I really want the Droid but am holding off to see the real world user reviews that are still coming in. I was one burned by S1 (I still have it). I waited in line on my 10th wedding anniversary to get one. I remember being anxious to get a BB with a touchscreen. Perused every forum I could find leading up to launch day.

I'm hesitant b/c I don't want to be let down again. I've used a BB for at least five years. Left to try the Moto Q and came back (I hate Windows devices mobile or desktop) and tried the iPhone and hated that too. Kept coming back to Blackberry.

I had my annual upgrade pushed up to now, very tempted to pick one up today but still not sure.
    Edit/Delete Message
    11-07-09 09:21 AM
    Like I do with every other gadget I get. I'll want the next "new" thing.

If you are a BB user and keep going back to BB I would guess you may not be happy with this device. Wimo really stinks (it may be better now). Android is a very different experience so again, you may be more comfortable with your BB, just not the Storm!
    11-07-09 09:32 AM
    I will say I love the phone. However, i think the newness has worn off me already. I came from an 8330 and really wanted to try something different than another BB, but did want touchscreen and having read the Storm 1 and 2 reviews, well, you know.

I am a little frustrated at the battery life for one. Hopefully I can figure out what to keep running and other settings to prolong this. I wish it had the auto turn on-off like the Curve. Maqybe it does or there is an app, havent looked yet.

Finding settings and menus can be a little frustrating. Having no send-end key I thought would be a problem, but not yet.

If you want my opinion on whether to get the phone, I would say isn't there the 30 days? I don't think you will be dissapointed with the phone, just frustrated until you figure out the ins and outs.
    11-07-09 09:36 AM
    Way better than if I had stayed with my Storm 1 w/.328 running. The Droid is one heck of a phone and don't regret purchasing it for $149. At the One year price or any for that matter. .
    11-07-09 09:37 AM
    I responded to your question on Android Central...
    11-07-09 09:50 AM
    I think I will still really like it. The browser speed is amazing compared to my BB and I'm actually liking Google calendar and the ability to share with with my wife and family.
    11-07-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD