slash hoping? me too. I'm going to get the Droid probably this weekend and hope that they announce the passion sometime early december which will allow me to take it back before my 30 day. If it does come out, I can't see them coming out with it passed the Dec 19th. If it goes passed that date then it won't happen (if it does) until January. Droid came out October 19th, so most people will be passed their 30 days around the end of November. if wee see announcements, expect them early December.
    The Droid came out on Nov. 6th.

So a mid-December launch for the Passion still is beyond the 30 day return period.
    11-13-09 02:05 PM
    The Droid came out Nov. 6th. I could see the Passion coming out Black Friday along with the Curve 2.

TheBigNewt sparked something. Think of the Passion (Droid), Curv2 (Eris). It will be the Droid/Eris all over again, with Passion getting all the attention.
    I hope you are right.
    11-13-09 02:06 PM
    I hope you are right.
    Me too! I believe the Passion is the phone I want.

I am going to get the Droid for now though.
    11-13-09 02:08 PM
    Oh yeah it was the 6th! Guess the 19th is when I got obsessed. :-)
    11-13-09 04:04 PM
    Doesn't matter when it come out to me. My early upgrade is in Feb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 04:50 PM
    i hope the passion release date is given soon (if it comes out for vzw). i got the droid on launch and i love it, but the physical keyboard is fairly useless sometimes. I end up just using the virtual. since the multi-touch (even tho it's possible) isn't implemented, it makes typing a pain since i can't rapidly hit one after the other.

overall i love the droid tho but a bigger screen on the passion is pretty sweet. plus the camera is really slow (makes me recall when i got the storm a year ago). plus pinch to zoom would be nice since the eris has it, i'm sure the passion would too.
    11-13-09 06:21 PM
    i hope the passion release date is given soon (if it comes out for vzw). i got the droid on launch and i love it, but the physical keyboard is fairly useless sometimes. I end up just using the virtual. since the multi-touch (even tho it's possible) isn't implemented, it makes typing a pain since i can't rapidly hit one after the other.

overall i love the droid tho but a bigger screen on the passion is pretty sweet. plus the camera is really slow (makes me recall when i got the storm a year ago). plus pinch to zoom would be nice since the eris has it, i'm sure the passion would too.
    The keyboard, camera and maybe even pinch zoom could be addressed in the coming software updates.
    11-13-09 10:35 PM
    The htc hd2 was just released in Europe.
    This is a WinMo phone with 6.5.
    This phone is the one rumored to be coming to AT&T.
    The possible Android version (passion) is rumored to come
    to Verizon. Currently htc is denying the android version.
    11-13-09 11:43 PM
    Ok, so if I'm reading this right, the Passion is the Android version of the HD2 correct? If so, then I will probably be waiting on that instead of getting the Droid. I just saw a small video preview of the HD2 on Tekzilla and whoa that thing looks sick!!! Huge gorgeous screen and the device is so thin!!!!!!! I will more than likely be waiting around for this thing seeing as my Verizon NE2 is in June!
    11-14-09 03:14 AM
    The htc hd2 was just released in Europe.
    This is a WinMo phone with 6.5.
    This phone is the one rumored to be coming to AT&T.
    The possible Android version (passion) is rumored to come
    to Verizon. Currently htc is denying the android version.
    If it's the HD2, the way it is right now on Winmo, then I'm all over it. I think that is their best design yet. I prefer that one over the supposed leaked image one. Please please let it be the HD2!
    11-14-09 03:15 AM
    unless the HTC CEO just outright lied, there won't be a android version of the HD2 since he claimed they needed to watch WinMo's back. Not to say there won't be a hardware revision or something though with android.
    11-14-09 07:28 AM
    question for those in the know about hardware comparisons: since the Droid is running a couple of processors and the Passion is rumored to be running a 1G mhz processor but possibly dialed back to save battery life, will it be faster than the Droid? I would think not but I am not an expert..
    I am thinking about going Android and still thinking Passion might be the one for me but I do want to make a switch to the faster and strongest running phone.
    11-14-09 07:41 AM
    question for those in the know about hardware comparisons: since the Droid is running a couple of processors and the Passion is rumored to be running a 1G mhz processor but possibly dialed back to save battery life, will it be faster than the Droid? I would think not but I am not an expert..
    I am thinking about going Android and still thinking Passion might be the one for me but I do want to make a switch to the faster and strongest running phone.
    It will depend on the actual specs. The snapdragon could be underclocked to 700mhz and from what i've heard, the passion will have one processor to deal with everything. Where as the droid has a seperate gpu and cpu. So they could be very similar in speed, however I doubt either will be significantly 'better' than the other. Just wait until more details surface and then decide.
    11-14-09 11:39 AM
    You could look at the glass half full as to when he said I have to take care of windows mobile what he meant was I have to talk to them and take care of any situations that could arise so that we can bring the hd2 to android. Everyone looks at it like he has to take care of them and promote them. Maybe just maybe a slick CEO had an underline message stating he has to take care of them such as letting them know of his intentions to bring it to android in America lol.

11-14-09 02:22 PM
    You could look at the glass half full as to when he said I have to take care of windows mobile what he meant was I have to talk to them and take care of any situations that could arise so that we can bring the hd2 to android. Everyone looks at it like he has to take care of them and promote them. Maybe just maybe a slick CEO had an underline message stating he has to take care of them such as letting them know of his intentions to bring it to android in America lol.

Did you ever find out more info. from your "source" about any high powered Android devices coming to Verizon, or has that well dried up?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/to...d-eris-357554/
    11-14-09 02:30 PM
    The keyboard, camera and maybe even pinch zoom could be addressed in the coming software updates.
    yeah of course it could be addressed, but that patch is supposed to come out december 11th (more than 30 days from when i got the phone) so i won't be holding on to it for that to happen.
    11-14-09 05:48 PM
    I spoke to a couple of Reps and one said that big releases come around the holidays; and then again in May or June........
    Why would they overshadow their hot new device now releasing it during the holidays with the moto droid and the eris. Also there is the Samsung O2 that has yet to be released...............
    Now if Samsung came up with a big screen droid man
    11-14-09 07:36 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD