Hello,

I have recently decided to make the jump from BB to Android. After researching this site and others I had picked the Sprint HTC EVO Shift, as I am a Sprint customer. I went to the store today and took a hands on look. It confirmed the wonderful things I discovered during my research! However, it was right next to the Epic. Now open to Androids I took a second look at the Epic, I have seen it before and did not like it. It seemed very similar to the Shift, give or take a few minor things. All of this has me questioning the Shift. So I thought I would ask you, great CrackBerry users.

I would appreciate any feedback, especially feedback based on personal experiences, as to the differences between these two devices.

Thanks a bunch for all help!!
    Last edited by Kathy145; 02-10-11 at 06:06 PM.
    02-10-11 06:00 PM
    If specs don't matter to you than the best thing to tell you is to try them both out in the store and also you have the 30 day return/exchange policy.

Here is a rundown of the specs on both devices.

HTC EVO Shift vs Samsung Epic 4G | Wirefly Learn
    02-10-11 06:26 PM
    Specs are important, don't get me wrong. I am most interested in the OS differences. I am not informed enough to tell the difference, by playing with each at the sprint store and I would rather not do a return. However, its nice to have that option.
    02-10-11 08:35 PM
    Alright since I feel like being nice I will break the specs down easily for you.

Evo Shift
    -800ghz snapdragon processor
    -3.6 in screen, 480x800 res
    -HTC's Sense UI
    -Supports full Flash 10.1
    -Only 1 camera on back

Epic
    -1 ghz hummingbird processor
    -4in screen, 480x800 res
    -Samsung's Touchwiz UI(kinda like iPhone setup)
    -Supports Flash Lite
    -Front facing camera

Other than that there are no other huge differences and they both have full slide out physical keyboards. Im not a big fan of horizontal slide out keyboards but if I had to chose between these two, it would be the Epic 4g going by these specs. There are just so many other factors to go by so just make a decision based on what you will be using the phone for on a daily basis. Good luck with your choice.
    Kathy145 likes this.
    02-10-11 09:44 PM
    Thank you for being such a nice guy, I appreciate it. Your break down was very helpful, especially the "kinda like iPhone setup" part.

Thanks again!
    02-11-11 10:02 AM
    Don't let the spec sheet fool you. The Snapdragon in the Shift is faster than the Hummingbird in the Epic. Also, you have to take into consideration tjat Samsung is notorious for dragging its feet with pushing updates. As always, go to a store, test the devices out before making a purchase.

Posted from my Evo at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Kathy145 likes this.
    02-11-11 11:02 AM
    That is REALLY good to know. One of THE main reasons I am leaving BB is because they are SO slow to release anything, but especially through Sprint.

I have been to the store once and I am going tomorrow to make my final decision and purchase!

Thanks again!
    02-11-11 11:11 AM
    Hello All-

In doing some additional research I discovered a similar thread over at androidcentral.com. The link is below, if anyone is interested.

EVO Shift 4G vs. Samsung Epic: isn't the Epic a better deal? - Android Forums
    02-11-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD