So nobody has any release info? You all are really talking about form factor? The droid is big and ugly. We want a slimmer, lighter device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It isn't as slick an say an iphone but it is a power house under the hood. And don't think I am bashing form factors of these newer phones, because I am most likely either getting the nexus or htc incredible when they come out. I want sense ui too lol. I know I can get sense ui on the nexus no problem since the htc desire is basically the nexus but with a trackpad instead of a trackball, meaning hardware wise it matches the nexus and porting its dump onto a nexus will be very easy.
    02-22-10 12:55 AM
    So nobody has any release info? You all are really talking about form factor? The droid is big and ugly. We want a slimmer, lighter device.

Man that is harsh the droid is big and ugly I know some people who will take you up in a debate on that one, you didn't even say in my opinion lol.
    02-22-10 01:05 AM
    Either the N1 or the HTC Incredible should be better then a Storm 2 or Tour...I'm waiting still
    02-24-10 10:07 AM

Bold statement coming from someone with the ****tiest touchscreen series in the industry.

Your statement is an opinion. My statement is fact.
    02-24-10 11:38 AM
    Either the N1 or the HTC Incredible should be better then a Storm 2 or Tour...I'm waiting still
    There are already several devices on Verizon better than the Storm2 and Tour.
    02-24-10 11:39 AM
    Ya. My wife has a droid. She is very happy with it. I play with it every now and then. That's why I want a android. Works good. The only reson I don't get one is because I don't like (or need) the physical keyboard. I cary my phone in my front pocket , and the droid is just alittle to bulky in my pocket for my liking. The nexus one and incredible look much thinner. And since I don't want a physical keyboard,it just is not for me.

Actually the specs say that similar phones without the physical keyboard aren't any thinner than the Droid, but they weigh 1.5 oz. less. It's probably because the battery is in the part with the physical keyboard on the Droid and eliminating the keyboard means that the battery has to go in the remaining screen housing. Thus, the device isn't any thinner than the Droid. I never use the Droid keyboard, the touchscreen one rocks.
    02-24-10 12:16 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-in...ventory-system

Hopefully this gives some hope. I'm wishful it's coming soon.
    02-24-10 03:48 PM
    The amount of ram at this point is just rumor. I've read on a few different android forums that the Incredible is a CDMA Desire, which is also only a rumor. But if it is a CDMA Desire then ram should be 512 MB. You also need to take into consideration that the Droid ERIS has 288 MB of ram. I don't see HTC using all the great hardware that the Incredible has and use less ram than the ERIS but hey anything is possible. I have a Droid and absolutely love it but I'm sure I'll give this a try. I'm just glad work buys my phones for me lol.
    02-25-10 11:28 AM
    I agree that it is hard to believe that it will have less ram than the Eris. Let's hope it gets at least 512 MB. I've been waiting to get my first android device.
    02-25-10 11:34 AM
    As people have said, I'm either getting this or the N1. Just need all the specs for the Incredible to drop so I can decide. And I need release dates for both of them!
    02-26-10 01:59 PM
    Question: What do you do if they both come out about the same time and have similiar specs? You have the Nexus one at $179 (t-moble price) and the Incredible at im guessing $199. Then you have the whole support issue and has the 3g issue been fixed? Just thinking out loud. It's going to be a hard choice. I love the look Sense UI, but it will slow down the updates from google.
    02-26-10 02:36 PM
    Fortunately, my upgrade time isn't until the end of April, so I have a little time to let things unfold. I have really been eyeballing both the N1 and also the Droid. Both certainly has their ups and downs. The biggest "downer" for me has been all the problems with the N1 screen. As I sit in the bright sunlight, I can see my BB Curve 100% clearly and its pretty bright. I have read many places that the N1 screen doesn't do so well in the bright sun. If that is the case, I am willing to take the physical keyboard (and not use it) and go with the Droid. I don't feel like struggling or finding shade when I want to do something with the phone during the day.

Then again, maybe, with any luck, HTC/Google takes that into account and puts a different screen on it.
    02-26-10 03:41 PM
    Question: What do you do if they both come out about the same time and have similiar specs? You have the Nexus one at $179 (t-moble price) and the Incredible at im guessing $199. Then you have the whole support issue and has the 3g issue been fixed? Just thinking out loud. It's going to be a hard choice. I love the look Sense UI, but it will slow down the updates from google.
    I'd pick the Incredible. I don't like the trackball.
    02-26-10 03:55 PM
    There are already several devices on Verizon better than the Storm2 and Tour.
    agree, im a long time bb user...see sig. Waiting to make the jump and waiting to see what the next droid device will be since one just cleared FCC.
    02-26-10 08:43 PM
    Bold statement coming from someone with the ****tiest touchscreen series in the industry.

Your statement is an opinion. My statement is fact.
    Wow, maybe that's why I'm posting in THIS thread. Go rub one out to your ugly droid and cry over your life.

Last edited by masterpiecefinishes; 02-27-10 at 12:47 AM.
    02-27-10 12:39 AM
    Wow, maybe that's why I'm posting in THIS thread. Go rub one out to your ugly droid and cry over your life.

No reason to rub one out over a phone. I'm not hard up over a device. Sorry, I was just saying the Storm is ****.

No reason to cry over my life either. It's been great so far!
    02-27-10 08:46 AM
    I'm leaning more towards the N1 cause I kinda like the raw Android look. However, if the support and 3G issues are not fixed, then I would have no problem going with the Incredible. Who knows, once I have the Incredible in my hand I may go with that anyways.

Side thought: Is any one else kinda pissed that you cant play with the N1 in a store? I mean how does Google expect to sell a million of these things if no one can try it out before they buy it?
    02-27-10 07:53 PM
    I'm leaning more towards the N1 cause I kinda like the raw Android look. However, if the support and 3G issues are not fixed, then I would have no problem going with the Incredible. Who knows, once I have the Incredible in my hand I may go with that anyways.

Side thought: Is any one else kinda pissed that you cant play with the N1 in a store? I mean how does Google expect to sell a million of these things if no one can try it out before they buy it?
    That last paragraph of yours is a great one. I like the android platform I own a Motorola Droid, although I don't use it daily. I like the nexus look because it's iPhone'ish which is the type of build I prefer but it would is hard for me to order one of these devices without first just getting my hands on one. Now I will be purchasing a nexus one when it gets to verizon but only because I got the chance to play with a friends but what about the millions of people who need to see what they buy and have that sense of mind that they have touched and played with the device and are sure they want to make the purchase with no regrets. Hopefully google changes this situation for the verizon launch but I find it a little unlikely.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-27-10 at 08:40 PM.
    02-27-10 08:38 PM
    That last paragraph of yours is a great one. I like the android platform I own a Motorola Droid, although I don't use it daily. I like the nexus look because it's iPhone'ish which is the type of build I prefer but it would is hard for me to order one of these devices without first just getting my hands on one. Now I will be purchasing a nexus one when it gets to verizon but only because I got the chance to play with a friends but what about the millions of people who need to see what they buy and have that sense of mind that they have touched and played with the device and are sure they want to make the purchase with no regrets. Hopefully google changes this situation for the verizon launch but I find it a little unlikely.
    I'm really surprised that this is how Google went about promoting the N1. I mean every one is opening an Apple-like store so people can play / fool around with their products. No one buys electronics blindly any more - every one tests and plays with them first. I think they really screwed up with the way they are handling thier Nexus line.
    03-01-10 08:05 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD