to be mostly resolved now.

It's still far too bulky and heavy in my opinion for a true keyboard warrior, but at least it's workable now.
    the_boon and Drg84 like this.
    01-16-20 08:28 AM
    They should be. Right now, Titan is considered a piece of junk from all the negative reviews from initial backers. A good review from someone like the_boon could help save Titan from the epic fail status it currently owns
    Oh yeah, of course - Crackberry is the center of universe! Lol....
    01-16-20 09:09 AM
    If a BlackBerry keyboard has issues, I'm not gonna disregard it.

I'm sure the Titan's spacebar is essentially more reliable than the KEY2's.
    It would be dishonest for me to say the opposite.
    3800 likes this.
    01-16-20 10:05 AM
    In fairness, the Titan's keyboard (hardware and software) is not even in the same league as a BlackBerry keyboard. It's workable, but that's about it.

But the fact that keys actually register now above 15wpm is a big upgrade.

With this update, and with NetGuard working hard in the background, only the weight remains a deal-breaker for me.
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-20 at 11:05 AM.
    01-16-20 10:53 AM

With this update, and with NetGuard working hard in the background, only the weight remains a deal-breaker for me.
    Except an update won't solve that one lol, and I doubt you can just remove heavy parts of the frame without it looking like a mess after.
    01-16-20 11:09 AM
    One update and this phone is really shaping up. Good job Unihertz!
    the_boon, shadowcalling and 3800 like this.
    01-16-20 12:43 PM
    Oh yeah, of course - Crackberry is the center of universe! Lol....
    Of course not, but I replying to your personally dismissive comment.
    01-16-20 01:21 PM
    One update and this phone is really shaping up. Good job Unihertz!
    Feel the same way!!
    shadowcalling likes this.
    01-16-20 01:26 PM
    Except an update won't solve that one lol, and I doubt you can just remove heavy parts of the frame without it looking like a mess after.
    That’s been the huge, literally, problem and yes, pun intended. Supposedly, device weighs 50% greater than Passport which I found already clunky. I always thought my 8700 was cumbersome and it weighs less than Passport and more than 50% less than Titan reported weight.

I’ve always thought 8700 was rugged so I’m not sure about weight other than all battery. Sounds like overkill with all the charging options we have with backup power and such.
    01-16-20 01:27 PM
    That’s been the huge, literally, problem and yes, pun intended. Supposedly, device weighs 50% greater than Passport which I found already clunky.
    Titan is 303g

KEY2 LE is 156g

If you tape two LE's together (312g), it wouldn't be far from the weight of a Titan.

Matter of fact, two LE's taped together (3000mAh x2) means you'd be getting the same battery capacity as a Titan (6000mAh) !
    01-16-20 01:34 PM
1,491 ... 1011121314 ...