I have upgraded from a BB Storm to the Moto Droid, and honestly, I cannot put into words how amazing this phone is. In one fell swoop, the Android operating system has already caught up w/ (and no doubt soon to surpass) the iPhone. And although I am and will always be a lover of the Blackberry, I think Android has already surpassed them. Kudos to Google, and kudos to Verizon for temporarily forgetting that you are Verizon and NOT mucking up the Android experience for us. I can't wait to experience the full capabilities of Android.
    Last edited by kalexan9; 11-19-09 at 08:04 PM.
    11-19-09 07:43 PM
    I have upgraded from a BB Storm to the Moto Droid, and honestly, I cannot put into words how amazing this phone is. In one fell swoop, the Android operating system has already caught up w/ (and no doubt soon to surpass) the iPhone. And although I am and will always be a lover of the Blackberry, I think Android has already surpassed them. Kudos to Google, and kudos to Verizon for temporarily forgetting that you are Verizon and mucking up the Android experience for us. I can't wait to experience the full capabilities of Android.
    Welcome friend!
    11-19-09 07:50 PM
    and kudos to Verizon for temporarily forgetting that you are Verizon and mucking up the Android experience for us.
    Can you elaborate on that statement please? What did verizon do to "muck up" the Android experience?
    11-19-09 07:58 PM
    Can you elaborate on that statement please? What did verizon do to "muck up" the Android experience?
    Sorry. I meant to thank them for NOT mucking up the Android experience. I'm correcting it right now.....Thanks.
    11-19-09 08:04 PM
    I'm with you. Took me a couple days to realize how much I love this phone. I had to fix a couple if things on my roommate's storm yesterday and I don't miss mine at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:17 PM
    The Droid seems like an amazing phone. This is one phone I've really been wanting..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:33 PM
    Drrrrrrrrrroid!
    11-19-09 10:22 PM
    I am speachless as well comming from my storm. Best part was my girlfriend came from an iphone and i added her to my plan, and without me even asking her, she said this thing blows her iphone away. Biggest thing for her is the customization and she is an app lover and she was not dissapointed with the app market.

Go Droid!

BTW, I have Fat fingers, And fly on the keyboard!!!!!
    11-19-09 10:34 PM
    Welcome! I'm glad you see the Droid in all it's true great capabilities like I do! It truely is the next best phone out there! iPhone what? Haha.
    11-19-09 10:39 PM
    I think the moderators should take advantage of the DROID craze and start making sub threads for us here! most of the other forum sites i've been to really suck
    11-19-09 11:19 PM
    Glad your happy like most of us are with the phone.

I passed my storm down to my wife and I picked it up to play around with it tonight for the first time since I got the droid.....needless to say it made me like the droid even more. My poor wife thinks it's nice, but you know what they say what she doesn't know wont hurt her
    11-20-09 01:22 AM
    the moto droid is an amazing phone, got one a few days ago, but after working with it for a bit I realized that it really does suck for email (with the exception of gmail which your almost forced to get). The droid is good for what it does, a toy... but I cannot give up my storm 2, email is my work, so I have to have it and have it working correctly.. but the droid is really nice, its my wifes, so I can play on it when I want.
    11-20-09 01:31 AM
    I hate when people use the word "toy." It's not a toy. Just because the e-mail isn't to your liking does not mean that it's a toy.
    11-20-09 01:45 AM
    I have to agree that the Droid is an amazing phone. It doesn't do email as well as the Blackberry, but nonetheless it is one fantastic phone. And there are tons of apps out there and more to come.

I do laugh when people use the phone for 5 minutes and say it stinks. You really have to have the phone for a few days to appreciate how well it work and what a phone should be.

I'm glad I switched. I had ordered the Storm 2 and realized the phone is just a slight upgrade to my Storm 1. I wanted something new and now I have it (yeah).
    11-20-09 10:19 AM
    I have to agree that the Droid is an amazing phone. It doesn't do email as well as the Blackberry, but nonetheless it is one fantastic phone. And there are tons of apps out there and more to come.

I do laugh when people use the phone for 5 minutes and say it stinks. You really have to have the phone for a few days to appreciate how well it work and what a phone should be.

I'm glad I switched. I had ordered the Storm 2 and realized the phone is just a slight upgrade to my Storm 1. I wanted something new and now I have it (yeah).

i actually get email faster on my droid then i did with my storm. i did a test with my girls storm sent one email and put both of our emails in the send to and i got the email on my droid a good 15 seconds before her storm. Both were gmail accounts.
    11-20-09 10:24 AM
    I want one really bad. I love my Tour but it seems like this is the new best thing.
    11-20-09 10:29 AM
    I hate when people use the word "toy." It's not a toy. Just because the e-mail isn't to your liking does not mean that it's a toy.

trebb, we are on the same page. I hate it with a passion, and now Droid owners will see why with the emergence of Android Market. Having apps doesn't make your device a toy, it transforms it to a better experience. It feels like you're using a brand new phone when you get a new app.
    11-20-09 10:34 AM
    So why is it that some say Droid email is as good as and some say it's worse than a BB? Is it just how quick you get it or is it that you have to go find in in some folder or what's the difference exactly? Forget Gmail, I won't mess with that, I use a plan old POP account from my cable company ISP. Thanks
    11-20-09 10:47 AM

The phone DOES stink if you try it out in the store only. I thought the same thing when I went to check it out for 20 minutes. It was OK, nothing that made me want to switch out my Curve.

Only when I got to borrow the Droid from work for two days and hooked up my gmail, exchange account via touchdown, installed a couple IM clients, used Facebook, played with Youtube, figured out how to create widgets, used the GPS and extensively used the web browser etc etc did I really start liking the phone. Using the phone in the VZW store does not do the phone justice. I'm not saying this phone is for everyone, I did find a lot of stuff I didn't like about it. But overall, it's a great phone and I'm heavily considering upgrading from my Curve once the next patch/update comes out to see if it fixes some problems with the OS that I experienced.
    11-20-09 02:30 PM
    I was very, very tempted to get the Droid this time around, but the fact that switching to Verizon would have cost $50 more a month for service that has fewer features than my TMO service has was the factor that soured the deal for the Droid for me. There were a couple of other minor factors I might have overlooked - like I dont like touchscreen phones and I dont like the slider form factor, but I might have been able to overlook those just because that phone is SO cool.

However, I already think the cost of mobile service is ridiculously, criminally high, at least in the U. I went with the BlackBerry 9700, and man, this is one **** of a phone. I love it. I upgraded from a Pearl 8100, and I loved that phone, too. I am a big BlackBerry geek. I feel no shame admitting, though, that I still cast loving, longing glances at the Droid whenever I see one.
    11-21-09 01:12 PM
    Yeah I hear you. Verizon is about 40-50% more/month than Tmob for the same stuff that I get. It adds up. It's faster data and they have a bigger footprint, but you pay for it.
    11-21-09 01:38 PM
    Try K9-Mail (free) You will be very happy with email on the Droid then.
    11-21-09 02:34 PM
    the moto droid is an amazing phone, got one a few days ago, but after working with it for a bit I realized that it really does suck for email (with the exception of gmail which your almost forced to get). The droid is good for what it does, a toy... but I cannot give up my storm 2, email is my work, so I have to have it and have it working correctly.. but the droid is really nice, its my wifes, so I can play on it when I want.
    No offence bud but The BB has truncated emails? Are you serious? I have a Gmail account for my work, and any other accounts, the droid has never been more than a few minutes out from the original email. Plus I can view emails in all their working glory. I guess if the droid is a toy then the storm is a joke (I know, I used to own one) Just my 2 cents.
    11-21-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD