I got to play with one today for over an hour, and I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed.

I want to know, before I make the click. Should I wait for the N1? My ONLY issue with Droid is the physical keyboard...

Looking for Droid opinions...I'm just really bored and tired of my S2

Aside from that, I'm sold..
    01-16-10 07:20 PM
    I think that the keyboard is one of those things that will get better the longer that you use it. I would wait for the nexus one personally. But if the droid got your attention, I would not hesitate to get it ASAP.
    01-16-10 07:25 PM
    My issues with the N1, are the touch buttons being messy and the OLED not visible in sunlight...
    01-16-10 07:31 PM
    The keyboard is a love-hate relationship. I've had the Droid for about a week and the physical keyboard has certainly grown on me. Probably wouldn't use it everyday but it's certainly liveable. It'd be nice if it had autocorrect like the on-screen one though. I've contemplated returning it before the 30 days are over but there isn't a definite release date and the current one seems to have its own problems. And with the 2.1 upgrade coming to the droid, I don't see the N1 as being worth the wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 07:37 PM
    At first I did not like the keyboard but after awhile it grew on me. I don't like the track ball but I guess I would get use to it also. It depends on what you like. I am satisfied with my Droid it does what I want it to do and much more.
    01-16-10 07:40 PM
    eh why do you want the droid? Seriously the phone is not that great. My girlfriend has it and hates it. The keyboard is horrible, the phone lags all the time and the apps are half *** if you ask me. If your thinking about the droid you might as well get an iphone. If your sick of your s2 then why not swich to the 9700? What is so great about the droid that is making you want to switch?
    01-16-10 07:56 PM
    eh why do you want the droid? Seriously the phone is not that great. My girlfriend has it and hates it. The keyboard is horrible, the phone lags all the time and the apps are half *** if you ask me. If your thinking about the droid you might as well get an iphone. If your sick of your s2 then why not swich to the 9700? What is so great about the droid that is making you want to switch?
    Woah...some pretty strong statements there bud.

First, I'm sticking with VZW, so no iPhone. If VZW got the iPhone, I would get it in a heartbeat.

Secondly, I'm simply bored of the Blackberry platform altogether.

And third, I'm more of a contributor to this site than you know.
    01-16-10 07:59 PM
    TROLL is in the house.
    01-16-10 08:13 PM
    I am looking for my golf clubs to smash that trolls brains across the green :P

Droid is a great phone. I always choose a phone with KB vs without. I have never really cared for touch screens due to accuracy.......until I got my droid! I hardly ever use the KB except for when I use an IRC client I just find it easier to use due to the client. I now always use the onscreen KB knowing if I ever need it the KB is just a slide away
    01-16-10 08:23 PM
    Since the Droid is getting 2.1, that means the graphical enhancements that the N1 has (3d menus, live wallpaper, better gallery and music player) should be in the update...right?
    01-16-10 08:59 PM
    Are you nuts? I'll bite. At least with the Droid he can call out with no fear of his call dropping. When he surfs the net, he will have a muuucccccccccccccccch larger footprint. Nuff said.
    01-16-10 09:04 PM
    Should I wait for the N1? My ONLY issue with Droid is the physical keyboard...
    the virtual keyboard on the droid is the same as the one on the nexus. if comparing the two phones from that aspect then it's a wash, neither is better than the other. comparing the other forums of input, droid has a physical keyboard and d-pad, the nexus has a scroll ball.

i'd suggest trying out the droid for a longer test drive and see how you like it after extended use. the longer i've used the droid, the more i realize just how much less i was settling for with the blackberry.
    01-16-10 09:07 PM
    I am worried about the screen on the Droid myself. I had an S1 and I have been using the droid for about a week. I love it in most aspects but the screen in hard to see in the sun and the lack of custom vibrates for emails gets on my nerves.

This thing handles my exchange e-mail awesome with the Touchdown app and it hits my phone before it hits my work PC. Gmail and yahoo work but not near as fast as the Storm.

I am still looking for the Berryweather equivalent but I have spent a LOT less on apps for the Droid than I did for the BB. Perusing the App store is fun where the app store on the BB sucked.

I hope they fix the BT issues. My Blueant V1 won't work and having no voice commands for the BT sucks.

There is an IP Camera viewer that is awesome though and I would keep the phone just for that! Almost...
    01-16-10 09:09 PM
    Since the Droid is getting 2.1, that means the graphical enhancements that the N1 has (3d menus, live wallpaper, better gallery and music player) should be in the update...right?
    for the most part, yes. not 100% the live wallpaper though, until a final build is ready for the droid we won't know for sure. the 2.1 gallery and music player can already be used on a stock droid, no root necessary. 2.1 and flash will really keep the droid on par or better than any other android phone currently on the market, nexus included.
    01-16-10 09:11 PM
    I got to play with one today for over an hour, and I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed.

I want to know, before I make the click. Should I wait for the N1? My ONLY issue with Droid is the physical keyboard...

Looking for Droid opinions...I'm just really bored and tired of my S2

Aside from that, I'm sold..
    If the keyboard is a problem, wait and get the track ball! ew
    01-16-10 09:50 PM
    I've heard nothing bad about the trackball. I have however heard complaints about the slider on the Droid becoming loose.

I would actually wait for the N1 since spring isn't too long from now and the N1 offers a faster processor, doubled RAM, and better hardware.

Watch this video and see the speed difference between the N1 and Droid. Heck, even the 3GS beats it.
    Yup, the early droid sliders had some issues. I have another upgrade in spring. I might go for the nexus, but I don't know, the droid does already. Trackballs are lame, and a big after thought on the built in taiwan nexus...ew
    01-16-10 11:41 PM
    3Gs, in me hands yesterday, ew, the screen is like old CRT, gross, and old. FA. he he. I would not revert to old 3gs technology, even for the 200 farting apps!
    01-16-10 11:45 PM
    I've heard nothing bad about the trackball. I have however heard complaints about the slider on the Droid becoming loose.

I would actually wait for the N1 since spring isn't too long from now and the N1 offers a faster processor, doubled RAM, and better hardware.

Watch this video and see the speed difference between the N1 and Droid. Heck, even the 3GS beats it.
    Everything that moves has potential to have problems. It doesn't take much at all to gum up a trackball. Trust me, I know.
    01-17-10 01:18 AM
    Everything that moves has potential to have problems. It doesn't take much at all to gum up a trackball. Trust me, I know.
    That track ball of a fail will never last as long as the satisfying snap on the Moto~!!!!!!!!!!~sliding in place like the snake it IS!!!!!!! OOOOO
    01-17-10 04:32 AM
    Im currently debating between the Eris or an iphone....I do like the trackball as it does help navigate better
    01-17-10 08:22 AM
    Where is the Droid built?
    01-17-10 08:30 AM
    China, IIRC. Why does it matter?
    01-17-10 09:52 AM
    China, IIRC. Why does it matter?
    Just curious...

I did end up ordering it. I'm gonna give it a real 30 day test
    01-17-10 10:44 AM
    I had the Droid for about 3 plus weeks and over all I liked the phone except for the email issues. I was not getting them all and I also could not adjust the font and as far as I know the 2.1 does not address the font issue. I am in my 40's and my eyes are tired, LOL. If the font was not so small I would probably still have it.
    The physical keyboard is not a big deal, you can get used to it. The screen is a little hard to see in the sunlight and I prefer the 9530 but would have loved the 3.7 screen.

I would try the phone for a while and see if it does the job for you. No one can do that but you.
    01-17-10 11:01 AM
    Just curious...

I did end up ordering it. I'm gonna give it a real 30 day test
    Thats the best way to do it. The only way you will know if its going to make you happy
    01-17-10 12:36 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD