Did you get the phone as a hardware upgrade which involved renewing your contract which would mean paperwork which CLEARLY STATES IN IT that it's 14 days OR 30 minutes talktime/50 texts/50 Mb data to return?

Did you, you know, LOOK AT THE PAPERWORK FIRST?

I'm so sick of consumers blaming the carriers for their own negligence.
    09-23-11 08:56 PM
    I am finally enjoying my 2nd go around with Android a much better experience.
    Same here...first one was a Mesmerize (us cellular galaxy s)...just had waaaayyy too many problems. I've now fallen head over heels for Sense...plus the physical keyboard on the Merge makes me happy. Also helps having Gingerbread.
    09-23-11 09:25 PM
    Did you get the phone as a hardware upgrade which involved renewing your contract which would mean paperwork which CLEARLY STATES IN IT that it's 14 days OR 30 minutes talktime/50 texts/50 Mb data to return?

Reneebob, can you explain the rationale behind the 30 minute rule? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-24-11 12:12 AM
    I honestly am not sure for certain why it is to be honest. It was abused though. Stores were losing money because they had phones sent back constantly and losing inventory. Also customers did it to get a phone for free for a couple of weeks and then exercising the contract cancellation. If the device is faulty, the rule doesn't apply. But something had to be done to stop the abuse because it was just too costly with the subsidies.

That's not gospel, but its an educated guess from working in the industry.
    09-24-11 04:35 AM

I'm pretty sure the OP was well aware of the "contract"..as was stated. Why so angry lol..

Being aware of the contract doesn't make it any less ******** of a rule for 30 mins of talk time. 2 weeks trial? Sure. Helll..Give me 2 hours of talk time..I'd be fine with that. But 30 mins is ridiculous..no matter what the fine print is.

The Big 3 in Canada have a ridiculous monopoly going on..and us Canadians are getting shafted because of it.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-24-11 10:39 AM
    No. I got it off Contract. And I'm adapting to my SGs2 but my next phone will be a Berry again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 08:29 PM
    No. I got it off Contract. And I'm adapting to my SGs2 but my next phone will be a Berry again.

To be honest, I'm still adapting to Android, myself. I've been spoiled by different ROMs/launchers, I forget there's a lot to appreciate, even in stock AOSP

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 10:17 PM
    I got the S2 the other week. I have a Bold 9900 also. I sometimes miss the Bold for the keyboard but the 9900 has been in the drawer for almost 2 weeks now. So much to do on the phone and I love it. Loaded a custom Rom also. Just crazy after really trying a crazy fast Android how much more advanced it is then even an OS7 device. Battery has even been much better then the Bold. You really realize how far behind Blackberry is.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-28-11 12:04 PM
    The battery is better than a bold ?? Now that's a first

09-28-11 05:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD