I'm sure this has been raised before but how can I improve battery life please, it's sooooooooooo frustrating, just medium use ie facebook, twitter and web browsing can flatten the battery in 7-9 hours!
    10-19-11 04:53 AM
    Can you give us a little more info as to what your settings are?

Here's a good article on basic things you can do to help increase battery life. Keep in mind..you don't have to do ALL the tips..just what you want. The point isn't to dumb down your phone..but rather turn off things you don't really use or need.

20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life
    10-19-11 10:51 AM
    If i were you, would get this-
    10-19-11 03:52 PM
    Can you give us a little more info as to what your settings are?

Here's a good article on basic things you can do to help increase battery life. Keep in mind..you don't have to do ALL the tips..just what you want. The point isn't to dumb down your phone..but rather turn off things you don't really use or need.

20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life
    I've got three email accounts plus gmail, I've got the three emails updating every two hours, I've turned gps off (just now, but I'm assuming if an app needs to use it i'll be given the option of turning it back on?), I've got a dark wallpaper with animations turned off, I've got brightness turned down to 30% at all times, my facebook and twitter to refresh only when I open and my peeps I can only seem to turn down to sync once a day. What else can I do? I've heard about turning off synchronization all together but what are the implications of that? Will I miss out on something or if an app needs to synchronise will I be asked permission for it to be carried out manually?
    10-19-11 04:56 PM
    It's points 4 & 5 that I have reservations over, what will they do? Will it be detrimental to how I use the phone and the enjoyment I get from it?
    10-19-11 05:20 PM
    Sorry point 8 too!
    10-19-11 05:36 PM
    Keep the account sync times lower to help improve battery. Two hours may be too much. Try four or six or eight. I know, its lame. At some point you just have to use your device and find ways to charge it. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 06:01 PM
    By forwarding your other email accounts to Gmail..you will be able to eliminate them "syncing" altogether..because as the email hits your server..it gets forwarded to gmail..which pushes it to you. This will significantly cut down on your polling that's being done.

I wouldn't cut off syncing altogether. You still want Gmail to be able to sync, as well as your Calendars and other stuff. But I would get those other email accounts forwarded asap.

And as far as GPS goes..yes..keep it off. Applications will prompt you if they need it (such as Gmaps). Even turn off the "Use Wireless Networks" (this helps pinpoint location as well) unless needed.
    10-19-11 06:49 PM
    Well today I've had ten hours and am at 75% left, one hardly used the phone and according to the stats the main usage is screen 45%, cell standby 22% and phone idle 20%. The last two seem a bit daft when I haven't used the phone hardly, can I do anything to change them?

10-20-11 10:39 AM
    So after 10 hours you still have 75% left? That's pretty good imo..even with light useage. Androids aren't the BB's of old..where you could go a week on a single charge. Getting a full day out of them is about all you can ask for.

As for the Phone Idle and Cell Standby..there isn't really anything you can do about that (at least that i'm aware of). It's just the phone being a phone.
    10-20-11 10:50 AM
    One thing I've noticed is that the FB app is a battery hog. I just go to the mobile FB website and if you want to use Twitter make sure you update it manually.
    10-20-11 11:31 AM
    Ing I thought that was poor, by light useage I literally meant about two sms's, three email refreshed and checked Facebook and Twitter twice! I'm nor at 55% and 13 hours, what would I be at if is been making some calls and on the net? I'm struggling to believe this is normal. I've yet to try the battery charging technique yet that allegedly doubles battery time!

10-20-11 01:55 PM
    If you've done all the battery saving tips and tricks..then my advice would be just stop worrying about the battery life for a few days and use your phone normally. HTC's are known for the worst batteries out of the Android bunch..but if you're getting 13 hours with 55% left..you should easily be over 24 hours with minimal use. Once you use your phone normally..this might equate into 12 hours of heavy use..but in all honesty..that's normal (for stock phones).

Again..don't become obsessed with it. One thing i've learned is not to be worried if it's 8pm at night and i'm down to 30%. I know I can still get at least 2-3 hours of useage out of this..whereas on Blackberry..I always felt like at 30% I had to get it to a charger. I routinely run mine down as low as 10% without worrying about it.
    10-20-11 02:12 PM
    Thanks, yes I know what you mean, my BB would die quickly at 30% but the desire does seem to go right to the death. I've heard the battery improves after a few weeks anyhow so fingers crossed it'll get better! How do you feel about doing these points, I'm hesitant:

4. Disable "always on" mobile data. This is one of the biggest battery savers. Go to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks. Tap "Enable always-on mobile data" to uncheck the box. I haven't found a negative consequence of disabling this feature, as Gmail and other apps/functions still work perfectly.

5. Turn off background data. If you're not using Google services, go to Settings -> Accounts & sync and uncheck the Background data box so that applications cannot sync, send, and receive data whenever they want to.

8. Turn off auto-sync. Go to Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Auto-sync.
    10-20-11 02:55 PM
    The best thing to do with those..is try them one at a time..and see if they interfere with anything you currently do with your phone. I currently don't have any of them disabled..but I remember having 1 or 2 of them disabled when I had my Desire Z.

Start with disabling Always On for mobile data..and see if you're emails and/or IM's still come in regularly. If so..great. If not..then maybe don't. Keep working your way down the list and see what works and what doesnt. I'm thinking the auto sync might mess with any Calendar syncs via Google..so just be aware of that.
    10-20-11 03:03 PM
    Well Ive tried the battery recalibrate thing and so far results are good. The phones been off charge for 2 hours and I've used it to read about 10 emails that were already downloaded whilst the phone was on charge, and I'm still at 100% after two hours! Fair enough the phones done nothing but thats what I'd expect!

So far so good
    10-21-11 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD