01-17-10 10:27 PM
    OK.........
    01-17-10 10:44 PM
    OK.........
    Quality contribution as always! Good job, John!!!
    01-17-10 10:45 PM
    U two are funny...........
    I knew Sprint would eventually be getting something. Like I said HTC spreads the love
    01-17-10 10:58 PM
    U two are funny...........
    I knew Sprint would eventually be getting something. Like I said HTC spreads the love
    This is the WiMax device that they were talking about last week, by HTC. This 4G phone won't make it to any other carrier.
    01-17-10 11:00 PM
    This is the WiMax device that they were talking about last week, by HTC. This 4G phone won't make it to any other carrier.
    Thats right 4g; well it will be nice to see how 4g runs on a pda.
    Should fly............
    01-17-10 11:05 PM
    If it were a BB 4G would just cause the hourglass to spin faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 11:10 PM
    Quality contribution as always! Good job, John!!!
    I smell sarcasms! Good job, Semantics!!!
    01-17-10 11:33 PM
    If it were a BB 4G would just cause the hourglass to spin faster.

I got a laugh out of that one....
    01-17-10 11:34 PM
    I smell sarcasms! Good job, Semantics!!!
    Well, I didn't get the whole OK...... thing honestly. Its already been announced that Sprint will be introducing the first 4G handset this year, and its going to be made by HTC and feature Android. The whole Snapdragon, 4.3" screen, and the rest of the goodies are just a bonus.
    01-17-10 11:44 PM
    That's good news, I have a friend with a Pre I'm trying to get on Android and this will be just the thing to do it
    01-17-10 11:52 PM
    Well, I didn't get the whole OK...... thing honestly. Its already been announced that Sprint will be introducing the first 4G handset this year, and its going to be made by HTC and feature Android. The whole Snapdragon, 4.3" screen, and the rest of the goodies are just a bonus.
    For once the OK....... Was genuine. I am glad someone is getting 4G android....sounds sweet. Thanks for posting the link
    01-18-10 12:28 AM
    Just a quick question,

Does anyone know if clear's/sprint's WiMax is using the 802.16 standard or the 802.16m standard? that's a beastly phone right there but I could see it being blown away real soon if its on the former. If its the later then I give it votes for smartphone of the year
    01-18-10 08:26 AM
    Just a quick question,

Does anyone know if clear's/sprint's WiMax is using the 802.16 standard or the 802.16m standard? that's a beastly phone right there but I could see it being blown away real soon if its on the former. If its the later then I give it votes for smartphone of the year
    802.16m is the standard.
    01-18-10 11:46 AM
    I think I just threw some wood.

No is it going to be 3G/4G or only 4G and only available in the 33 4G markets?

Oh and can we get rid of the kickstand and replace the HTC trackball with an optical trackpad or better yet a touch sensitive case.

SCHWING
    01-18-10 12:46 PM
    by the time it comes out ill be able to upgrade soon hopefully
    01-18-10 12:53 PM
    by the time it comes out ill be able to upgrade soon hopefully
    That's the problem; we have to wait until it comes out. Who knows when that will be. Sprint seems to need this device yesterday. I'm still waiting the announcement on the LG Android device that they were supposed to announce early this month. I have a feeling that by the time these devices hit retailers, there will be a dozen devices just like it on every other carrier. The HD2 hasn't even hit the states yet. What's taking so long?

01-18-10 01:12 PM
    What can you do with Sprint's 4G that you can't do with Verizon's 3G? Don't just say faster because I think the Droid is plenty fast.
    01-18-10 01:58 PM
    The sprint wimax data cards are a lot faster than verizon 3g.
    01-18-10 02:04 PM
    What can you do with Sprint's 4G that you can't do with Verizon's 3G? Don't just say faster because I think the Droid is plenty fast.
    what other answer are you looking for? these network upgrades are all about speed.
    01-18-10 02:11 PM
    That's the problem; we have to wait until it comes out. Who knows when that will be. Sprint seems to need this device yesterday. I'm still waiting the announcement on the LG Android device that they were supposed to announce early this month. I have a feeling that by the time these devices hit retailers, there will be a dozen devices just like it on every other carrier. The HD2 hasn't even hit the states yet. What's taking so long?

i dont care if it comes out in nov 4g . the only carrier that has 4g out is Sprint it will be a while till verizon catches up.
    01-18-10 02:48 PM
    i dont care if it comes out in nov 4g . the only carrier that has 4g out is Sprint it will be a while till verizon catches up.
    As far as network; no. Devices yes for sure....................
    01-18-10 05:58 PM
    As far as network; no. Devices yes for sure....................
    This was written last month, and as has been stated, LTE is not close to deployment, its never even been tested, it is still Vaporware at this point.

"Regardless of the operator timelines for LTE deployment, there are several pending issues plaguing LTE, including lack of support for voice and SMS, incremental costs for backhaul capacity to support LTE data traffic, lack of sufficient spectrum allocation (a minimum of 20MHz) and a consensus of a globally harmonised frequency band for LTE deployment," notes Frost & Sullivan ICT programme manager Luke Thomas.
    As well as

Of all the concerns over LTE deployment, the lack of support for voice and SMS over LTE should be addressed first, as these segments currently constitute nearly 85 percent of global mobile service revenues," advises Thomas. "Key participants of the mobile and wireless industry, in particular mobile operators, should band together to resolve the existing fragmentation of voice and SMS delivery over LTE, so that it benefits all the stakeholders involved."

The study adds that the lack of consensus could be a hurdle to the large-scale roll out of LTE, thereby allowing alternative technologies such as Mobile WiMAX to take advantage of the situation.
    Take the 2010 AT&T and VZW LTE rollout beginning in 2010 with a grain of salt, they are still have quite a few hurdles to get over.

Operators hesitant to deploy service-limited LTE - Telecoms - News & Features - ITP.net
    01-18-10 06:41 PM
    Not vaporware Semantics, please read....
    Verizon tests first data connections on LTE network in Seattle and Boston -- Engadget
    Verizon has more costumers that ANYONE. Fin. They will not let network speed be an obstacle....can you hear me now???
    That article is April 2009. Do you need current articles??? YES~!
    01-18-10 11:29 PM
    Here you go, strait from big red eh?
    LTE Information Center
    Way more aggressive than any other carrier...he he
    01-18-10 11:33 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD