Rumor: HTC Thunderbolt Delayed With No ETA; 4G Hotspot Too | Android Phone Fans

Thunderbolt supposedly delayed. VZW wanting to increase iPhone sells by "telling a story"? What do you think? Is it coming out Feb. 14th or do you think it WILL be delayed?
    02-08-11 01:53 PM
    It seems very strange that Verizon is being so maniacal with the release of this phone. I may join the camp that thinks apple has brainwashed the Verizon staff to whitewash all phone sales besides the i-phone. Or, maybe it is Verizon trying to claim #1 for i-phone sales hence the stalling on Thunderbolt advertisement.

Who knows.

I will surly go to a Verizon store on Monday to see if it is for sale.

AdamT
    02-08-11 02:14 PM
    I do blieve that they r tryin to get as many iphone sells as possiable.n my opinion-as soon as they feel,they've gottin all iphones sells they can get-then they will release the thunderbolt.The youtube video(unboxed) shows a smooth running thunderbolt!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TERRY_BUTLER; 02-08-11 at 03:23 PM.
    02-08-11 03:16 PM
    Did they ever get any more iPhones in to sell? They were "sold out" from the pre-order; have re-stocked for 2-10??? Can they produce them that fast?
    02-08-11 03:23 PM
    im sure there was only a set number for preorder. they have 10x as much ready to go for launch day i bet
    02-08-11 04:43 PM
    It may not be a bad idea to delay the TB. It would stand a better chance of being notice once the iphone hype dies down a little.

02-08-11 06:17 PM
    It may not be a bad idea to delay the TB. It would stand a better chance of being notice once the iphone hype dies down a little.

Well and on a more selfish note, it'll probably be easier for people who want the Thunderbolt to get one because so many people were freaking out about the iPhone that they got it instead of waiting another week or so for a much better phone.
    02-09-11 07:35 AM
    Yeah, i just read an article on how VZ does not want people who bought iphones to have buyer's remorse thus returning the phone when seeing all the features the tbolt offers.
    02-09-11 08:28 AM
    I'm not interested in it anyway. I just switched from an EVO so if I wanted the Thunderbolt, I would have kept the EVO. I am looking forward to some of the other devices coming out later this year.
    02-09-11 12:32 PM
    those who know anything about the thunderbolt know it's a much better phone vs what the EVO has to offer. insinuating the EVO is on the same level as the Thunderbolt is an uneducated incorrect statement.

i'm in agreement that if vzw is indeed delaying the TB it likely has to do with avoiding iphone returns. if i were newer to smartphones and bought an iphone because of the hype, then turned around and saw a phone like the thunderbolt coming soon after i'd be running back to vzw to exchange it too.
    02-09-11 12:53 PM
    those who know anything about the thunderbolt know it's a much better phone vs what the EVO has to offer. insinuating the EVO is on the same level as the Thunderbolt is an uneducated incorrect statement.

i'm in agreement that if vzw is indeed delaying the TB it likely has to do with avoiding iphone returns. if i were newer to smartphones and bought an iphone because of the hype, then turned around and saw a phone like the thunderbolt coming soon after i'd be running back to vzw to exchange it too.
    True statement. The Thunderbolt clearly is more than just a look alike evo. Better and newer snapdragon chip for battery life, 8MP Cam is better, and i think the thunderbolt has more internal storage/ RAM??? correct me if im wrong
    02-09-11 01:05 PM

Please list some of the differences between the 2 that general consumers can identify?

You can't make a statement like that and not explain why the 2 aren't almost the same phone.

From everything I read there are very small differences between the 2. It may be a good device for Verizon users but definitely not anything an EVO user needs to get excited about UNLESS they want to switch carriers and they want a similar phone. I hope it would be better since the EVO was out since last June. The Thunderbolt has slightly more RAM, both have 1GHZ snapdragons, same display, Thunderbolt has more onboard storage (thank god... I'm tired of companies releasing 2GB of onboard storage), reports are saying the Thunderbolt has a smaller battery, Same cameras. So all in all, not huge differences..... basically the same phone. Kinda like going from the iPhone 3G to 3GS. Basically the same phone with some hardware internal improvements on the later. Nothing to get excited about.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-09-11 at 02:29 PM.
    02-09-11 02:22 PM
    Please list some of the differences between the 2 that general consumers can identify?

You can't make a statement like that and not explain why the 2 aren't almost the same phone.

From everything I read there are very small differences between the 2. It may be a good device for Verizon users but definitely not anything an EVO user needs to get excited about UNLESS they want to switch carriers and they want a similar phone. I hope it would be better since the EVO was out since last June. The Thunderbolt has slightly more RAM, both have 1GHZ snapdragons, same display, Thunderbolt has more onboard storage (thank god... I'm tired of companies releasing 2GB of onboard storage), reports are saying the Thunderbolt has a smaller battery, Same cameras. So all in all, not huge differences..... basically the same phone. Kinda like going from the iPhone 3G to 3GS. Basically the same phone with some hardware internal improvements on the later. Nothing to get excited about.
    This is true also (jesus so many true responds today lolz) this is one of the reasons why i passed on all the phones announced at CES. BTW i just tweeted your sig cause its soo true
    02-09-11 02:36 PM

lol. pretty much everything you've said above is wrong.

...as for those thinking the TB is just verizon's version of the EVO, they couldn't be more wrong. TB has the following vs the EVO...
    -2nd gen snapdragon with greatly improved graphics performance
    -more ram 768 vs 512
    -super lcd display
    -LTE and capability for voice/data over 3g
    -new and improved 8mp camera (not the same one in the evo or incredible)
    -dual noise canceling mics
    -comes with 32gb sd card
    -new version of HTC sense (best stock android skin hands down)
    -better battery life (to be determined)
    -improved kickstand design
    -nicer exterior build
    so, it's not "basically the same phone".
    02-09-11 03:11 PM
    lol. pretty much everything you've said above is wrong.

...as for those thinking the TB is just verizon's version of the EVO, they couldn't be more wrong. TB has the following vs the EVO...
    -2nd gen snapdragon with greatly improved graphics performance
    -more ram 768 vs 512
    -super lcd display
    -LTE and capability for voice/data over 3g
    -new and improved 8mp camera (not the same one in the evo or incredible)
    -dual noise canceling mics
    -comes with 32gb sd card
    -new version of HTC sense (best stock android skin hands down)
    -better battery life (to be determined)
    -improved kickstand design
    -nicer exterior build

so, it's not "basically the same phone".
    I said more RAM and again general users do not know or care about 1st or second gen processors. Still 8MP camera. General users again don't know and won't care. I know it comes with 32GB card but that's an accessory not the phone. EVO will get the new HTC Sense too. Smaller battery but hopefully the new processor will help batter nice. And come on now, improved kickstand design? Stop it. Nicer exterier build is subjective. It's basically the same phone with SMALL improvements just like I said. Nothing to get worked up about unless someone was itching for a new HTC Android device. Period.
    02-09-11 03:34 PM
    True statement. The Thunderbolt clearly is more than just a look alike evo. Better and newer snapdragon chip for battery life, 8MP Cam is better, and i think the thunderbolt has more internal storage/ RAM??? correct me if im wrong
    Yeah the real different makers aren't coming out for a few months. Everything out right now is just a rehash of previous devices until the heavy hitters come.
    02-09-11 03:35 PM
    I said more RAM and again general users do not know or care about 1st or second gen processors. Still 8MP camera. General users again don't know and won't care. I know it comes with 32GB card but that's an accessory not the phone. EVO will get the new HTC Sense too. Smaller battery but hopefully the new processor will help batter nice. And come on now, improved kickstand design? Stop it. Nicer exterier build is subjective. It's basically the same phone with SMALL improvements just like I said. Nothing to get worked up about unless someone was itching for a new HTC Android device. Period.
    General users will be able to tell the difference in performance between the two phones because of the processor. Especially with anything graphic or processor intensive. They'll also be able to tell the difference between the screens. The picture and video recording quality is rumored to be noticeably better since it is a different camera altogether. Being able to do voice and data over 3g is a big difference. How did the kickstand on your EVO hold up in portrait orientation? More RAM will be noticeable to any user who got memory errors after loading up apps...

But I digress. The limited few who have had hands on have said the TB isn't just a small improvement over the EVO, but rather a significant improvement. If it makes you feel better to say otherwise for arguments sake, that's ok though.
    02-09-11 05:00 PM
    The network that each phone is on makes a big difference as well, depending on your coverage.

02-09-11 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD