Hey guys, I have patiently been waiting for the Droid Bionic to come out, and I am very excited for the new device to come out. However, it seems that the HTC Thunderbolt has really been overlooked because of the dual-core processor of the Droid Bionic. I really haven't even given the HTC Thunderbolt any recognition until I came across this video. It was the first time to really see the device in action and it looks GREAT (not to mention I definitely prefer HTC Sense over any UI). I have been due for an upgrade for a while now, but I think I am sold on the HTC Thunderbolt now. It looks like an awesome device. Tell me what you guys think and give me your opinions. Are you guys waiting or are you going with the Thunderbolt? Link of the video:
    02-06-11 08:55 AM
    We have a pretty good discussion about this video going on in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/ht...-phone-582702/
    02-06-11 09:08 AM
    We have a pretty good discussion about this video going on in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/ht...-phone-582702/
    Sorry about the double thread!
    02-06-11 09:12 AM
    I did the same thing! I was all set and pumped over the Bionic. Then I slowly started reading about the Thunderbolt and I'm now getting it.

Here's some reasons why (from the thread Droid X or TB for first Android).

Coming from a BlackBerry 9630 that I've had 2 years the HTC Thunderbolt is a huge upgrade for me. I'm not coming from a Dinc or EVO or DX. This will be my first Android

It's not dual core but from what I've been reading the duel core shines for gaming. I'm not a gamer at all. I can wait 2 years to get dual core when there are new ones out.

I like the look of Sense UI over blur, the HTC seems to get updates nicely and HTCSense.com support appeals to me. I will root it but I'll never load a custom ROM. I never loaded leaked or unoffical OSs on my BlackBerry. Mainly because I don't have a PC.

Ok, and the TB is releasing before Bionic. I'm just so tired of my BlackBerry!

Check out the HTC Thunderbolt section over at Android Central! Lots of talk about it now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-08-11 at 08:45 AM.
    02-06-11 09:17 AM
    Sorry about the double thread!
    No problem come join us there
    02-06-11 09:43 AM
    I haven't read any of the comparison threads, but I will say that from personal experience with an HTC Eris, Motorola puts much better radios in their devices.

If you live or work in a weak signal area, I'd definitely go with a Moto. If signal holding ability and battery life isn't a concern (that's why extended batteries are sold, right?), then by all means get an HTC.
    02-06-11 01:13 PM
    yeah moto radios are better. One of the reasons why HTC has worse battery life indeed.
    02-06-11 01:24 PM
    good video but remeber the thnderbolt has no hdmi
    02-06-11 07:57 PM
    it has DLNA which would allow streaming to other media devices, no cables needed
    02-06-11 08:05 PM
    And it will allow talking and using data at the same time ! and using 3G as well .....
    02-07-11 11:28 PM
    I pre-ordered the thunderbolt. My decision was based on how i like Sense the most out of all android skins. I don't play games on my phones so i dont think i need a dual core to make phone calls. Also, i prefer the look of it over the Bionic.

Im sure there's someone out there who is the complete opposite of me and will make good use of the Bionic's cores. I intend to keep the phone for about a year and i am almost positive there will be one with an omap 5 2ghz by then.
    02-08-11 08:37 AM
    They're both great phones, so it's a win either way! I'm looking forward to a few years with the Thunderbolt, then a dual core HTC when the apps are ready for it.

02-08-11 08:39 AM
    I know were not talking about this phone but im getting the Atrix when it drops ....
    02-08-11 08:58 AM
    Let us know how you like it! I love comparing different phones and platforms! When is Atrix coming out?

02-08-11 09:14 AM
    Let us know how you like it! I love comparing different phones and platforms! When is Atrix coming out?

Pre-orders start Feb.13 then release March 6 or earlier , from what i have read.
    Last edited by SlimGuy78; 02-08-11 at 10:21 AM. Reason: wrong date
    02-08-11 09:44 AM
    Oh very soon then! It's fun waiting for, and following, the release of a new phone.

02-08-11 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD