What is the easiest way to get my contacts from my storm to my droid (arrives tomorrow)

Thanks
    12-17-09 06:53 AM
    hey now thats a good question. I'm glad you thought of it before mine gets here later today and out of pure excitement I just take out the card and throw the storm against the wall
    12-17-09 07:16 AM
    Here is what I did. I have a gmail acct. Went into and wiped out all the contacts I didn't want on the phone. Then Syncd the BB with Outlook on PC. Export my contacts to a .csv file. Imported the .csv file to my gmail contact list. Cleaned up the list in gmail and poof synced to the phone.

Hope it helps.

And welcome to the DROID!!!

Also there is an app called delete contacts that will delete all the contacts at once on the phone. Good to have if you make any mistakes.
    12-17-09 07:19 AM
    is the droid not able to just import the csv file directly to the phone?

any chance of just sending them via bluetooth?
    12-17-09 07:29 AM
    I believe so I just run it through gmail that way it is constantly syncing.

Here is the app seems like some work though:
    Contacts Importer v1.0.0 Application for Android | Productivity
    Last edited by spaciorek; 12-17-09 at 07:38 AM.
    12-17-09 07:29 AM
    Create a gmail account, and then install the Google Sync app on your Storm. Run it, and it will backup all your contacts to your gmail account. Once you activate your Droid, the contacts from gmail will automatically sync with it.
    12-17-09 08:46 AM
    Here is what I did. I have a gmail acct. Went into and wiped out all the contacts I didn't want on the phone. Then Syncd the BB with Outlook on PC. Export my contacts to a .csv file. Imported the .csv file to my gmail contact list. Cleaned up the list in gmail and poof synced to the phone.

Hope it helps.

And welcome to the DROID!!!

Also there is an app called delete contacts that will delete all the contacts at once on the phone. Good to have if you make any mistakes.
    I did all this cept, I just made a CSV. cause I had the verizon contacts backup, so before my old non-smart-phone plan was canceled, just took the csv. and synced it using google.... It's very nice if you have to wipe your phone...
    12-17-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD