Yeah. It's like two steps above being non-existent. Just a light soft click.
    Does the entire keyboard have this weak travel or just the space bar?
    01-01-20 01:30 AM
    Does the entire keyboard have this weak travel or just the space bar?
    Entire keyboard. It's not bad though. I kinda like it but as we know from pretty much every other keyboard device, people have their own preferences and they vary widely. It's a nice keyboard overall to me. Reminds of the KEY2 keyboard feel, just with a tighter space bar and less clicky.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-01-20 01:35 AM
    Dear Bla1ze first of all happy new year to you and your family and to the CB family. My question: did you find any bloatware or suspected app/bloatware?

Cheers.
    01-01-20 02:20 AM
    So, are you going to ditch BlackBerry finally?
    the_boon likes this.
    01-01-20 02:32 AM
    Is it running Android 10 with the December Security update?
    01-01-20 02:59 AM
    What do you think about the camera - compared to Passport's really decent one?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 01-01-20 at 08:36 AM.
    01-01-20 03:29 AM
    Congratulations and happy new year budy!
    Didn't know you backed it too

As for BlackBerry, Unihertz give them a middle finger since they said they will remove the capacitive keyboard (probably due to BlackBerry complaint), but in the end, we have it !

Waiting mine here in Paris.

As for the OS, they said that there had not enough time to port Android 10 to get it at release time, so they went Android 9 and they are working on the Android 10 update.
    01-01-20 04:06 AM
    Does it look fugly in person as it does in the photos?
    01-01-20 09:13 AM
    Is it running Android 10 with the December Security update?
    Hahahahahaha! No.
    01-01-20 10:41 AM
    Dear Bla1ze first of all happy new year to you and your family and to the CB family. My question: did you find any bloatware or suspected app/bloatware?

Cheers.
    Thanks, same to you as well.

There are a few things that come built-in that are.. weird IMO.. though from what I can tell so far, they are MediaTek apps. Here's a list:

- Browser - The pre-loaded browser is some generic, outdated Chrome fork. Ditched that immed.
    - TrackBack - This is some app to record the routes you take via GPS. It could be handy to some but I would personally never use it.
    - Toolbox - This has a TON of things in it. Noise test, Compass, Flash Light, Bubble Level, USB Camera, Underwater Camera, Pedometer, etc. Again, maybe handy to some but I would never use nor trust this seemingly generic app. Some will call it bloatware.
    - Game Mode - This seems to just block calls and notifications when you're playing a game. Games need to be added to the list.
    - Student Mode - This seems to be some sort of parental control app that allows / blocks apps, network traffic, specific sites and prevents factory resets.
    - Sound Recorder - Basic sound recorder.
    - SOS - A specific SOS app for emergency contact info, location info, first aid info.
    - Notebook - Appears to be a generic Note taking app.
    - DuraSpeed - Another MediaTek app.. it's basically an app killer - https://www.appbrain.com/app/duraspe...atek.duraspeed arguably, bloatware
    - Quickstep - This is the launcher they are using - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kung.launcher3
    - YGPS - MediaTek's GPS app.
    - MiraVision - This allows you to adjust the display options, it's another MediaTek offering - https://www.mediatek.com/blog/what-is-miravision

There are several other customizations in the OS that control the conv. key and screenshot modes, screen recording modes, call recording options etc. I would personally disable all that stuff when / where possible but it's not always possible.

My biggest concerns actually come from the keyboard app (a custom version of Kika Keyboard) and the fact the system update app has been customized and appears to be using adups instead of the standard Google OTA updater.
    01-01-20 10:59 AM
    What do you think about the camera - compared to Passport's really decent one?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't really tested it much but from the testing I did do... It's a camera, it works. Colors seem washed and images are grainy. Here's one sample, I'll get more soon. - https://i.imgur.com/ekhJTyx.jpg
    01-01-20 11:12 AM
    Does it look fugly in person as it does in the photos?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But, I dunno, it's still ugly.. BUT it seems better built than I expected it to be.
    01-01-20 11:21 AM
    I haven't really tested it much but from the testing I did do... It's a camera, it works. Colors seem washed and images are grainy. Here's one sample, I'll get more soon. - https://i.imgur.com/ekhJTyx.jpg
    Yeah ok, thanks! Thats about what I've read earlier. Nice dog though
    Bla1ze likes this.
    01-01-20 11:25 AM
    So, are you going to ditch BlackBerry finally?
    Could never leave BlackBerry for the Titan. I'd have a heart attack carrying it around. After a few hours using it, though, it does make my KEY2 feel like a feather.
    01-01-20 12:05 PM
    Could never leave BlackBerry for the Titan. I'd have a heart attack carrying it around. After a few hours using it, though, it does make my KEY2 feel like a feather.
    You could carry it in the right leg pocket one day and the left one the other, that way both legs get the same workout
    Mecca EL, moosbb and saint300 like this.
    01-01-20 12:08 PM
    That's pretty bad camera quality..

I feel like it's even worse than the LE's, which is saying alot
    01-01-20 12:09 PM
    You could carry it in the right leg pocket one day and the left one the other, that way both legs get the same workout
    Ha! That's a good point.
    01-01-20 12:09 PM
    After a few hours using it, though, it does make my KEY2 feel like a feather.
    I can't even imagine what it must feel like to go from an LE to the Titan or vice versa.

The Titan is almost twice the weight of the LE.

Since I currently have two LE's, I might tape them together to get a feel for how a Titan weighs
    Bla1ze and saint300 like this.
    01-01-20 12:10 PM
    HD Voice? Wi-Fi Calls?
    I can only confirm the settings are there and it works on T-Mobile. Other carriers, naturally, will vary.
    01-01-20 12:13 PM
    What do you think about the physical Android nav keys? If they released it with Android 10 they could use the gestures and remove that row of keys and put the fingerprint on the back.
    01-01-20 12:29 PM
    What do you think about the physical Android nav keys? If they released it with Android 10 they could use the gestures and remove that row of keys and put the fingerprint on the back.
    It's fine. I mean, I'm used to it coming from KEYone, KEY2 and KEY2 LE. As for the FP sensor, I prefer it on the front anyway. The one thing I do hate though is the task switcher button. I dunno, maybe it's just me but it being on the left feels like it's in the wrong spot. It's not...but I keep hitting the back key to change apps.
    01-01-20 12:52 PM
    It's fine. I mean, I'm used to it coming from KEYone, KEY2 and KEY2 LE. As for the FP sensor, I prefer it on the front anyway. The one thing I do hate though is the task switcher button. I dunno, maybe it's just me but it being on the left feels like it's in the wrong spot. It's not...but I keep hitting the back key to change apps.
    I guess the nav keys can't be e-mailed like the Samsung option? I too prefer the left key as the back button.
    01-01-20 02:11 PM
    Are you confident/brave enough to give it a water resistance test?
    the_boon likes this.
    01-01-20 08:53 PM
    What I like about the KEY2 keyboard is its responsiveness. I find it more responsive than the KEYone. (Less stiff). How does the Titan compare in this regard. Also since it sounds heavy, how is the weight feel when holding it to type something more than a few sentences?
    Another question: how are the camera(s)?
    PS: I see you already commented on the camera.
    It sounds like a phone for a 6 ft 4" lumberjack.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 01-02-20 at 12:36 AM.
    01-02-20 12:26 AM
    How is your impression of the display compared to the passport display?

In my opinion: I prefere the Passport display compared to the display of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is also to big for my pocket so I don't care if the Titan is even bigger. It ends up in my backpack or on the desk anyway connected to my watch.

Camera is also not importend for me, because I always use my Sony RX100.

I'm curious when my Titan will arrive!
    01-02-20 02:28 AM
1,491 1234 ...