I'm looking at possibly getting this phone very soon but a friend of mines says that i should look for an Android phone that will get the latest ICS update. This will be my 1st ever Android phone so I'm just learning the user interface so i don't feel like OS is that important to me. What's anyone's opinion of the Amaze if there are any? I was also looking at the Galaxy Blaze 4G and maybe even the HTC Sensation 4G and or the Galaxy S2. The Amaze appeals to me because it's free btw.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-18-12 05:53 PM
    According to the specs the Amaze is a sweet phone. But if you can, get the HTC One S. It's more future-proof than the Amaze.
    08-18-12 06:09 PM
    Honestly, I don't like the One S. The Beats Audio feature is crap to me (I'm a recording engineer so i don't get into psychoacoustics) i like my sound pure. also, i'm not a fan of the non-removeable battery or memory.

08-18-12 07:34 PM
    Honestly, I don't like the One S. The Beats Audio feature is crap to me (I'm a recording engineer so i don't get into psychoacoustics) i like my sound pure. also, i'm not a fan of the non-removeable battery or memory.

Yeah, the Beats bit is pretty much just a gimmick and not a worthy consideration. But for the hardware, the One S will knock the Amaze out of the galaxy. But the Amaze is still a sweet phone. If you truly don't care about updating Android officially, then the Amaze should suffice. However, even if you do eventually decide that upgrading the OS is a thing you want to get into, there will be plenty of custom ROMs available for the Amaze that you can install to get future OS versions that HTC wouldn't provide.
    08-18-12 07:47 PM
    That sounds awesome! I do believe the Amaze will be my next phone and my first Android. I've downloaded the pdf manual and already started reading tomorrow won't get here soon enough... so long Blackberry, it's been good but this isn't working out anymore... we can still be friends lol

08-18-12 09:43 PM
    Yeah OP you need to get a phone that will get the latest updates. Either get the galaxy nexus now for 349.99 or wait a few months for the next nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Marty_LK likes this.
    08-18-12 09:47 PM
    I had the Amaze for awhile and it was an awesome phone. I loved the dedicated camera and video cam options, and HTC Sense is very intuitive. The ONLY problem with it is that there is a lot of light bleed from the buttons that leaks onto the screen. An app called Screen Filter fixes that problem fairly well, though.
    08-19-12 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the input everyone. I actually ended up getting the Galaxy S Blaze 4G. It's as powerful as the Amaze without the 8mp camera and it's newer so it should be getting ICS at the very least (I hope) the screen is a tad bit smaller at 3.7 but I think I'll be happy overall with this as my 1st Android device

...now what other cool things can you tell me that I don't know about this phone?

08-20-12 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD