I had an ATT Curve and I could add my own mp3 ringtones and they were LOUD. Sadly, when I switched to verizon and got a Curve, the same exact ringtones were noticeably quieter and this seemed to be a common problem with the Curve external speaker.

So how is the Droid's external speaker for ringtones, music, videos, etc? Thanks
    11-15-09 12:59 PM
    I use mine to make phone calls while the phone is in the Car dock. It sits behind my steering wheel, and I can hear those on the other end quite well.
    11-15-09 01:03 PM
    11-15-09 01:15 PM
    The droids speaker comes pretty close to the Moto Nextel phones which are the loudest of any cell phone out there hands down. I was very impressed at how loud it is, beats BB by a mile.
    11-15-09 02:23 PM
    The droids speaker comes pretty close to the Moto Nextel phones which are the loudest of any cell phone out there hands down. I was very impressed at how loud it is, beats BB by a mile.

you forgot to mention no distortion even at max volume
    11-15-09 06:32 PM
    never had a phone this loud before.
    11-15-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks all. Just what I wanted to hear.
    11-15-09 09:48 PM
    Sorry but I have to disagree. I am not impressed with the loudness of the speakers at all. I find myself having the volume turned up all the way on you tube videos and such. I think the storm I had was louder. It isn't quiet by any means but it isn't the loudest either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 12:03 AM
    It all depend what application your using. On videos is sound low but ok as for music/ringtone/navagation is pretty loud and on call its does good but not as loud as the Touch Pro2. I believe it does better than the Storm1 on calls.
    11-16-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD