04-24-10 08:42 AM
    If the Incredible has poor battery life, I hate to think how long the Evo will be lasting on one charge
    04-24-10 09:22 AM
    I'm planning on getting the extended battery when it hits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 09:35 AM
    If the Incredible has poor battery life, I hate to think how long the Evo will be lasting on one charge
    The EVO will ship with a 1500 mah battery while the Incredible will ship with a 1300 mah. But considering its screen size and features, we'll have to wait and see. I think it'll certainly be better than the HD2's since the screen sizes are alike but the HD2's battery is smaller.
    04-24-10 10:00 AM

Me too. Extended battery + a device to ensure my OEM battery is fully-charged . . . we'll be fine. These aren't iPhones, after all.
    04-24-10 12:39 PM
    Me too. Extended battery + a device to ensure my OEM battery is fully-charged . . . we'll be fine. These aren't iPhones, after all.
    I don't think the battery life will be much better than the iPhone's but if you're gonna be a heavy user, a charger should be sufficient unless you want an extra battery.
    04-24-10 01:11 PM
    I don't think the battery life will be much better than the iPhone's but if you're gonna be a heavy user, a charger should be sufficient unless you want an extra battery.
    True! I prefer to do a quick battery swap rather than have the device plugged-in to something, though.
    04-24-10 01:14 PM

seidio should have a slim extended battery out quickly. they also make a charger that will charge a spare battery and your phone at the same time. probably have that one for the inc soon too.

tbh i'm not really concerned about battery life that much. i'm sure there will be ways to maximize it without castrating the device.

for instance, on my droid i've found that leaving wifi on whenever i'm near a wifi connection (which is at least 80% of the time for me) dramatically improves battery life. for the apps i run it probably causes 3g to draw more power because it takes longer to sync, were wifi is quicker and keeps the connection open shorter. i've also noticed on my droid that it seems the 3g signal is way down when i have wifi on, almost like the phone reduces the 3g signal strength by default when wifi is available. then again i'm running a custom rom so mmv with the stock os.
    04-24-10 01:52 PM
    Remember the EVO will in certain markets will be running on 4G which is suppose to be lower power consumption.
    04-24-10 03:50 PM
    Remember the EVO will in certain markets will be running on 4G which is suppose to be lower power consumption.
    I really hope they get Los Angeles online soon so I can test that theory out
    04-24-10 04:02 PM
    mmmm, I can't wait for the Incredible.
    04-24-10 05:03 PM
    The Incredible is going to be just that...Incredible. People are already trying to nit pick this thing to death. Sorry folks, blast it all you want, this phone is going to rock the house and you can take that to the bank. Yeah, so what if the battery is kind of weak, which smartphone isn't weak with a battery? Please don't respond with the Curve or Tour/Storm has a better battery. It's comparing apples with oranges. The new droid is doing very very well on almost all reviews. Ignore the naysayers because they no not what they speak of.
    04-24-10 06:51 PM
    The Incredible is going to be just that...Incredible. People are already trying to nit pick this thing to death. Sorry folks, blast it all you want, this phone is going to rock the house and you can take that to the bank. Yeah, so what if the battery is kind of weak, which smartphone isn't weak with a battery? Please don't respond with the Curve or Tour/Storm has a better battery. It's comparing apples with oranges. The new droid is doing very very well on almost all reviews. Ignore the naysayers because they no not what they speak of.
    So, you sound as if you know all the in's and outs...take you have played with one and we should ignore the naysayers and listen to you, correct?

As I tell everyone...go out and test one yourself when it comes out of course....I never get a phone without test driving it for awhile first...

04-24-10 07:26 PM
    So, you sound as if you know all the in's and outs...take you have played with one and we should ignore the naysayers and listen to you, correct?

As I tell everyone...go out and test one yourself when it comes out of course....I never get a phone without test driving it for awhile first...

It goes both ways, Bold.

Naysayers, who themselves have not yet tested the device, have tried to knock the Inc down several pegs -- have read it time & again on other Android-specific forums.

You have to admit, though, that reviews by those who do have hands-on time have been quite favorable.

Personally, I feel optimistic that the phone will kick arse.
    04-24-10 07:37 PM
    Anyone know if the slim extended battery will fit without putting a new battery cover on?

04-24-10 08:18 PM
    Anyone know if the slim extended battery will fit without putting a new battery cover on?

dunno. anytime i purchased an extended battery for my Palm devices, i did NOT need a new battery cover. i would think manufacturers take convenience into consideration.

do you see some on sale somewhere already? if so, links please?
    04-24-10 08:21 PM
    I think the Incredible is a good phone but I don't really like its build quality. It does seem kind of cheap compared to other phones like the Droid and Nexus. Other than that it seems like a great device.

04-24-10 08:23 PM
    I think the Incredible is a good phone but I don't really like its build quality. It does seem kind of cheap compared to other phones like the Droid and Nexus. Other than that it seems like a great device.

i would take any comments about build quality with a boulder of salt until the phone has been put through its paces for a while. i think people are making those comments because the outer case of the incredible uses no metal, it's light and has compact dimensions. that doesn't mean it won't be well constructed or durable. lots of people end up putting a case on their smart phone anyway which will likely suit the incredible well.

also, it's not like the phone has moving parts. like with the pre, it doesn't use 'premium materials' either, but because it's also a slider that highlights the issue even more because you get twisting of the frame at times.

none of that takes away from the common perception of the incredible that features and performance wise, it's a home run.
    04-24-10 09:10 PM

Build quality compared to the Motorola is no brainer....that thing is a tank. As for the Nexus, I don't know enough about it to comment. The Incredible, will get mixed reviews about build materials as all phones do. The bottom line from almost every review is that the Incredible is better then the Motorola and Nexus.
    04-24-10 09:12 PM
    Build quality compared to the Motorola is no brainer....that thing is a tank. As for the Nexus, I don't know enough about it to comment. The Incredible, will get mixed reviews about build materials as all phones do. The bottom line from almost every review is that the Incredible is better then the Motorola and Nexus.
    I wouldn't say better. Just as good? Yes. I used the Incredible for close to an hour and it was just as fast as my Droid running at 1GHz. Didn't notice any difference in speed or screen transitions. I think the Incredible is supposed to be a replacement for the Eris, not so much meant to compete against the Droid. It's still a good phone though but I prefer the Droid.
    04-24-10 09:46 PM
    I wouldn't say better. Just as good? Yes. I used the Incredible for close to an hour and it was just as fast as my Droid running at 1GHz. Didn't notice any difference in speed or screen transitions. I think the Incredible is supposed to be a replacement for the Eris, not so much meant to compete against the Droid. It's still a good phone though but I prefer the Droid.
    Thats cool and I respect your opinion but when you have review after review that says that the Incredible is the best Android out there on any carrier, that says something about it. You don't have to agree with it but the reviews are pretty consistant about why the new HTC is better. I love the Motorola Droid but in my humble opinion, knowing what my friends have told me about the new phone, it is a bit better in almost every aspect. The faster 8 meg camera alone makes it better and the picture quality by most accounts is better on the new HTC. Anyways, the Motorola is one nice piece of hardware that many would die for. I have an upgrade coming and I wanted to use it.

Take care.
    04-25-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD