How many of you have an Android, but have kept your BB for business or whatever? I've had three Androids (my current I like the best is an LG Optimus T). I really enjoy them, but for business, I keep going back to my 9700. I've switched so many times I've lost count (T-Mobile allows me to switch back and forth online without charge and hasn't complained . . . yet). I'm thinking of adding a line to my family plan and keeping two phones. Sounds nuts to me, but I'm going nuts switching back and forth. Experiences?
    12-30-10 02:29 PM
    You rang...? With one exception, I keep my BB because of the superior sound quality for music, both through outer speaker and headset, also because of it's better looks and awesome keyboard. I keep my android because of it's superior screen quality and awesome app market. I tried the two lines thing for a while, but it was a waste because I only ever carried one at a time and like you could simply make a switch through my account online or by calling customer care. Takes nothing but a few minutes and I'm up and running on new device. Don't do it man.
    2ndHalfCor likes this.
    12-30-10 02:46 PM
    When I was on AT&T I switched between an iPhone 3GS and Bold 9000. I would not add another line, it is a waste of money. Just SIM swap between the two. It only takes a minute or so to do (longer if you are starting up the BB).
    12-30-10 02:49 PM
    BB is retired...
    12-30-10 03:06 PM
    BB is retired...
    Same here, but I still have them in a drawer... somewhere.
    12-30-10 03:09 PM
    I sent my BBs to other people who needed, or wanted them. My ailing 8330 went to a fellow BB Hybrider who eventually went the Droid 2 route, because his 9550 was stolen. Then I just sold my 9550 to another CB/BB Hybrider.
    12-30-10 03:55 PM
    My blackberries are somewhere in Cinncinnati, i wouldn't add a second line. IF you are wanting Android that badly Samsung is coming out with a radioless variant of the SGS to compete with the iPod, i'd go that route. Or Archos sells android powered media players. might take some tinkering to get the market to work but it's an option.
    12-30-10 04:10 PM
    What about the iPod experience makes it a totally different listening, or navigational experience over anything else? Sound quality has many factors: DSP; headphone quality, sound file quality (encoding format, bitrate, etc). But I wonder, if something like that is coming out, how would it compare; or what would it need to have in order to sufficiently combat the longstanding iPod as king of music/media players?
    12-30-10 04:18 PM
    What about the iPod experience makes it a totally different listening, or navigational experience over anything else? Sound quality has many factors: DSP; headphone quality, sound file quality (encoding format, bitrate, etc). But I wonder, if something like that is coming out, how would it compare; or what would it need to have in order to sufficiently combat the longstanding iPod as king of music/media players?
    Cyanogen Mod Rom's have a DSP manager that allows you to tinker with the audio qualities of your device. IF Samsung can port that to their ROM i think it would work wonders for the device. I can manage my audio settings to the way i like, and not have to worry about preset set by Jobs.

How would the long standing effect have on Apple's iPod? minimal at most. I know i wouldn't sell my iPod for it. I wouldn't want 3 devices that do the same exact thing.
    12-30-10 04:23 PM
    Which iPod do you have? And what about the experience, did you like the most, or compelled you to get the device to begin with?
    12-30-10 04:47 PM
    Which iPod do you have? And what about the experience, did you like the most, or compelled you to get the device to begin with?
    I have a 3rd gen 8gig iPod touch. A few things pushed me to get it 1) I wanted something that i could listen to music on while i take the dogs for a walk, to the dog park or what have you. 2) i wanted something that i can load movies onto for my daughter (she is 13months old) to watch and keep her occupied when we are out and about, dinner for example. 3) i wanted something different than my phone for music, don't get me wrong Android does a great job with media, but i wanted something separate.

Now the odd thing plays in here. I didn't want to give ole Jobs any of my hard earned cash. SO i got on craigslist and found a lady that bought the MacBook and got a free iPod deal, well they had iPhones already so they didn't need an iPod, so they sold it to me for 100.00. I got what i wanted and didn't give Jobs any cash.
    lssanjose likes this.
    12-30-10 05:01 PM
    Just testing out my Droid 2 for now and keeping my Bold 9650 on the backburner. Thinking of selling the Bold the extra cash but Im kinda torn in between right now.
    12-30-10 05:41 PM
    I also donated all my BB's I liked them when I had them, then I went with the storm. That is where BB lost its flavor for me. I am glad BB is here, and I am glad people enjoy them. Not my flavor though, but the dump phone users that got my BB's seemed happy to have their first entry in the smart phone market be a BB.
    12-30-10 05:53 PM
    My S2 is in hibernation and will continue to be my backup device. As others have posted I would not waste the money on a second line. You can easily switch between devices online or by calling CS. I've done it numerous times in the past without a problem when switching between my Droid X and S2.
    12-30-10 06:08 PM
    My blackberry addiction ended when I sold my 9700 in April. Android does everything I need and there was no need to keep my 9700.

I do have an iPhone 4 that I only use as an ipod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 06:11 PM
    I had a Storm, nuff said...
    12-30-10 06:37 PM
    I had a Storm, nuff said...
    I had one too. I feel your pain.

12-30-10 07:04 PM
    I had both the Galaxy S and 9700 for a while but I just knew I would never touch the 9700 again so I sold it.

12-31-10 12:03 AM
    Yup... 2 BB's and a Droid

The 9700 is going soon though, as I don't use it anymore.

I can switch back and forth at will. I just keep the BB data plan active.
    This works fine on the Droid, except for MMS which I don't use much anyway.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 12-31-10 at 12:20 PM.
    12-31-10 12:17 PM
    Yup... 2 BB's and a Droid

The 9700 is going soon though, as I don't use it anymore.
    How do you like the Droid Pro? Coming from a well knowledged Blackberry user and abuser like my self?
    12-31-10 12:19 PM
    How do you like the Droid Pro? Coming from a well knowledged Blackberry user and abuser like my self?
    I love it thanks syborg, but not as much as I thought I would.

The screen, keypad, UI, build quality and apps are all amazing... but I'm really struggling with the battery life and reception.

I was hoping this could be my only device, but alas... not yet.
    12-31-10 12:54 PM
    I love it thanks syborg, but not as much as I thought I would.

The screen, keypad, UI, build quality and apps are all amazing... but I'm really struggling with the battery life and reception.

I was hoping this could be my only device, but alas... not yet.
    That's cool. I've messed with it a few times passing through BestBuy and such. I was just wondering. I see alot of FanDroid post and FanBerries post but i kinda figured you'd be honest about it.
    12-31-10 12:58 PM
    I have a BB9630 and a D1, used the D1 for a couple months then went back to my BB9630.

Only reasons, I obviously couldn't get used to the touchscreen and battery life could barely get through a day with my regular use.
    12-31-10 02:53 PM
    Just snagged myself an HTC Desire, running 2.2

Unlocked it and tossed in one of my SIMs, and it's working fine. Not sure I'm liking it all that well so far, but hey, it's only been a couple of hours!

BBs are a Storm1 and a Torch. Love 'em both.
    12-31-10 06:40 PM
    I still have my BB 9630 (VZW) which still has 6 mo left in my contract that I use for work. I can't keep my hands off my new Nexus S though.
    01-02-11 11:10 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD