Obviously the EVO blows the Incredible away but I want to know what can the Incredible do that the EVO can't.

The Incredible has Sense UI but that drains the battery quick and has been known to cause lag. Will there be a way to turn off Sense UI? If so I might try it out and if I like it then I'll carry it along with my Droid. Also, it's supposed to come with a 1300 mah battery. Is that true because that's even smaller than the Droid's battery. Battery life on this phone might suck so IDK if I'll try it.

The EVO looks amazing but it's on Sprint and Sprint sucks. Anyway to unlock the EVO from Sprint and use it on Verizon?

What to do, what to do...
    04-09-10 11:00 AM
    As far as I know there is no way to move the EVO from Sprint to VZW unless Sprint releases the device and you can somehow convince Verizon to let it be registered and entered into their computers. Surely when it is out and about people will find a way to reflash it behind the scenes but it's still too far away to tell.

IMHO, this thread should be HTC EVO versus Samsung Galaxy S though.
    04-09-10 11:18 AM
    The EVO looks amazing but it's on Sprint and Sprint sucks. Anyway to unlock the EVO from Sprint and use it on Verizon?

What to do, what to do...[/QUOTE]

Is that first hand evaluation, experience? Because they've been spot-on for me going on 6 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 11:27 AM
    Is that first hand evaluation, experience? Because they've been spot-on for me going on 6 years.

It may just be Sprint sucks in his or her area. Sprint may be great in your area, but in mine, as soon as we get roughly 5 miles out of town signal is non-existent.
    04-09-10 11:40 AM
    It may just be Sprint sucks in his or her area. Sprint may be great in your area, but in mine, as soon as we get roughly 5 miles out of town signal is non-existent.
    Sprint's coverage is good where I live but I never get signal inside of buildings whereas this isn't the case with Verizon. I don't wanna leave Verizon because of their coverage, customer service and future transition to LTE.

IDK... The EVO looks amazing while the Incredible just looks like a N1 with Sense UI.

I'll probably wait a few months and see because Verizon should be getting more Android phones later this year.
    04-09-10 11:49 AM
    I take that into consideration. And I travel all over the Midwest, South, and East Coast. There are definitely all kinds, but with their network and roaming on VZW, I've had no real problem in any of those regions. I'll be curios to see how these devices pan out. :Cool:

04-09-10 11:52 AM
    Sprint's coverage is good where I live but I never get signal inside of buildings whereas this isn't the case with Verizon. I don't wanna leave Verizon because of their coverage, customer service and future transition to LTE.

IDK... The EVO looks amazing while the Incredible just looks like a N1 with Sense UI.

I'll probably wait a few months and see because Verizon should be getting more Android phones later this year.
    I'd wait as well if I were you, There has to be something better on its way for Verizon with all these amazing Android phones popping up everywhere.

I take that into consideration. And I travel all over the Midwest, South, and East Coast. There are definitely all kinds, but with their network and roaming on VZW, I've had no real problem in any of those regions. I'll be curios to see how these devices pan out. :Cool:

I want to ask, is Sprint's ability to roam on Verizon's network limited to certain towers? Verizon covers every area I can think of here, yet with a Sprint device, my friend's can't get signal in the same areas I can...
    04-09-10 11:57 AM
    That's the Desire. I'm not sure if you could say the Incredible is Verizon's version of the Desire, but, what do I know.
    04-09-10 12:21 PM
    I'd wait as well if I were you, There has to be something better on its way for Verizon with all these amazing Android phones popping up everywhere.

I want to ask, is Sprint's ability to roam on Verizon's network limited to certain towers? Verizon covers every area I can think of here, yet with a Sprint device, my friend's can't get signal in the same areas I can...
    I suspect that it is limited. Admittedly, I don't know the extent of the roaming, and quite often can see it alternate due to signal propagation in fringe areas. But the fun part is, I see it on all networks to some extent. Nature of the beast we call cellular. You can even see a difference between identical devices, too. One day, they might have a perfect system, but that day is well in the future, as it looks from our point of perception.

04-09-10 12:21 PM
    That's the Desire. I'm not sure if you could say the Incredible is Verizon's version of the Desire, but, what do I know.
    I've seen the Desire and it looks very similar to the Incredible. I mean they're both great devices but hardly any better than my Droid. Now the EVO...that's a step up from the Droid.

Oh well. I love my Droid so i'll wait until fall-december when bigger and better Android devices will release.
    04-09-10 12:33 PM
    Eh, I'm not too sold on the Evo - its nice, but the device isn't very pocketable (I'm using the HD2 as a size reference). That, and the screen is the same resolution as the N1/Incredible/Desire despite being larger in size. I think HTC missed out by not bumping up the rez. Additionally, no AMOLED.

FYI: the Evo has SenseUI, too.
    04-09-10 12:45 PM
    Eh, I'm not too sold on the Evo - its nice, but the device isn't very pocketable (I'm using the HD2 as a size reference). That, and the screen is the same resolution as the N1/Incredible/Desire despite being larger in size. I think HTC missed out by not bumping up the rez. Additionally, no AMOLED.

FYI: the Evo has SenseUI, too.
    Yeah I know it has Sense but it also comes packed with a 1500 mah battery. The Incredible will come with a 1300 mah, which is smaller than the Droid's 1400 mah. So I predict battery life on the Incredible will be bad due to Sense UI and the smaller battery life.

Anyway, the EVO impresses me a lot. A friend of mine has an HD2 and it fits in his pocket without issue. I think the resolution on the EVO is great and who knows, they could change it before release.

Well I can wait anyway since I already have a Droid (as well as an iPhone and Storm 2). I'm sure Verizon will get an Android device with a 4.3 inch screen sometime in the future.
    04-09-10 12:51 PM
    You should probably rephrase your comparisons, then, because it seems as if you were contrasting the features of each device.

As for the battery on the Incredible, yeah, it seems pretty crappy. Thankfully, Seido has done some great after-market work on squeezing larger batteries into the same space.
    04-09-10 01:32 PM
    how does the evo blow the incredible away?

leaving network out of the discussion....

pluses of the evo over the incredible are: larger screen, front facing camera, 4g support.

pluses of incredible over evo: higher res cam, more internal storage.

battery life between the two will probably very similar. even though the evo has a larger battery, it also has a larger screen which will suck more juice.

other than that it's pretty much a level playing ground. same processor, same os, same resolution.

personally i'm not hot on the size of the evo (using the hd2 as a reference). both should be good phones though. i wouldn't switch from vzw to sprint to get the evo, and i wouldn't switch from sprint to vzw to get the incredible.
    04-09-10 02:07 PM
    As I wish the EVO was a tad smaller I still find it superior to the Incredible.

1.HDMI (which is nice if you video tape something and then can play it on the TV)

2.Screen Size ( Although I think 4" would of been perfect)

3.4G ( Which is available in my area)

4. Sprint's Prices (Sprint is stellar in my area, and love the upgrades every year.)

5. Let's not forget the KICKSTAND ( Hey I think that's gonna come in handy when am at the table eating something and want to view a video or web page).
    04-09-10 02:38 PM
    how does the evo blow the incredible away?

leaving network out of the discussion....

pluses of the evo over the incredible are: larger screen, front facing camera, 4g support.

battery life between the two will probably very similar. even though the evo has a larger battery, it also has a larger screen which will suck more juice.

other than that it's pretty much a level playing ground. same processor, same os, same resolution.

personally i'm not hot on the size of the evo (using the hd2 as a reference). both should be good phones though. i wouldn't switch from vzw to sprint to get the evo, and i wouldn't switch from sprint to vzw to get the incredible.
    Higher res camera? Could care less about that since I barely take pictures.

More internal storage? Droid already has apps to sd and there's no doubt the EVO will get it.

Idk, the Incredible is just as good as the Droid and N1 but not quite at the level of the EVO.

I like the EVO's size a lot personally.
    04-09-10 03:12 PM
    To some of us, the EVO is too big.

This is why Android's awesome, we have choice!
    04-09-10 04:25 PM
    um, lets see here. neither phone is even out yet. all we know is specs! and really, are you going to base your buying decision on specs? yea, specs for both phones are like a dream come true in the mobile world. lets just wait and see what these phones can do after we get some hands on time with them.

have you considered that the larger battery for the EVO may be necessary to run the larger touch screen, and/or 4G? who's to say that the 4G may be a huge batter drainer. also, since your comparing specs, the Incredible has a faster processor than previous builds that were running Sense UI. Everything that I've read and researched shows the new Sense UI is running well on the Desire, which has the same processor.

IMO, I think the Incredible will end up being the better choice.
    04-09-10 04:49 PM
    um, lets see here. neither phone is even out yet. all we know is specs! and really, are you going to base your buying decision on specs? yea, specs for both phones are like a dream come true in the mobile world. lets just wait and see what these phones can do after we get some hands on time with them.

have you considered that the larger battery for the EVO may be necessary to run the larger touch screen, and/or 4G? who's to say that the 4G may be a huge batter drainer. also, since your comparing specs, the Incredible has a faster processor than previous builds that were running Sense UI. Everything that I've read and researched shows the new Sense UI is running well on the Desire, which has the same processor.

IMO, I think the Incredible will end up being the better choice.
    Well if you look at it that way, the Incredible has a faster processor than the Droid and a smaller battery. On top of that it runs Sense UI. So I don't expect the battery life of the Incredible to be anywhere as good as the Droid's.

Both are great devices and such but I'm not buying either anyway. My next Android device will probably be the Droid 2 around November - December.
    04-09-10 04:57 PM
    Same res cam, EVO will have a internal storage increase around 8GB, among other features when it's final. Both devices are awesome, and doesn't need to be pitted against each other. They both have a 1-2 punch, when it's available to the public.
    04-10-10 11:01 AM
    Internal storage is good but we already have the ability to store apps to our SD cards. If the N1 doesn't come in time I might sell my Storm 2 and try out the Incredible only if I can turn off Sense UI (hate it). I love my Droid but sometimes I feel it's too heavy and I want a thin and lighter phone like the N1 or Incredible. I just wanna have two Android phones :P
    04-10-10 11:32 AM
    Same res cam, EVO will have a internal storage increase around 8GB, among other features when it's final. Both devices are awesome, and doesn't need to be pitted against each other. They both have a 1-2 punch, when it's available to the public.
    I guess we'll have to see what actually makes it to market, but as of right now we don't know the evo specs. The incredible will be released before the evo, and the evo's specs may not be confirmed by then. So some people will make decisions on what's important to them based on what they do know.

Either way, believe they will be pitted against each other when they are released. Just like the nexus was pitted against the droid and the eris was pitted against the droid. If not just for the differences in specs, because the evo and incredible are on different networks.
    04-10-10 01:39 PM
    Internal storage is good but we already have the ability to store apps to our SD cards. If the N1 doesn't come in time I might sell my Storm 2 and try out the Incredible only if I can turn off Sense UI (hate it). I love my Droid but sometimes I feel it's too heavy and I want a thin and lighter phone like the N1 or Incredible. I just wanna have two Android phones :P
    You just said you didn't want either of these phones...

And you've never used a phone with the newest version of sense, so how can you hate it? I think sense pairs really well with android, based on what we've seen on the desire, and will enhance the overall experience. I don't miss it on my droid but I like the options it brings to the table for android phones.
    04-10-10 01:49 PM
    i dont see how these phones are pitted against each other at all.... since one is on VZ and one is on Sprint....

a) I have to assume that VZ customers are happy paying their higher charges and believe Sprint sucks.
    and,
    b) I dont see Sprint customers lining up to pay $40/mo extra for miniscule technical differences.
    04-10-10 01:59 PM
    HTC isn't pitting these phones against each other. They couldn't care less as long as we buy one or the other. However, potential buyers, some on this forum, even in this thread, are deciding between the evo and the incredible for their own reasons.

Maybe they're on a month to month plan and just waiting to see which they may like better. If so they'll compare the features, including network and make a decision.
    04-10-10 05:16 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD