Title says it all.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-13-19 03:02 PM
    Title says it all.
    Ok.

Thanks for starting a new thread about it after it's been out for 4 years.
    Last edited by conite; 12-13-19 at 04:30 PM.
    12-13-19 03:37 PM
    Title says it all.
    Title is wrong. Hub runs great on Android.

I love it on my S9.
    Mecca EL and rocnrol like this.
    12-13-19 04:22 PM
    Runs perfect on my OnePlus 5T 🤔🤷🏾. Doesn't even ping the battery, and I receive all my notifications.
    12-13-19 04:32 PM
    Ok.

Thanks for starting a new thread about it after it's been out for 4 years.
    I'm missing BB10, Hub was so natural. This Android hub is nothing like it. I've only been on Android for a couple days. Sorry I started a thread to Judy say that. Judy want people to know.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-13-19 05:28 PM
    Title is wrong. Hub runs great on Android.

I love it on my S9.
    Not the same as my Q10 and classic.
    12-13-19 05:28 PM
    I agree with the OP that the Hub on Android is not nearly as effortless and efficient as the BB10 Hub.

But I don't think it sucks either. Many of its shortcomings are simply the limitations that Android imposes. The big three for me are
    1) It's not accessible via Peek from inside any app at any time.
    2) You have to reach your thumb all the way to the left bezel to swipe into the list of accounts.
    3) Because it's not fully integrated with the OS, you can't fine tune and customize notifications by account, contact, and context using custom profiles.

I really appreciate all the work BlackBerry put into the Android Hub, and I'm glad so many BlackBerry fans enjoy it, but it's not suitable for me as a daily driver.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-13-19 05:54 PM
    BlackBerry Hub for Android is an attempt to improve the Android experience, but there is only so much that can be done. It would be more accurate, therefore, to say that Android sucks turd, instead.

••
    12-13-19 06:02 PM
    BlackBerry Hub for Android is an attempt to improve the Android experience, but there is only so much that can be done. It would be more accurate, therefore, to say that Android sucks turd, instead.

••
    I concur with this, with the caveat that it is only my humble opinion and experience that Android does as you describe.

12-13-19 06:07 PM
    I partially agree.
    It was fine on my Key2, but I removed it from My S10+ due to continuous problems with receiving and sending text and emails.
    12-13-19 06:11 PM
    I partially agree.
    It was fine on my Key2, but I removed it from My S10+ due to continuous problems with receiving and sending text and emails.
    The lack of true SMS integration is a problem, as is the general lack of integration with messaging for other apps. There's no point for me to having an app like Slack appear in the Hub if I still have to open Slack to respond to a message. I'm sick and tired of being my eyeballs fought over by everyone with an app to promote.

Give me a true Hub where I can do all my work in Android, or give me BB10.

12-13-19 06:24 PM
    Not the same as my Q10 and classic.
    That's true.

It's similar, but not the same. Doesn't mean it sucks

I've made android work for me, and have no issues with the differences. I've made it work to the same level of usefulness that I had on my Z10.

I've never made use of my Z10 the way others here have, so the transition was really minimal. But, it is a different world. Just have to learn it to use it.
    12-13-19 06:41 PM
    I'm missing BB10, Hub was so natural. This Android hub is nothing like it. I've only been on Android for a couple days. Sorry I started a thread to Judy say that. Judy want people to know.
    Keep in mind that Android version intended for Android users. It wasn’t really meant to replicate BB10 experience as it was just meant to improve Android enough to attract traditional Android users.
    12-13-19 06:44 PM
    two years ago it was awesome. when they updated it earlier this year, it turned to absolute garbage.
    12-13-19 08:18 PM
    Hub is better on BB10, and that's about it. BB10 devices get crappier and crappier as time goes on and websites no longer become compatible, and android apps require newer runtimes. So you get a better Hub experience but that's pretty much where it all ends.
    12-13-19 08:30 PM
    Hub is better on BB10, and that's about it. BB10 devices get crappier and crappier as time goes on and websites no longer become compatible, and android apps require newer runtimes. So you get a better Hub experience but that's pretty much where it all ends.
    That's largely true. Though I also really like audio on the BB10 phones, and I think the file management is superior to Android. Finally, while the browser is limited, it has a fantastic Reader Mode and built in Text-to-Speech function that I prefer to any if the Android browsers I've found in Android.

But I totally agree about Android apps on BB10. I would never use them.

12-14-19 02:33 AM
    two years ago it was awesome. when they updated it earlier this year, it turned to absolute garbage.
    Unfortunately that’s Google’s fault since the changes made are beyond the control of BlackBerry since OS isn’t theirs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-19 09:36 AM
    That's largely true. Though I also really like audio on the BB10 phones, and I think the file management is superior to Android. Finally, while the browser is limited, it has a fantastic Reader Mode and built in Text-to-Speech function that I prefer to any if the Android browsers I've found in Android.

But I totally agree about Android apps on BB10. I would never use them.

I'm using the BlackBerry Apps on Android. It's alright but not the same. BlackBerry keyboard is nice. I know what the z10 and z30 feel like to type on.
    12-14-19 02:50 PM
    HUB was absolute garbage when I got the PRIV when it first came out. Could be the slow phone (and pathetic a MOTO X PLAY runs everything faster till this day than the PRIV did.
    12-29-19 01:34 PM