What you got is what you’re going to get... that’s it... that’s all folks
    I don't know about that Chuck, this looks like it could be the beginning of a new revolution for this type of phone. Bring all your BB10 / Passport buddies and let's show'em!!

I have a Unihertz Titan - AMA.-korg_mcu_img.jpeg
    01-12-20 03:11 PM
    I don't know about that Chuck, this looks like it could be the beginning of a new revolution for this type of phone. Bring all your BB10 / Passport buddies and let's show'em!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Korg_MCU_img.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	447279
    I’m afraid we’re short by about 100X the necessary forces but maybe in an eon...
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-12-20 03:27 PM
    Been dere done dat. Good news is that I started over from scratch and it's all good now.

Thanks for the tip tho.
    no problem. I didn't notice the App Blocker until after I had already wiped the Titan and added apps and email addresses to the BB Hub manually. So I wasn't sure if it was the automated device transfer was the issue. Sounds like there may still be an issue with that too.
    01-12-20 03:51 PM
    UniHertz Titan Review – a look at the mighty Titan

Some useful tips and tricks in this article.

https://madbadgadgets.com/2020/01/04...-mighty-titan/
    01-12-20 04:54 PM
    nice extra long vaca
    01-12-20 05:13 PM
    My Titan refuses to PKB scroll in landscape orientation, which was one of my favorite things about the Passport (for reading articles and web viewing).

Is anyone else having this issue?
    01-12-20 05:16 PM
    My Titan refuses to PKB scroll in landscape orientation, which was one of my favorite things about the Passport (for reading articles and web viewing).

Is anyone else having this issue?
    it sort of works for me. When in landscape you scroll left and right to move p and down.
    Wrec likes this.
    01-12-20 05:42 PM
    it sort of works for me. When in landscape you scroll left and right to move p and down.
    Yeah, that does sorta work, definitely better than not working at all. Thanks for the tip, i shoulda tried that myself.

I wonder if scrolling up and down in landscape is problematic because the keys are a touch off vertical.
    01-12-20 06:16 PM
    Yeah, that does sorta work, definitely better than not working at all. Thanks for the tip, i shoulda tried that myself.

I wonder if scrolling up and down in landscape is problematic because the keys are a touch off vertical.
    I noticed left to right in portrait does not work. It works o my keyone scrolling from home page.

I think this is the best they can do without infringing (maybe more) BB patents.
    01-12-20 06:22 PM
    I noticed left to right in portrait does not work. It works o my keyone scrolling from home page.

I think this is the best they can do without infringing (maybe more) BB patents.
    I can't scroll left/right between home pages in portrait either. But I can when web-browsing & zoomed in so line length exceeds the screen width.

Interestingly, in landscape when web-browsing & zoomed in so line length exceeds the screen width: scrolling left/right on the KB moves screen text up/down and scrolling up/down on the KB moves the screen text left/right .
    01-12-20 07:22 PM
    Is the keyboard also a trackpad, as in BB recent devices?
    01-13-20 03:41 PM
    @danfrancisco was kind enough to let me take his Titan for an extended spin. I'll be playing with it for a couple of weeks.

First impressions:

1) Keys are not very responsive when you're typing at high speed - there are many missed keys. Hitting the keys hard slows me down and tires me out rather quickly.

2) The keyboard software is atrocious. Odd punctuation placement, onscreen component making wrong predictions of what I'm trying to do, caps control is terrible, etc.

3) Had to get things settled down with NetGuard. Took me a while with the non-Play Store version, but I think I've stopped the phoning-home.

4) It is HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY. Did I mention it was HEAVY?

When I pick up my KEY2 again, it feels like waking up from a bad dream.

The screen is fine, and the stock Android is fine. Fit and finish is solid.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-13-20 04:19 PM
    First impressions:

1) Keys are not very responsive when you're typing at high speed - there are many missed keys. Hitting the keys hard slows me down and tires me out rather quickly.
    It's official, the Titan has terrible keyboard chip/firmware.

Mine wasn't a "one-off" dud.
    01-13-20 04:27 PM
    @danfrancisco was kind enough to let me take his Titan for an extended spin. I'll be playing with it for a couple of weeks.

First impressions:

2) The keyboard software is atrocious. Odd punctuation placement, onscreen component making wrong predictions of what I'm trying to do, caps control is terrible, etc.

3) Had to get things settled down with NetGuard. Took me a while with the non-Play Store version, but I think I've stopped the phoning-home.

4) It is HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY. Did I mention it was HEAVY?

When I pick up my KEY2 again, it feels like waking up from a bad dream.

The screen is fine, and the stock Android is fine. Fit and finish is solid.
    Sloppy seconds
    01-13-20 04:29 PM
    It's official, the Titan has terrible keyboard chip/firmware.

Mine wasn't a "one-off" dud.
    I'm back on my KEY² for a bit. The Titan is so incredibly unwieldy by comparison.

If you are slow and deliberate, then the keys press fine. But if you're getting up some speed, it becomes almost unusable. I'd much rather be using a tablet in portrait mode instead. Just such a big effort.

When you take it out of the packaging, it simply floors you how big it is.

Truly it's not a phone or a tablet - it's something else entirely.
    01-13-20 04:30 PM
    Sloppy seconds
    I think he took one look at it and put it back in the box.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-13-20 04:32 PM
    I'll also add that I shut down connections for 64 (edit 56) apps - all non-essential bloatware and/or spyware.
    Last edited by conite; 01-13-20 at 09:42 PM.
    01-13-20 04:40 PM
    I'll also add that I shut down connections for 64 apps - all non-essential bloatware and/or spyware.
    Time to write a tutorial to be stickied in the upcoming Titan forums!
    01-13-20 04:50 PM
    Yeah you have to be precise on typing with it and cant zoom around like most all other keybaords
    01-13-20 04:56 PM
    I'm back on my KEY² for a bit. The Titan is so incredibly unwieldy by comparison.

If you are slow and deliberate, then the keys press fine. But if you're getting up some speed, it becomes almost unusable. I'd much rather be using a tablet in portrait mode instead. Just such a big effort.

When you take it out of the packaging, it simply floors you how big it is.

Truly it's not a phone or a tablet - it's something else entirely.
    Size and weight aside (those aren't a surprise) it sucks to have to force yourself to type at 15wpm
    01-13-20 04:57 PM
    I've also receveid mine and moved from Key2 (Will be my last BBy if it's possible to consider K2 as a BBy...No regret)
    I want to correct something: Titan is not waterproof. It's only IP67 meaning humidity not water resistant. It's a huge phone... but 4 days autonomy when everything is optimized.

There's a lot of things to be improved on Titan: PKB firmware, wireless data rate, consumption... Sure unihertz will do if they want to sell this phone out of kickstarter.
    But if I compare with my K2:
    *Bluetooth never drops when SMS service is enabled.
    *It's muted when "mute enabled" , not ringing once...
    *Ringing volume is low when set up low...
    *Google assistant is available through Bluetooth
    *Space key always send Space (main reason I've leaved K2)
    All these bugs were on my K2 when received... and after seven updates!!! I've twice detailed all to BBmo. Nada ! Titan is 200E while K2 was about 700E. I may expect a better support.

At last, with titan I've recovered the widescreen of my old Passport (my real last BBy). I don't care about bugs and weight for such comfort...
    I've brought my titan in the shower a few times, it's definitely waterproof
    01-13-20 06:10 PM
    I've brought my titan in the shower a few times, it's definitely waterproof
    TMI
    01-13-20 09:29 PM
    Are you serious?

Mine is a piece of s*** that has more missed key presses than any KEY2 with a bad spacebar
    My Titan keyboard is not bad at all, spacebar is a bit small and I wish the ALT key were somewhere on the left instead of the right but it's not horrible. Not as good as my key1 or key2 but i would say better than the priv.
    01-14-20 01:13 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has been able to make a wifi call on ATT? Wifi calling shows up in the menu but when I try to make a call on wifi it tells me to connect to a wifi network, obviously I am connected to wifi.
    01-14-20 02:04 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has been able to make a wifi call on ATT? Wifi calling shows up in the menu but when I try to make a call on wifi it tells me to connect to a wifi network, obviously I am connected to wifi.
    I’m pretty sure that’s AT&T limitation
    3800 likes this.
    01-14-20 06:14 AM
1,491 ... 910111213 ...