I'm due for an upgrade on AT&T next month, and I've been checking out the HTC Inspire. (I'm coming from a Blackberry Curve 8900.) What are your opinions on the Inspire? Is it a good phone? What problems have you had with it? If not the Inspire, are there some other Android phones you'd recommend?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 09:50 AM
    I switch between a blackberry and Inspire and can tell you that after trying the Incredible and Atrix, the Inspire in my opinion is the most user friendly of the droids that I have tried.

I know a lot of people may not agree with that, and quite simply everyone has things they like or dislike about any specific device.

I found the Inspire the easiest to set up, has a good screen, although not the best. The battery life is not too bad, but could be better. Like most android powered devices they battery life seems to be the biggest issue.

I say give it a try, if you don't like it, you can always return it. I would also suggest that you try other android devices just to be fair and see if you prefer one over another.
    06-13-11 10:08 AM
    The Inspire is a great device. One of the best Android phones on At&t. And coming from a Curve, it should be a big and exciting change.
    06-13-11 10:12 AM
    I don't have the inspire but my sister and friend do and they both like it. My sister had the touch pro 2 and friend had the iPhone 4. They both say battery could be better but its not horrible. I think you will love the inspire coming from the 8900.
    06-13-11 12:52 PM
    Coming from an Evo and 2 times with a G2, I really enjoy the Inspire almost as much as my Evo. The two biggest improvements with the Inspire from the Evo is the HD camera and improved battery life.
    06-13-11 07:34 PM
    The metal construction of the Inspire is awesome, arguably the best out there (besides the battery door) but the battery is lacking. If you don't mind that compromise then its a great choice.
    06-16-11 05:36 PM
    get the atrix: its durable, fast, light, great at everything. The Inspire is great for custom roms, modding, everything but battery life is terrible.
    06-18-11 03:56 AM
    I kind of agree about the atrix.. the inspire is a pretty good device, but it has had a lot of problems, including the weak battery, defective battery door cover, data connection problems, etc. The atrix is far from perfect, but it's quite reliable, has a huge battery, and it has more features (dual core, front camera, biometric security, etc) That being said, the Infuse is also pretty solid, and similar to the inspire in terms of features. If youre not due for another month, I would try to hang on a little longer for the galaxy s II.. I think its gonna be called the attain on at&t.. Anyway it's gonna blow everything else away & its worth waiting for.
    06-18-11 12:49 PM
    I kind of agree about the atrix.. the inspire is a pretty good device, but it has had a lot of problems, including the weak battery, defective battery door cover, data connection problems, etc. The atrix is far from perfect, but it's quite reliable, has a huge battery, and it has more features (dual core, front camera, biometric security, etc) That being said, the Infuse is also pretty solid, and similar to the inspire in terms of features. If youre not due for another month, I would try to hang on a little longer for the galaxy s II.. I think its gonna be called the attain on at&t.. Anyway it's gonna blow everything else away & its worth waiting for.
    I've had no problems with any of these issues with my Inspire. There are plenty of faulty devices out there. My other half had a dead device right out of the box (bad SIM reader). It does happen in all products, some more than others (can we mention the Storm). The Matrix is nice, but the Tegra 2 hasn't proven itself yet. And let's not even talk about motoblur. The Atrix is a great concept in progress. Hopefully Moto will release an Atrix 2 that is better than the current device.
    06-18-11 02:29 PM
    I've had no problems with any of these issues with my Inspire. There are plenty of faulty devices out there. My other half had a dead device right out of the box (bad SIM reader). It does happen in all products, some more than others (can we mention the Storm). The Matrix is nice, but the Tegra 2 hasn't proven itself yet. And let's not even talk about motoblur. The Atrix is a great concept in progress. Hopefully Moto will release an Atrix 2 that is better than the current device.
    Agreed about motoblur, & so far I'm very pleased with the tegra 2. I was offered the phone through work, and it's the only hspa+ dual core 1 gb phone for at&t at the moment so I was happy to take it. With a quick root & a few hacks it's a powerful device. I will, however be switching to the GSII as soon as it's released next month. Still carry my torch most of the time but I think its mainly a fear of the unknown (being berryless).

Sent from my 4G mobile on the network with more backhaul.. & no 4G
    06-18-11 02:43 PM
    Depends what you want/need from your device.

I have the Inspire 4G and Atrix 4G (plus two other Android devices) and between those two, I prefer the Atrix. I haven't used the Inspire 4G as much, but it's really starting to grow on me.

If you have the cash, go in to the AT&T store and see what you like using and which UI you find easier to use. The screen on the Atrix is a lot better than the Inspire 4G IMO.

AT&T has the Infuse 4G (by Samsung) as well and sports a 4.5 inch screen. I chose the Atrix because it has a 4 inch compared to the Inspire at 4.3 inches. I think the Atrix is the perfect size, but this is really preference and what works for you. I have used all the EVOs (yeah all ) and Inspire and the large screen isn't uncomfortable like it felt when the EVO first came out and I passed up on it and stayed with my Pre.

The Inspire (and HTC devices) has the most customization that can be done when it comes to rooting and tweaking the device. I actually never and may never root my Inspire and/or Atrix. I did however root my Nexus S 4G, but IMO, it's a developer phone and I would not be doing it any justice by not rooting it.

One thing I did notice off the bat is the battery life when in standby is much better than the Atrix, but could be because the Inspire doesn't have a sim. But with a sim, the Inspire doesn't come close. I can get 10-14 hours (usually 14 if I stay with full/good reception at all times. The battery cover issue on the Inspire is really funky and is one of the reasons why I like the Nexus S 4G (made by Samsung) over the Nexus One (HTC).

Just think about what you want in your device and you'll know if it's right for you. Test them out!

Price, Size, UI (Moto Blur which I don't mind at all, Sense UI which I don't care for and TouchWiz which I despise), Ease of use, Screen clarity.
    K Bear likes this.
    06-18-11 03:00 PM
    I would slap Launcher Pro on whatever phone I buy regardless of UI.

06-18-11 05:11 PM
    I would slap Launcher Pro on whatever phone I buy regardless of UI.

Is it really that good?
    06-18-11 06:27 PM
    Is it really that good?
    I think so... the customization is awesome.

I'm using it on both my Atrix and Nexus S. Haven't really added anything on my Inspire or Aria, but I might do the same if I start using them more.
    06-18-11 07:24 PM
    Is it really that good?
    Yes.

It's actually a lot like Sense UI. I know I'll eventually install it on my phone but I think im gonna give Sense UI a test run because it looks great. Between that and all other manufacturer UIs, it looks the best.

06-18-11 08:04 PM
    Just got my Inspire yesterday, first device on the Andriod platform. I'm really liking it so far. Debating on whether to keep or sell my i4.
    06-25-11 09:37 AM
    If you can keep both, go ahead. You can always keep the i4 as a back up or for an iPod.
    06-25-11 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD