Hi all - I'm brand new here, and apologize if I'm asking this in the wrong place or filing my question under the wrong category!

Recently, like some Passport lovers, I picked up a Unihertz Titan phone but am having some issues with keeping NetGuard running constantly. Whenever I quit the app on my Titan, or whenever I lock the phone, the app quits completely (the app stops running in the background, and the NetGuard icon and VPN icon disappear). It then needs to be restarted by reopening the app, but there isn't much use to this since it'll just quit again once the phone locks.

I also have NetGuard on a Pixel XL and this does not happen on the Pixel. I configured both using the same instructions but, when I quit the app on my Pixel, or when the phone is locked, NetGuard continues to run in the background.

Here's what I've tried to keep NetGuard alive on the Titan:

- turned off battery optimization for NetGuard in settings
    - turned on "always on VPN" for NetGuard in the phone's VPN settings (but this just shows a "VPN disconnected" notification when I either quit NetGuard or the phone locks).
    - keeping the app open, but this hasn't worked because NetGuard also quits when the phone locks.

The Titan is on the most recent update (the one that was released yesterday).

I've looked through the forums and see that a few people have installed NetGuard successfully on their Titans, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice you guys can offer!
    06-05-20 10:13 PM
    Hi all - I'm brand new here, and apologize if I'm asking this in the wrong place or filing my question under the wrong category!

Recently, like some Passport lovers, I picked up a Unihertz Titan phone but am having some issues with keeping NetGuard running constantly. Whenever I quit the app on my Titan, or whenever I lock the phone, the app quits completely (the app stops running in the background, and the NetGuard icon and VPN icon disappear). It then needs to be restarted by reopening the app, but there isn't much use to this since it'll just quit again once the phone locks.

I also have NetGuard on a Pixel XL and this does not happen on the Pixel. I configured both using the same instructions but, when I quit the app on my Pixel, or when the phone is locked, NetGuard continues to run in the background.

- turned on "always on VPN" for NetGuard in the phone's VPN settings (but this just shows a "VPN disconnected" notification when I either quit NetGuard or the phone locks).
    - keeping the app open, but this hasn't worked because NetGuard also quits when the phone locks.

I've looked through the forums and see that a few people have installed NetGuard successfully on their Titans, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out.

Make sure the app is whitelisted by Duraspeed (MediaTek bloatware imo).

Edit: And App Blocker too.
    Last edited by conite; 06-06-20 at 08:19 AM.
    Bazin and Drg84 like this.
    06-06-20 12:27 AM
    Thanks for the response, conite! Forgot to mention that I'd done that already, too.
    06-06-20 12:40 AM

You might want to check app blocker and duraspeed... I have both of these turned off... I use Net Guard and don't have any issues... I have to run it again after each update but then it seems to run all the time...
    Bazin and joydi like this.
    06-06-20 05:27 AM

Also don't run a second VPN or blocker like Blokada. That will also cause it to turn off.
    Bazin and joydi like this.
    06-06-20 07:16 AM
    Ah, perfect - turning off App Blocker fixed the problem. I never would've thought to look there in a million years so THANK YOU. NetGuard is now running as it should!
    06-06-20 01:31 PM