HTC Droid Eris

New images of the HTC Droid Eris (Phone Arena News)

bye bye blackberry storm -- helllooo htc droid eris
    10-29-09 04:50 PM
    it is releasing the same day so you will be a happy camper
    10-29-09 05:28 PM
    I have to ask, why the Eris instead of The Droid?
    10-29-09 05:31 PM
    I have to ask, why the Eris instead of The Droid?
    Not that I speak for rezendesn, but the Eris does have HTC Sense which the Droid doesn't. I know if I was getting an Android phone, I would place a lot of importance on that. There's also the price (obviously) and (arguably) the stylishness of the phone.
    10-29-09 06:00 PM
    If you can, wait for the Passion. HTC's Sense UI, Android 2.0 and 1 GHZ Snapdragon processor = Sweet.

Rumor is it will come out Dec/Jan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:19 PM
    But do you really want to downgrade to android 1.6?
    10-29-09 11:55 PM
    HTC Passion is what I'm waiting for... upgrade is in January... perfect timing hopefully
    10-30-09 02:17 PM
    HTC Droid Eris

New images of the HTC Droid Eris (Phone Arena News)

bye bye blackberry storm -- helllooo htc droid eris
    isn't that sucker an entry-level droid?
    10-30-09 02:20 PM
    If you can, wait for the Passion. HTC's Sense UI, Android 2.0 and 1 GHZ Snapdragon processor = Sweet.

Rumor is it will come out Dec/Jan.

+1million times infinity

10-30-09 02:23 PM
    isn't that sucker an entry-level droid?
    I keep hearing everyone say the HTC Eris is an entry level phone....What makes you think that? Just because they are going to price the phone at $99 doesn't mean the phone isn't awesome! They sold the iphone for $99 for a bit...

I played with the Eris for a solid 45mins and its everything the storm is minus BBM (which I will miss greatly) plus some. The phone is super super super smooth, very light weight, super skinny, and fast. I have heard the Droid is really fast as well, but I don't get to play with that phone until this weekend. I don't know that you can go wrong with either phone. The speed of the browser, downloading apps, and processor speed blow any BB out of the water. These two phones are exactly what the industry needed. A little competition for the iphone and a major kick in the **** to RIM to step up their game!
    10-30-09 02:29 PM
    all this gloating about the snapdragon processor is getting old. The droids processor is just as good if not better to some degree. Just because it's clocked at 1GHZ doesn't mean it's more powerful than the one used in the droid. Besides, the droid also has a separate chip just to handle the graphics while the all praised snapdragon does not.

Also, given the fact that android 2.0 has already been ported to the G1 it will be only be a matter of time until the Droid gets Sense Ui.
    10-30-09 02:45 PM
    i didn't think google phones could get sense. isn't that why the mytouch 3g was left out?
    10-30-09 03:47 PM
    i didn't think google phones could get sense. isn't that why the mytouch 3g was left out?
    Obviously you thought wrong. None the less, I'm not impressed with the eris.
    10-30-09 03:54 PM
    well as for me...im not a big fan of QWERTY keyboards on a phone..just makes them too big and too bulky..i dont like my pockets weighing me down.

but as for the eris - its not an entry level phone..its a Hero for verizon..theres nothing wrong with the phone, Sense UI, mutlitouch - its got it all and it will only be a matter for months before 2.0 gets pushed to the eris.

Price isnt the issue for me, seeing i am not due for an upgrade until 2011 thanks to my WONDERFUL blackberry storm!..so no matter which way you slice it, im gonna have to be shelling out close to 500 (yes the storm kills me that much)..but i already have a buyer on craigslist who is going to plop down 250 for it. (its brand new, got a new one last month and i updated it so its a little bit better) so that will leave me with a $200 price tag for the Droid Eris.

Im gonna be a real happy camper come friday morning...this weekend is gonna be niceee
    11-03-09 07:51 PM
    I'm having a hard time deciding between the Droid and Eris now. I guess I'm gonna have to try both and see which I like best. Either way, I won't be purchasing right away as I'm not up for an upgrade until June but at least I will check out both devices. I'm liking the overall look of the Eris more at thus point but the specs on the Droid are obviously better. Decisions decisions

11-03-09 08:17 PM
    all this gloating about the snapdragon processor is getting old. The droids processor is just as good if not better to some degree. Just because it's clocked at 1GHZ doesn't mean it's more powerful than the one used in the droid. Besides, the droid also has a separate chip just to handle the graphics while the all praised snapdragon does not.

Also, given the fact that android 2.0 has already been ported to the G1 it will be only be a matter of time until the Droid gets Sense Ui.
    After reading JRSCCivic's post elsewhere in this forum about the TI OMAP3 processor and the Qualcomm Snapdragon, I have to admit the Snapdragon has lost it's appeal for me. As you pointed out, the TI OMAP3 processor has a dedicated GPU, and the Snapdragon seems to have a healthy appetite for eating batteries.

The Droid is looking better and better every day. I just reschedued an appointment I had on Friday morning, so my entire day is clear. I guess I'm going to be at my local Verizon store come Friday morning.

11-03-09 08:24 PM
    The Eris is lookin better and better every time I glance @ it. I'm anxious to get my hands on it come Friday. I'm not feeling the Droid at all so if the Eris doesn't float my boat...it's most likely Storm2 for this nut. I'll be happy either way...really.
    11-03-09 10:03 PM
    Too bad the Eris has the trackball on it. I too won't get the Droid because of the QWERTY physical keyboard- I want full touch screen. I know about BlackBerry's bad habits of having trackballs fall out of phones left and right and would be wililng to bet that the HTC will do the same.

I'll keep waiting for some more Q1 2010 releases. I'm really interested in the Sony X10
    Last edited by 0837S; 11-03-09 at 10:28 PM.
    11-03-09 10:25 PM
    they call the eris an entry level device based on hardware specs and OS....since it's not "top of the line" or newest tech/hardware...that's all....newer android phones have 1Ghz processors and 2.0 OS, etc....
    11-03-09 10:29 PM
    they call the eris an entry level device based on hardware specs and OS....since it's not "top of the line" or newest tech/hardware...that's all....newer android phones have 1Ghz processors and 2.0 OS, etc....
    Maybe true but the Eris is basically a slightly altered Hero....nothing wrong with that to me. The Hero has been a great phone, IMO.
    $99 for a new VZW "Hero"...I'm cool with that.
    11-04-09 12:35 AM
    I also don't like the idea of a trackball. What's the point when you have full touchscreen? Seems like a waste of space. I wish the Droid's keyboard was a bit more user friendly than it seems, but I'll deal. It's still really thin, even if I don't open it.
    11-04-09 09:13 AM
    I also don't like the idea of a trackball. What's the point when you have full touchscreen? Seems like a waste of space. I wish the Droid's keyboard was a bit more user friendly than it seems, but I'll deal. It's still really thin, even if I don't open it.
    there is literally nothing you HAVE to use the track ball for....i've used this phone for hours now, and never once used the track ball. think of it like your phones "minerals"....just so you know it's a man's phone, it has one ball. other one was prolly lost bull riding or in battle or something manly like that.
    11-04-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD