Hi Everyone,
    I have the storm my friend has the android. For some reason we are not able to text one another. We type our messages, hit send and the message never appears on the others phone. He is a sprint customer, I am a verizon. While trying to fix this today we both received messages from other friends, without issue. Any help would be highly appreciated. The CSR from verizon stated he has never seen this happen before.

I have rebooted and the roaming thing, to no avail
    06-10-10 04:17 AM
    Never heard of anything like this before. I take it he has an evo. Droid is a Verizon phone.. maybe a sprint issue with the device... wierd
    06-10-10 09:47 AM
    Silly question. Can u text anyone else?
    06-10-10 10:16 AM
    The other texts you received, were those from other friends on sprint or verizon at all?
    06-10-10 10:39 AM
    That is strange.
    06-10-10 11:16 AM
    Just for the heck of it see if u guys have each other blocked.
    I am assuming; u may have tried to do a custom ring or whatever
    for each other. Check that......
    06-10-10 11:43 AM
    Hey everyone!
    I guess it was a software problem, and yes he does have the evo i'm sorry about that! I upgraded my software to the 5.0 I think and now it's working fine. I wasn't getting messages from a few other people as well. As soon as I upgraded a ton flooded through..it was odd
    06-11-10 04:15 PM
    Yeah, our hockey league captain is on sprint, not sure what phone he has, but I have verizon moto droid and I never get his MMS messages, but most of his texts??? Must be a Sprint to Verizon issue. Been going on for a month or so now.
    06-11-10 05:22 PM
    Yeah, our hockey league captain is on sprint, not sure what phone he has, but I have verizon moto droid and I never get his MMS messages, but most of his texts??? Must be a Sprint to Verizon issue. Been going on for a month or so now.
    Funny, I walk into the office today, and my coworker asks me if I got his MMS text.

I didn't receive anything and he is on Sprint, guess I am not the only one, thought it might be something with the ROM I had or the Cyan SMS app I have on it.
    06-11-10 06:44 PM
    Funny, I walk into the office today, and my coworker asks me if I got his MMS text.

I didn't receive anything and he is on Sprint, guess I am not the only one, thought it might be something with the ROM I had or the Cyan SMS app I have on it.
    Don't know, I have had a few different ROMs since I started skating with this team and none of them have helped. in fact I sent him an MMS one day and he didn't get it. But I resent it while we were in the same room and he got it?
    06-12-10 09:43 AM
    I had this issue with my eris and it took a software update to repair. Speaking with a teir 3 rep at verizon I was told it was a issue with android devices when a sms is sent to a different carrier. Carriers use a third party company to send the messages between carriers. I have a friend who could not text me or call me on his iphone WTF! Att and sprint are the worse for this Verizon has their s**t toghether. Call customer service they will create a service ticket and get it fixed!
    06-12-10 11:17 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    I have the storm my friend has the android. For some reason we are not able to text one another. We type our messages, hit send and the message never appears on the others phone. He is a sprint customer, I am a verizon. While trying to fix this today we both received messages from other friends, without issue. Any help would be highly appreciated. The CSR from verizon stated he has never seen this happen before.

I have rebooted and the roaming thing, to no avail
    The DROID is a Verizon phone ..... so what ANDROID device is it? Also, Android doesn't like to deal with inferior phones and Storm is near the top of that list lol.
    06-14-10 01:23 PM
    It allows you to use BB servers and therefore it is free. It works on BlackBerry, Droids, iPhone and Nokia's.
    Just invite your friend to download it and once he has it you guys can text away throught it for free.
    10-10-11 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD