View Poll Results: How well do you like your Moto Droid?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely love it

50 58.14%
  • It's a nice device

16 18.60%
  • I wouldn't buy it.

17 19.77%
  • So atrocious, I want to leave VZW because of it.

3 3.49%
11-07-09 04:32 PM
26 12
tools
    Since Storm 2 has a super-unscientific poll regarding satisfaction, how about you guys?

How satisfied with your Droid are you? Let's vote and see

Personally, I love the thing. The only issue I have is that I didn't get to play with it sooner, lol.

I'd like the volume button to be more well-built, but I'll live with that.
    11-06-09 09:27 PM
    running it for only an hour but it really is an amazing device. I will be honest. I will have to get used to a Touchscreen but this thing is fast as helll and looks real nice.

My contacts, facebook and email all synced up perfectly and email is coming in just as fast as my BB (if it is slower it's by a few seconds so it's negligible)

So far I'm seriously digging this phone....

It's actually exceeded my expectations.

Don't laugh but I actually like the keyboard : ) It's not a Tour keyboard but it works perfectly and after 30 minutes of using it I already feel comfortable with it. It's different yet good (yeah I'll catch shiat for that but o well)

A+++ so far...but I will need a couple days to really get a good feel.

Get this phone if you're on the fence..It's a GREAT device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:24 PM
    I really like the device and I would recommend it to anyone. Im a little frustrated some times but thats because its a whole new os and device. After the weekend I'm sure i like more.
    11-06-09 10:27 PM
    Love the device man , its awesome , and really fast , its what it it was advertised as and worked out perfect ! IM VERYY HAPPY
    11-06-09 10:28 PM
    This thing is awesome; and like CK said it is faaaaaaaasssssssssst
    11-06-09 10:36 PM
    If I could create a signature for my exchange account this would be the perfect phone. I love it. No, more than that, I'm amazed by it. This is what the Storm should've been last year, forget the Storm 2.I truly wish RIM could've brought this experience to a BB device.

It's not just the browser. The entire OS is simply more suited for touch than the Storm...and it still has a physical keyboard.

Sadly, unless I hear something on the sig issue or find a work around, I may have to return to the S1, much as it would. Pain me.
    11-06-09 10:49 PM
    I was really impressed with the overall speed. How's the call quality?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:50 PM
    If I could create a signature for my exchange account this would be the perfect phone. I love it. No, more than that, I'm amazed by it. This is what the Storm should've been last year, forget the Storm 2.I truly wish RIM could've brought this experience to a BB device.

It's not just the browser. The entire OS is simply more suited for touch than the Storm...and it still has a physical keyboard.

Sadly, unless I hear something on the sig issue or find a work around, I may have to return to the S1, much as it would. Pain me.
    11-06-09 10:58 PM
    My Droid Eris is so amazing....I urge current Blackberry owners to just give the Droids a try....especially the Eris. Not a big Qwerty slider guy, and the Eris will be getting Android 2.0 soon as well, so Voice Nav, etc. Not a huge deal to most, but the Droid Eris has a lightning fast 5 megapixel camera.....way faster than the MOTO and S2....press and it snaps....

I went to Verizon today to probably get the S2, and check out the Droids just to make sure. It was GAME OVER the minute I picked up the Droids....I couldn't believe what I had been missing....I am very, very....VERY Happy with my Droid....Peace...
    11-06-09 11:35 PM
    Loving mine. I used my GPS to see if it could locate me at a local high school football game tonight. In Sateilite view, it had us spot on in the stadium.

The phone is a very nice piece of hardware. My call quality has been fantastic with great signal everywhere.
    11-07-09 12:22 AM
    You are going to find there are certain things that you're going to have to do if you want your battery to last for more than 6 hours. If you are constantly having email checked every 5 mins or so, you're going to suffer because of it. I'm not going to give a tutorial to all the Android beginners because I'm tired, and there are a lot of good threads on real Android sites about what you can do. Oh, if you think you are doing yourself a favor by running a task manager, then think again. Have fun with your new shiny!
    11-07-09 12:48 AM
    My Droid Eris is so amazing....I urge current Blackberry owners to just give the Droids a try....especially the Eris. Not a big Qwerty slider guy, and the Eris will be getting Android 2.0 soon as well, so Voice Nav, etc. Not a huge deal to most, but the Droid Eris has a lightning fast 5 megapixel camera.....way faster than the MOTO and S2....press and it snaps....

I went to Verizon today to probably get the S2, and check out the Droids just to make sure. It was GAME OVER the minute I picked up the Droids....I couldn't believe what I had been missing....I am very, very....VERY Happy with my Droid....Peace...
    People are sleeping on the Eris. OMFG it loads a web page 3 seconds slower, I might have to kill myself if I have to wait that long!!!!!!!! Its getting 2.0 soon as HTC has been working on the Sense 2.0 for a couple of weeks now. Vanilla Android is boring, the widgets are lame, and if you decide you want your own Sense UI and download Open Home so you can load up all kinds of cool themes, you can expect your phone to lag like a mofo. I know VZW has put all of their eggs in the Droid basket, but at Best Buy today, a guy wanted to buy two Eris' and the salesman wouldnt even open a box to show the guy the phone, saying we only got 3 in stock. He was pushing the guy to buy the Moto, instead. Both are nice phones, but people are definitely sleeping on the Eris, its every bit as good as the droid. And the faster processor is not that noticeable. Coming from a Blackberry it is, but compare it to another Android Device and the difference is insignificant. Its not like you are going to be 3D gaming on the thing either, check out the games in the market. its not like the Iphone.
    11-07-09 12:54 AM
    People are sleeping on the Eris. OMFG it loads a web page 3 seconds slower, I might have to kill myself if I have to wait that long!!!!!!!! Its getting 2.0 soon as HTC has been working on the Sense 2.0 for a couple of weeks now. Vanilla Android is boring, the widgets are lame, and if you decide you want your own Sense UI and download Open Home so you can load up all kinds of cool themes, you can expect your phone to lag like a mofo. I know VZW has put all of their eggs in the Droid basket, but at Best Buy today, a guy wanted to buy two Eris' and the salesman wouldnt even open a box to show the guy the phone, saying we only got 3 in stock. He was pushing the guy to buy the Moto, instead. Both are nice phones, but people are definitely sleeping on the Eris, its every bit as good as the droid. And the faster processor is not that noticeable. Coming from a Blackberry it is, but compare it to another Android Device and the difference is insignificant. Its not like you are going to be 3D gaming on the thing either, check out the games in the market. its not like the Iphone.
    I picked up the moto droid and i love it. I do agree though, the eris is a nice looking phone, and i do love the look of the sense ui. I went to the store and the bigger, higher resolution screen on the moto droid is what did it for me. Reading emails and looking at website text is just plain beatiful. All of the reviews of the moto droid made the screen look dull and lifeless. I changed the wallpaper and added a few widgets, one being the flip clock and weather widget(sense ui look) and it made a world of difference. I did pick up the eris for my girlfriend though so now i have the best of both worlds, when she's not looking i can grab her phone for some sense ui lovin'
    Last edited by cian232; 11-07-09 at 08:33 AM.
    11-07-09 08:30 AM
    For the person looking for asignature for your Exchange account, check out K9 mail. I downloaded it, but haven't used it yet.

From what I've read it is the stock mail apparently, with enhancements. It supports email signatures, filing emails, etc...

I'll try it out over the weekend and let you know how it goes. Signatures are a must for me as well.
    11-07-09 11:11 AM
    This is defintly the iphone killer.

Aboslutely love this phone its faster than my computer. I do miss my tour keyboard but ill get use to the droid keyboard.

Want to see some new themes from it tho like the storm has (berryslider,etc) only thing I don't dig is the stupid alien when your on the phone but that's it. Everyone needs to dump bb for this phone.
    11-07-09 12:07 PM
    And the charger cable could be a little longer. To short IMO
    11-07-09 12:28 PM
    Not sure about this being an iPhone killer... of course the device that comes after will have better stats, but it won't be and even Google reps say it won't be. Although their commercials is aimed at the iPhone, they're saying BB and Palm killer. You can tell by looking at those who post here about buying the device... most aren't coming from an iPhone (I haven't seen one although I'm sure there are).
    11-07-09 12:34 PM

You would return your phone, because you would have to type your name? Wow....
    11-07-09 12:37 PM
    You would return your phone, because you would have to type your name? Wow....
    I'm going to jump in here risk being flamed. I need a signature for work (my employer requires it), and it's pretty darn long and I certainly wouldn't want to type it every time.
    11-07-09 01:13 PM
    It's a decent phone. If the iphone was coming to VZW then I would return the phone in a heartbeat. The e-mail is spotty if you don't have a gmail account. I can't comment how well exchange works since I am not currently using it. This phone definitely isn't an iphone killer. It is far more suited for the consumer market than anything BB has ever offered. If i had to rely on my e-mail to put food on the table I think I would stay with BB.
    11-07-09 01:25 PM
    I'm going to jump in here risk being flamed. I need a signature for work (my employer requires it), and it's pretty darn long and I certainly wouldn't want to type it every time.
    Until you figure out how to create a signature, you culd create an auto-text rule with your signature in it. Make the rule 3 or 4 letters, and then you wont have to type the whole thing out every time.
    11-07-09 03:22 PM
    You gotta be kidding me... there are actually 2 people out there that voted for "So atrocious, I want to leave VZW because of it"???? I'm sorry but I want to find them and slap them. You don't deserve a cell phone, lol.

This is the iPhone Killer, or, the best competitor for it to date! To me having the full qwerty slide-out is what puts it on the top of the iPhone. Touchscreen virtual keyboards just aren't practical. I can't imagine someone owning an iPhone for business use. How can you get things done that way? And all the young adults, how do you type texts and e-mails that way? I've already tried using the virtual keyboard on my Droid and it's impossible, I have to slide out the Qwerty.

This device does everything and it's just awesome all around!
    11-07-09 03:46 PM
    Man, this is killing me, having to wait until Monday, for my Droid to come. I don't even care about football tomorrow. Is that even possible? C'MON MONDAY!
    11-07-09 03:56 PM
    i currently have S1 -n- iphone 3gs; after reading on it and playing with it for 10mins at vz store, i can deff. say that this will be my nxt phone...
    11-07-09 04:17 PM
    Some people are either really pathetic, or really lazy.
    I've come to believe that you're either in high school, or you're a very, very bitter man. All of your posts are nasty, mean-spirited and hypercritical.

Back on topic: you might not be aware of this, but in the real world, where many of us earn our money to be able to afford nifty new phones, many fields of practice require lengthy sig disclaimers, waivers, exclusions, etc. I'm thinking about attorneys (or for that matter anyone who works for a law firm and sends email on its behalf or through its servers), CPAs, pretty much anyone licensed by FINRA or employed by a brokerage house, investment management firm and the like, certain bank employees... the list goes on. So no, some people aren't really lazy: some people have jobs in fields with certain requirements that, hopefully, can be met by the Android devices.

Now you can flame me.
    11-07-09 04:31 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD