Has anybody really looked into this phone? It claims to be coming with Android 2.0 and it doesn't have the physical keyboard. I'm kinda undecided here since I do want the Droid and will order it soon but this phone is keeping me from making that final decision since nothing of it has been officially released but was wondering if anybody else on this site is in the same boat as me?

What would you guys do in this situation? Order the Droid and forget the Passion or look more into it by waiting an extra month? And please none of the that would I rather have I'm asking what YOU would do. Thanks for any info.
    11-07-09 12:37 PM
    I'm waiting for the Passion or the HD2. For some reason I feel its coming to Verizon with Android. HTC is going to realize how much profit they will make of they release that phone with Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 12:40 PM
    honestly I would get the Droid, I have the Droid and just the fact that I have the physical keyboard as an option sold me. I use the screen for quick simple messages but with a lengthy test or email its great to slide out that keyboard and type that way.....there is my two cents
    11-08-09 06:34 AM
    I was burned by Motorola once regarding the physical quality of their phones. So that is turning me off to the Droid. I've yet to see anything that indicates the build quality is sub par, but with the sliding physical keyboard, there is just so much that could mechanically go wrong.

That said, HTC has come out of nowhere and become one of the best device manufacturers out there. Right now they are reserving their premiere devices for WinMo, but that is beginning to change. Android + HTC high end phone = nirvana.

11-08-09 07:03 AM
    Myself, I'm resisting any temptation of the Droid (except for maybe playing with one in the store) and holding out for the Passion. I think many of the people who jumped on the "Droid Band Wagon" are going to wish they wouldn't have by the time the end of the year rolls around and they see what else is out by then. Plus, now that the Droid is out, we are starting to see many of the shortcomings of it in the reviews. I know many of these will be improved with upcoming updates but I still believe the Passion is going to be a much better phone.
    11-08-09 07:10 AM
    Has anybody really looked into this phone? It claims to be coming with Android 2.0 and it doesn't have the physical keyboard. I'm kinda undecided here since I do want the Droid and will order it soon but this phone is keeping me from making that final decision since nothing of it has been officially released but was wondering if anybody else on this site is in the same boat as me?

What would you guys do in this situation? Order the Droid and forget the Passion or look more into it by waiting an extra month? And please none of the that would I rather have I'm asking what YOU would do. Thanks for any info.
    Passion is still rumored but I believe it's coming Black Friday or soon thereafter. The screen size is 4.3" with 1 gig processor and 480 x 800 resolution. The only thing it doesn't have is GSM. I believe it's the same as the HD2, but with Android 2.0 or 2.1 instead of WinMo 6.5. It's thinner than the iPhone and only 1/4" inch longer and 1/4" wider than the iPhone. The virtual keyboard should be great. I'm waiting for it because my annual upgrade is early December. I wouldn't order anything now because of the restocking fee and the DROID has some issues to get used to. I had trouble with typing on the virtual keyboard and it was probably because I've used the S1 for almost a year.
    11-08-09 11:01 AM
    HTC has stated that there will be no CDMA of the HD2.
    11-08-09 12:13 PM
    Passion is still rumored but I believe it's coming Black Friday or soon thereafter. The screen size is 4.3" with 1 gig processor and 480 x 800 resolution. The only thing it doesn't have is GSM. I believe it's the same as the HD2, but with Android 2.0 or 2.1 instead of WinMo 6.5. It's thinner than the iPhone and only 1/4" inch longer and 1/4" wider than the iPhone. The virtual keyboard should be great. I'm waiting for it because my annual upgrade is early December. I wouldn't order anything now because of the restocking fee and the DROID has some issues to get used to. I had trouble with typing on the virtual keyboard and it was probably because I've used the S1 for almost a year.
    I heard the res was 800 x 600.

11-08-09 01:12 PM
    BINGO!!! Yiu got it. The one thing the droid did was make me lookk more closely at the android OS, which the G1 didn't do and neither did the palm Pre. But i love the fit, feel, weight of my storm. The storm was my first virtual ketboard i ever owned, and now i love the keyboard. I think the keyboard will be fine on the Droid, but I'll tale sleekness over slide out, just my preference. But look at the stats on the Passion..WOW!! If the Passion theres a good chance i would go with the Droid in the future.
    11-08-09 03:15 PM
    What's with the lack of information (leaked) out there? There was plenty of info out there on the Droid a month beforehand (even a preview by BGR). On the Passion we've got nothing. Why?
    11-08-09 04:07 PM
    The HTC Passion is listed here:

Upcoming Verizon phones (Phone Arena)

No release date set forth as of yet though...
    11-08-09 04:15 PM
    Ugly. Looks like a typical htc or android phone. And I wouldn't get my hope s up maybe next summer

11-08-09 04:27 PM
    I am not sure if we will have to wait till next summer.

I spoke with someone with Verizon and she said that she has definitely heard of the phone internally, but they have not started training on it yet.

I am starting to think that black friday is a long shot. But we will see...
    11-08-09 04:51 PM
    No training... We'll see they said the same thing a week before the storm 2 was released.
    11-08-09 04:56 PM
    Just got some word that more than likely the curve is coming out black Friday. I'm pissed. I want the passion so bad. Just played with the droid from the same guy that gave me the info and its nice. So hard to wait for a phone that might not come out for a few months. I don't wanna blow my upgrade to soon ya know. Guess I'm rockin the s1 for a little longer.

11-09-09 07:04 PM
    Just got some word that more than likely the curve is coming out black Friday. I'm pissed. I want the passion so bad. Just played with the droid from the same guy that gave me the info and its nice. So hard to wait for a phone that might not come out for a few months. I don't wanna blow my upgrade to soon ya know. Guess I'm rockin the s1 for a little longer.

The curve is coming out Nov. 20. Verizon announced it last week.

11-09-09 07:10 PM
    Looking at the pic....what's the circle at the bottom of the phone? Mic? Hopefully not a trackball.

11-09-09 08:01 PM
    I don't know. VZ is putting a ton of money into the advertisement of the droid. If the passion is going to be released soon I would think they would advertise it more. Considering the specs are better with the same OS.

Who knows I hope a release date is is announced soon, if it's coming soon, before I buy a droid.
    11-09-09 08:25 PM
    I don't know. VZ is putting a ton of money into the advertisement of the droid. If the passion is going to be released soon I would think they would advertise it more. Considering the specs are better with the same OS.

Who knows I hope a release date is is announced soon, if it's coming soon, before I buy a droid.
    actually, they are advertising the "Droid" which the Moto Droid is the first. They could as easily have a new commercial that says, "Droid Passion" adding a heart to your droid.

That's now copywritten Verizon!
    11-09-09 08:28 PM
    I'll be looking at this. The MotoDroid is too big and heavy. I don't want the physical keyboard, it's useless imo. This should be a good phone idea, esp if the processor is that fast.
    11-09-09 10:08 PM
    Looking at the pic....what's the circle at the bottom of the phone? Mic? Hopefully not a trackball.

Yes, it is a trackball, just like on the Eris.
    11-09-09 10:14 PM
    Yes, it is a trackball, just like on the Eris.
    If it's got that big as$ screen on it....why have a trackball? Thanks mckinzie.

11-09-09 10:42 PM
    It's actually pretty handy. I find myself using the trackball on my eris more than I thought i would have

11-09-09 11:01 PM
    If it's got that big as$ screen on it....why have a trackball? Thanks mckinzie.

It's still good to have, especially handy when trying to select a small link on a webpage, especially when you have a whole list of links like the CB forum where all the device forum links are in a list.

The trackball or a d-pad makes it easy.

11-09-09 11:08 PM
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.

11-09-09 11:18 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD