Could we please get a couple pics (front, back, side etc) comparing it next to a Passport (if you still have one)?

Posted via CB10
    Google search and you will find this
    01-02-20 05:08 AM
    Could we please get a couple pics (front, back, side etc) comparing it next to a Passport (if you still have one)?

Posted via CB10
    I have a Unihertz Titan - AMA.-img_4723.jpgI have a Unihertz Titan - AMA.-img_4722.jpg
    zer0ten, elfabio80 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-02-20 09:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4723.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	447175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4722.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	447176
    Thank you! That thing is absolutely massive.
    01-02-20 10:34 AM
    Thank you! That thing is absolutely massive.
    Think you need a bar of beskar in the opposite pocket for balance.
    Troy Tiscareno, AZN, Ecm and 1 others like this.
    01-02-20 10:40 AM
    1) Any app Aspect ratio issues?

2) What’s the device pin series like?

Mine was 2BF6E809 & 2BE96761

NOTE: I am indeed referring to your Unihertz Titan device.
    01-02-20 11:10 AM
    1) Any app Aspect ratio issues?
    There's certainly some wonkiness in certain apps. YouTube full-screen for example always goes sideways. Instagram has some odd layout issues as does Snapchat. If you have any apps, in particular, you want to know about, drop a list and I'll check em.

2) What’s the device pin series like?
    I'll let someone else answer this. My BBM Enterprise account seems to be all messed up right now and my BBID is locked.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-20 11:46 AM
    Thanks, same to you as well.

There are a few things that come built-in that are.. weird IMO.. though from what I can tell so far, they are MediaTek apps. Here's a list:

- Browser - The pre-loaded browser is some generic, outdated Chrome fork. Ditched that immed.

- Quickstep - This is the launcher they are using - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kung.launcher3

My biggest concerns actually come from the keyboard app (a custom version of Kika Keyboard) and the fact the system update app has been customized and appears to be using adups instead of the standard Google OTA updater.
    The Browser just closes if not given permission acces to whatever it asks for. Really handy.

Not sure what happened to my launcher. It doesnt look like the screenshots at google play. Eg app drawer launcher is missing. Actually it is just having an almost emtpy home screen with when swiping left some extra screens on the right. Almost like a certain EOL phone operating system. Can’t delete or hide icons on those screens.

Kika has 19 trackers if indeed picked the correct one at Exodus. Brilliant.

Software wise it needs some work.
    01-02-20 03:28 PM
    Not sure what happened to my launcher. It doesnt look like the screenshots at google play. Eg app drawer launcher is missing. Actually it is just having an almost emtpy home screen with when swiping left some extra screens on the right. Almost like a certain EOL phone operating system. Can’t delete or hide icons on those screens.
    It's the same launcher, It's just a locked down custom version they loaded. It's better to replace it with whatever your preferred launcher is for more features and improved gesture navigation. You almost HAVE to in order to make it more usable but yeah, the software could use some more love and attention to detail.
    johnsliderbb and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-02-20 03:33 PM
    There's certainly some wonkiness in certain apps. YouTube full-screen for example always goes sideways. Instagram has some odd layout issues as does Snapchat. If you have any apps, in particular, you want to know about, drop a list and I'll check em.

I'll let someone else answer this. My BBM Enterprise account seems to be all messed up right now and my BBID is locked.
    That BB security DTEKed some kinda spyware LOL
    01-02-20 03:39 PM
    Did you ever get the Blackberry hub+ suite to work on it? Whenever I try to add an account I get "Can't connect. Couldn't create the account. Try again" or some such... (all the account/server info I entered is correct btw, doesn't work for gmail or exchange activesync).

edit: nvm... Settings - Intelligent Assistance - App Blocker -> you'll find that the apps in question are all blocked. *sigh*
    Last edited by Nassau; 01-02-20 at 06:39 PM.
    01-02-20 05:28 PM
    Got mine today... boy is this thing war thicccck! Comically so! I've set it aside for now as I also got my Xiaomi MI9 SE today and this thing is a beauty!

My BlackBerry days are numbered unless they can push out Pie to my KEY2 by May 1, 2020!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-02-20 09:45 PM
    Got mine today... boy is this thing war thicccck! Comically so! I've set it aside for now as I also got my Xiaomi MI9 SE today and this thing is a beauty!

My BlackBerry days are numbered unless they can push out Pie to my KEY2 by May 1, 2020!
    TCL did a test push of bloatware and everyone complained. Since all that privacy data was going to pay for PIE, no update for you...
    01-02-20 09:48 PM
    Did you ever get the Blackberry hub+ suite to work on it? Whenever I try to add an account I get "Can't connect. Couldn't create the account. Try again" or some such... (all the account/server info I entered is correct btw, doesn't work for gmail or exchange activesync).

edit: nvm... Settings - Intelligent Assistance - App Blocker -> you'll find that the apps in question are all blocked. *sigh*
    Looks like they figured many would be Hubbing it, and it may lead to some “mobile keyboard device with built in email management” kinda patent issue, regardless of the fact that it’s a paid android app from a market place.
    01-04-20 02:05 AM
    Looks like they figured many would be Hubbing it, and it may lead to some “mobile keyboard device with built in email management” kinda patent issue, regardless of the fact that it’s a paid android app from a market place.
    perhap... it's propably just the feature of the app-blocker being a tad over-enthouiastic... it's easily remedied though, it's all working fine now first time in my life I'm paying for a BB app though hehe... so bloody worth it though
    01-04-20 02:21 AM
    I'd be very concerned about this thing being loaded with spyware.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-04-20 03:34 AM
    perhap... it's propably just the feature of the app-blocker being a tad over-enthouiastic... it's easily remedied though, it's all working fine now first time in my life I'm paying for a BB app though hehe... so bloody worth it though

I get mine on Monday and one of the first things I want to do is load the BB Apps, what did you do to get the apps loaded?

Thanks in advance.
    01-04-20 09:19 AM
    I just got a Titan as well. Coming from a KeyOne, the huge keys need quite some time to getting used to. Having rather small fingers, I for now definitely would prefer the KeyOne's keys.

Also the phone indeed is quite huge and heavy - I'll therefore only use it as a secondary phone as originally planned though. My reason for backing - beside curiosity - was to support the making of new PKB devices.

What annoys me the most with the Titan for now is the delay when using the Shift or alt key. Often it happens that pressing either keys (unless you do it really shortly) will also effect the second character. So writing in capital LEtters CAn ENd Up Like THis. Speaking of the alt key: Its location directly above the "number block" makes it rather difficult to type numbers with the PKB. And I also already managed to accidentally keeping the On/ Off button pressed.

Surprising to me, the keyboard is touch sensitive and can be used for scrolling.

IMO Though, the Key devices are better but also much more expensive and soon outdated.
    01-04-20 10:19 AM

IMO Though, the Key devices are better but also much more expensive and soon outdated.
    bingo. it always amazes me how many people nitpick and compare specs of a midrange device to devices that cost twice as much. the price is low for a reason, you get what you pay for
    01-04-20 10:33 AM
    bingo. it always amazes me how many people nitpick and compare specs of a midrange device to devices that cost twice as much. the price is low for a reason, you get what you pay for
    Except that the Titan isn't really capable of being a daily driver - even if it was only $1.
    01-04-20 10:57 AM
    Except that the Titan isn't really capable of being a daily driver - even if it was only $1.
    and why not?
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-04-20 11:03 AM
    and why not?
    Any of the new owners here will tell you. It's unwieldy and heavy, with a rather unresponsive keyboard with a strange layout. The software needs a ton of work, it contains adups spyware, and will unlikely see many security patches.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-04-20 11:05 AM
    It's unwieldy and heavy
    What if you look like this guy?I have a Unihertz Titan - AMA.-andre.jpg
    3800, kbz1960 and sesp9 like this.
    01-04-20 11:10 AM
    Any of the new owners here will tell you. It's unwieldy and heavy, with a rather unresponsive keyboard with a strange layout. The software needs a ton of work, it contains adups spyware, and will unlikely see many security patches.
    Strange? Just different. Even now think “back” and “recent app” buttons on K2LE are wrongly positioned.

Nothing wrong with the keyboard on mine. Positive surprise.

The software though... Latest quirk, today installing apps from Fdroid just gets stalled somewhere. Appblocker working again probably, one of the great native apps that can’t be disabled.

Did somebody mention the weight already?
    01-04-20 11:22 AM
    I was trying to find the band availability via Unihertz's website and all it says is that it should work in most countries/carriers, and there's no listing at GSM Arena. I NEED LTE B4 and B66 at a minimum (4, 7, 12, 13, 66 preferred) and I know 'international' versions of devices never have B66. Any idea?

Cheers
    01-04-20 11:46 AM
    Think you need a bar of beskar in the opposite pocket for balance.
    This is the way.
    conite, AZN, rthonpm and 2 others like this.
    01-04-20 01:48 PM
1,491 12345 ...