Yah its stock battery. If you have a ton of things running in background (like twitter with notifications using frequent intervals) you will get less, but I get pretty good life out of this thing. If you don't get a full day with "Moderate" or "typical business day use" then there is usually an app running in the background, or an app polling for updates too much (like twitter ect).
    I do not have a twitter account, and my facebook account I rarely check on it. As a matter of fact, I turned off all the email notifications for it.

I use my BB primarily as texting, email, and phone using machine; thats why I think a DX may be overkill for me. The application that is always running on my phone is WeatherBug.
    07-05-10 10:23 PM
    I do not have a twitter account, and my facebook account I rarely check on it. As a matter of fact, I turned off all the email notifications for it.

I use my BB primarily as texting, email, and phone using machine; thats why I think a DX may be overkill for me. The application that is always running on my phone is WeatherBug.
    Thats primarily what I use it for as well. I use it for business mostly, but I also enjoy having the other part there as well, in addition to having a ton more options and flexibility. I have twitter with a 1 hour poll, and facebook on the phone as well. Once you get used to the switch, its hard to imagine going back (I also tried the iPhone for a few weeks and did not like it).

I'd keep researching and check out the DX in store and read reviews online before making a decision. Personally, the DX is too large to me (and the Evo as well). I think the N1 or a 3.5" device is about perfect for a full screen phone which is also comfortable to both hold and place in pocket.
    07-05-10 10:27 PM
    Thats primarily what I use it for as well. I use it for business mostly, but I also enjoy having the other part there as well, in addition to having a ton more options and flexibility. I have twitter with a 1 hour poll, and facebook on the phone as well. Once you get used to the switch, its hard to imagine going back (I also tried the iPhone for a few weeks and did not like it).

I'd keep researching and check out the DX in store and read reviews online before making a decision. Personally, the DX is too large to me (and the Evo as well). I think the N1 or a 3.5" device is about perfect for a full screen phone which is also comfortable to both hold and place in pocket.
    Actually gonna stop by the local VZW store tomorrow and see if they have any demo DX's in or are going to have any to play around with.
    07-05-10 10:35 PM
    Again you are talking about POP mail and other obscure email services. GMail is indeed push on a BB and is instantaneous. Any time I buy an app or sign up for a forum, I get the email on my BB through GMail, usually before the page is done loading on my PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am just pulling stuff from RIM's site. I am not invested in researching BIS. If you want the truth, you can read for yourself. Maybe after all the Blackberry email outages they were able to upgrade their servers yes? So generic free email is pushed? And it is only email like my student account that would still be pulled every 15 minutes. Comcast email client, those kinds of email don't get pushed. OK, I see you may have a point (partly.)

My Blackberry NEVER beat my PC getting email. Of course my PC has a quad core, and premium high speed Internet, so my web pages and email are Instant, where my BB would have a "delay." I can see how it would be quicker though if your Internet connection loaded web pages slow.

Carry on sir.
    07-06-10 08:26 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD