Finally, we have something concrete about the HTC Incredible that apparently comes from Verizon themselves.
    HTC Incredible official spec list revealed
    04-13-10 03:29 PM
    Suh-weet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 03:35 PM
    I have been waiting patiently for this phone. I just needs to be released so I can try Android to it's fullest extent.

04-13-10 07:05 PM
    yes yes yes, can't wait!!!!!!!
    04-13-10 09:27 PM
    Let's hope that 8GB of internal memory can be used for app installs, otherwise... :thumbsdown:
    04-13-10 11:05 PM
    Let's hope that 8GB of internal memory can be used for app installs, otherwise... :thumbsdown:
    As of right now, Android doesn't let you do that. Hopefully in a later iteration of the OS
    04-14-10 07:18 AM
    Does "Mobile Broadband Connect" mean what I think it does? Hotspot?
    04-14-10 08:01 AM
    So it's an HTC Storm... lol
    blasphemy!!! lol

Seems both RIM and Google just can't get their isht together to get past the 512MB or less Flash limitation for OS/Apps. WTF!?!?!? Is Apple the only one that's gotten past this hurdle. Maybe building their mobile OS based on a desktop platform wasn't such a bad idea.
    the reason apple gets past it is because they don't store apps on removable media (sd cards) which limits the possibility of application piracy.

for other manufacturers they struggle with how to safely and securely prevent piracy when applications are stored on removable media.

i think having 8gb internal storage is a step in the right direction for being able to get past this issue. at the very least it gives users lots of additional storage, and up to 40gb of on board storage (when paired with a 32gb microsd card).

i'm sure you've all heard of apps2sd that allows users to store applications on the sd card, although not officially supported by android. maybe google has something up their sleeve for us in the coming months...?
    04-14-10 09:30 AM
    If it had the mobile hotspot I would def jump on it.
    04-14-10 02:40 PM
    So it's an HTC Storm... lol Great... I'm sure that 8GB of storage will be just as useless on that phone then. Seems both RIM and Google just can't get their isht together to get past the 512MB or less Flash limitation for OS/Apps. WTF!?!?!? Is Apple the only one that's gotten past this hurdle. Maybe building their mobile OS based on a desktop platform wasn't such a bad idea.
    Lol... I agree. Palm has gotten past it too. Only RIM and Google haven't gotten past it. Apple has the best implementation because their software is highly scalable and on top of that, development is really easy and seamless.
    04-14-10 02:48 PM
    So it's an HTC Storm... lol Great... I'm sure that 8GB of storage will be just as useless on that phone then. Seems both RIM and Google just can't get their isht together to get past the 512MB or less Flash limitation for OS/Apps. WTF!?!?!? Is Apple the only one that's gotten past this hurdle. Maybe building their mobile OS based on a desktop platform wasn't such a bad idea.
    Rooted phones can put their apps on the SD card easily. Now I don't understand how 512mb is not enough space for your apps. My Droid with the OS installed and 55 apps to go along with that only take up 83mb of space internally right now. The games you would imagine take up 30-40mb actually store their data on the SD card, so there isn't really a problem there. Now I am trying to figure why everyone is getting so upset over this, you will be able to have a TON of apps on the incredible before you even come close to the max internal storage.
    04-14-10 03:17 PM
    Who cares about internal memory when you can install apps on your SD card now?

I have 11GB of space to store apps on my Droid and it runs super fast at 900MHz. Not sure why you peeps are looking at internal memory when you can place your apps on your SD cards.
    04-14-10 03:20 PM
    Specs do look impressive. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be a world phone - that would be a deal breaker for me.
    Can someone please confirm that, one way or another? i would hate to miss out on a good thing...
    04-14-10 06:44 PM
    Nice. I can't wait to try it out!
    04-14-10 07:58 PM
    Who cares about internal memory when you can install apps on your SD card now?

I have 11GB of space to store apps on my Droid and it runs super fast at 900MHz. Not sure why you peeps are looking at internal memory when you can place your apps on your SD cards.
    Maybe because you have to root the device first...
    04-14-10 09:05 PM
    like all the specs, but with it didnt have amoled screen..have you seen one in sunlight?
    04-14-10 09:25 PM
    04-15-10 02:29 AM
    Anyone familiar with the Speech Recognition feature?
    04-15-10 06:04 AM
    Anyone familiar with the Speech Recognition feature?
    I think this means the voice search that is available on 2.1 but I'm not 100% on that. Where anywhere you can type it also has the "microphone" button to allow you to speak what you want to type instead of typing it.

04-15-10 06:55 AM
    The site the OP posted said it could support a microSD card up to 32 GB. This link for the Verizon specs from engadget says it supports a microSD card up to 16 GB.
    Wonder which one is correct?

04-15-10 06:57 AM

Proof positive that whomever writes the docs for the tech specs doesn't know an ant from an aardvark.

Since when does "Google Experience Device" and "HTC Sense UI" go hand in hand? The Google Experience Devices are the ones that are supposed to NOT have Sense on them... i.e. like the original Droid.

WTF? Am I the only one confused by this? Sometimes I wonder if the marketing people just throw isht in for the heck of it... the more stuff it says it has, the better it is.
    I see your still an *****, and you still use a Storm.
    04-15-10 09:43 AM
    Anyone already used this on other HTC phones? Does it work well?

I think this means the voice search that is available on 2.1 but I'm not 100% on that. Where anywhere you can type it also has the "microphone" button to allow you to speak what you want to type instead of typing it.

04-15-10 10:43 AM
    Anyone already used this on other HTC phones? Does it work well?
    It's on the Droid. Instead of typing an email or txt you swipe the keyboard then talk you message and it types it. It works, but IMO it's kind of a gimmick. I still type stuff.
    04-15-10 11:03 AM
    Stupid question: Don't know much about the Android platform but saw it mentioned
    here so I wanna see if it's true. You can install apps and run them from a memory card?
    04-15-10 12:50 PM
    Stupid question: Don't know much about the Android platform but saw it mentioned
    here so I wanna see if it's true. You can install apps and run them from a memory card?
    At this point you have to be rooted to use app2sd, but yes, it is possible.
    04-15-10 01:16 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD