I just wanted to post my story and hope that it might help out some fellow crackberry member that went to upgrade to the droid, or any phone for that matter.

I joined Verizon on 12/29/08, and purchased the Blackberry storm. I was on my third storm for various issues in roughly 10 months. I've had the storm since then and have been "okay" with it, once the droid previews were leaked, launched, and I got to play with it I was hooked.

I've tried like most other people and called customer service to inquire about upgrading early. I got the same answers like most people too. " to early" "you are brand new to Verizon still" "are you running the latest software" "we can send you another storm" etc...

I figured I would do some looking online for e-mail addresses of some higher ups with verzion. I found one particular e-mail that was a VP for customer service. I made sure in the e-mail to be polite as possible, state what I was asking for, NOT DEMANDING. I made sure to make it clear that I was happy with Verizon as a service, but the storm was not an acceptable device for me anymore.

This e-mail was sent on Friday, at about 6pm. To my amazement I received an e-mail back 15 minutes later stating that he would ensure someone would call me by Monday. I took it with a grain of salt but was still amazed as this was clearly not an automated "thank you" e-mail.

Monday rolled around no call. Tuesday though I received a call from executive customer service, I was at work so I couldn't answer, the voicemail was from a very nice lady "calling on behalf of the presidents office" She gave me her Direct Line to call her back. I called her back, she was very nice and asked me what she could do ensure I was happy, I told her I wanted to upgrade early to the droid. She told me that would not be a problem as long as I upgraded over the phone, I said no problem.

So there you have it, that's how I did it. Hopefully it will help some people out. Let me also be clear on something: I know some of you are thinking, "you signed the contract you knew the terms why are trying to upgrade early" notice one thing in my story, I was never told "NO", not once ever. I e-mailed with the mindset that I will just try, I wasn't going to **** and moan till I got my way, worse that can happen is they say no.

So here's the point: Do your homework, find the right people to contact, don't keep trying to deal with 611 if they wont help you.
    Last edited by Hughett87; 11-11-09 at 06:02 PM.
    11-11-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD