Boy Genius Report not sure how many have seen this but what do you all think about Motorola blocking this leaked update from being downloaded by its users.
    08-22-10 05:54 PM
    Not much. It was a LEAKED rom afterall. The fact that they have been locking their bootloaders on recent phones indicates how they feel about people messing around with their hardware/software.
    08-22-10 06:28 PM
    Seems like a normal thing to do. RIM doesn't like leaked OS's either. Are people really gonna complain about not being able to get a LEAKED OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 07:29 PM
    Seems like a normal thing to do. RIM doesn't like leaked OS's either. Are people really gonna complain about not being able to get a LEAKED OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    RIM also doesnt slam crackberry with cease and desist letters for hosting or posting those OS files.

I think Motorola is just scared someone will reverse engineer their software and get around Motorolas bootrom bs
    08-23-10 12:10 AM
    They mostly have. Modified kernels are out for the Milestone, which had the locked bootloader eons before the Droid X did. Give it a month or two tops, there'll be just as many custom kernels for the X as there is for the Droid. Maybe not Cyanogen, but honestly, not a huge loss.
    08-23-10 04:54 AM
    To the OP, yes it's still open source, but when certain things like the keyboard software, etc. is still copyrighted by Moto, then they can C&D it, now if someone wants to pull it apart and remove those items then Moto doesn't have a say as the remaining would in fact be open source.
    08-23-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD