I got 3 annoying unwanted icons in my status bar which is an data usage warning, lookout security and some voicemail. Extremely annoying. I want to keep lookout for security reasons. I have tried the "call your own phone with another phone" method which didn't work and I also tried this call settings method which didn't work also. This is really getting me annoyed.
    12-08-12 05:45 AM
    There should be a button in your notification tray that clears out all the notifications. And if you're using a device with Ice Cream Sammich or Jelly Bean, you should be able to swipe individual notifications horizontally to remove them.
    12-08-12 11:21 AM
    There should be a button in your notification tray that clears out all the notifications. And if you're using a device with Ice Cream Sammich or Jelly Bean, you should be able to swipe individual notifications horizontally to remove them.
    Yeah there is but that doesn't exactly help clear the unwanted icons. It only certain notifications.
    12-08-12 12:31 PM
    Most apps' notifications can be turned off, within the app. Open the app, select menu, then select settings. I know Lookout can be hidden, not sure what voicemail you're using, but you can probably hide it as well.
    Last edited by spotmark; 12-10-12 at 08:55 AM.
    12-09-12 08:52 PM
    For the Data Usage icon, go into Settings -> Data usage and change the upper limit or remove the checkbox for "Set mobile data limit." that should remove that notification.
    12-10-12 07:35 AM
    Each application should have their own option to turn the notification off so always check within the app.
    12-10-12 10:26 AM