Lol, go ahead and try to be little me. I know who I am. Do you know who you are? Heck, does anyone really know who you are? Or are you that little invisible kid. Its cool, I always say hi to people like that in RL out of sympathy.
    There you go again playing your high and mighty crap. Knock it off. Seriously. You come across like whiny preteen girl and it is getting old. You can't handle any time someone actually argues against you.

Prove the fan boy status. It just keeps getting better. You can't argue on merrit so you've turned this thread into a pissing match. Guess what. Mine's Bigger.

You all love this thread when it was bashing the Droid. Now that people have argued the other way, it is somehow inappropriate. Go cry to your mods so you can get it closed now before you make an even bigger *** of yourself and "t.h.e council". Geh.
    10-19-09 03:09 AM
    "If you think that RIM can survive(or thrive for shareholders) on the business market alone now, you are sorely mistaken. There is a reason companies market to consumers--it pays. RIM built its reputation on business, but that can't last forever. I've used their devices for 5 or 6 years but there is a damn good chance that will end soon. "

i agree RIM needs to head in a better direction that it has been following the past few years but there is no way a multinational company in information technologies is just gonna bomb like that, especially when it holds so much of the market share already.

Also, you could try to think of it as why are companies marketing to consumers? Because blackerries already have the business market. with high menu costs, businesses can become locked into using blackberries. thus making the business market difficult to enter. a firm thoroughly utilizing a BES and all blackberry communication features as a backbone to their own firm's communication is not going to drop what they have and change it to iPhone when it first came out just because its better. there are a lot of barriers to entry to a business market. so its the wiser decision to target the more volatile everyday consumer market, form a stable foundation, then move from there. I'm not saying that this is exactly what happened but it is a plausible situation.

look at microsoft. not a perfect parallel but look what happened in the past decade. there was windows xp everyone was happy with that (well most) then visit came out and it was an absolute failure. microsoft takes its losses and learns from it and is now going to release windows 7 and from my experience with the betas, it is a whole new world.

give BB time they just have to adjust
    10-19-09 03:58 AM
    I agree with most on here. I dont need the flashy android OS. IF it works fast and solid then power to it. The BB os is dated LOOKING but it does function extremely well and integrates things well. Sometimes simpler is better. I dont have experience using the droid OS so I am going by what you guys say.

I do like the idea of the S2 screen and the feedback and possibilities it allows. Being able to select then click is very nice and the supposed new typing ability is attractive. However, the S2 screen seems to fall short in size and resolution but not by much, and is that really a deciding factor? To some maybe but to me, probably not.
    Unlike some folks that want to do everything on their smartphone (basically have the smartphone replace their laptoip/notebook/netbook/etc), I don't need (or even want) a smartphone that does all that. I like the original Storm because of SurePress (even though it could stand improvement, which the Storm2 does). I also don't need hundreds of apps; I just want the apps I need to work when I call on them. I also want *reliable* sync with my PC (and especially with Windows 7), and there are only two real options there - BlackBerry or Windows Phone. I have no need (or interest) in doing a ton of texting from a smartphone. Occaisional texting/e-mail, yes; however, I'd still much rather use computers for that. The Storm is a basic (and inexpensive) smartphone that does everything I need a phone to do, without burdening me with capabilites and features I won't use. If I need a bigger screen for e-mail, that's what netbooks (or even legacy laptops in the netbook role) are for; even netbooks have larger screens than any smartphone (even the iPhone), not to mention more (and more usable and familiar) real applications; I can run OpenOffice (or even Microsoft Office) on a netbook (or even a legacy laptop).

The biggest reason I like the S1 (and the forthcoming S2)? The price. The S1 and S2 are the least-expensive touch-screen smartphones (and among the least-expensive touch-screen phones period) from VZW (and the places I go have rock-solid 3G coverage, without roaming, on VZW's network, which often is not the case with other national carriers; the 3G coverage is there if I need it). However, the big reason I like VZW's network is because of the voice (not data) coverage; as good as the data coverage is, the voice coverage is even better.

Lastly, there's that Wifi option of the Storm 2 (which the S1 lacks). Just about anywhere I would want (or need) data coverage, wireless is a lot cheaper than a data plan (in most cases, the wireless is free, such as libraries, bookstores, coffee shops, etc.). Given Wifi, especially free Wifi, what do I need a data plan for except as a backstop?

Not one Andriod-based phone can compete with the S2 (let alone the S1) on price, features, and sync with Windows (in fact, can an Android-bassed phone even sync with Windows 7?).
    10-19-09 06:27 AM
    Wow it comes with a charging cradle. The cradle let's u play your media, use as a clock and displays current local weather. I'm hearing it is thinner the s2 and just a tad thicker then iphone. This phone rocks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 06:41 AM
    There you go again playing your high and mighty crap. Knock it off. Seriously. You come across like whiny preteen girl and it is getting old. You can't handle any time someone actually argues against you.

Prove the fan boy status. It just keeps getting better. You can't argue on merrit so you've turned this thread into a pissing match. Guess what. Mine's Bigger.

You all love this thread when it was bashing the Droid. Now that people have argued the other way, it is somehow inappropriate. Go cry to your mods so you can get it closed now before you make an even bigger *** of yourself and "t.h.e council". Geh.
    100% Agree.

I love BlackBerry, but I know they are not the best phones out there anymore. This was a great site but now there's too many ignorant followers who post their blind support. And, when it doesn't work or someone replies with logical responses their replies turn into personal attacks.

It's more amusing than informational these days with these types of folks here. This is particularly directed to the self appointed self-righteous BlackBerry "gurus". I mean, really?
    10-19-09 07:07 AM
    Okay Im up on the fence about the Storm2 and Droid...Currently I have the first storm..I have a couple of questions about the Droid..How is the push email, is it just for Gmail? How is the Instant Messaging on this phone? And where can i find more info on this phone?
    10-19-09 07:13 AM
    Okay Im up on the fence about the Storm2 and Droid...Currently I have the first storm..I have a couple of questions about the Droid..How is the push email, is it just for Gmail? How is the Instant Messaging on this phone? And where can i find more info on this phone?
    Not really sure this phone is under tight lips. Check out howard forums or bgr.

10-19-09 07:29 AM
    i like how more people are interested in the droid (and bashing/praising the iphone) than are actually interested in the Storm 2

RIM had it's chance and failed with the Storm 1--now, it's Droids show
    10-19-09 07:34 AM

bwahahahaahahahahaha I LOVE it!!!!!
    10-19-09 07:53 AM
    loving what the droid has to offer...i am getting it...i am due for an upgrade but if i wasn't i'd probably save up for it anyway
    10-19-09 08:00 AM
    Yeah, see im lucky , i have my 30 days , to swich to the droid or storm 2 , which ever comes first , ( storm2) , then i have 2 other lines with upgrades lol so i get the storm2 also , and then with my last upgrade i will save it for either the pre or iphone LTE

doubt there will be an iphone lte or iphone at all on verizon for a while because the iDont commercials and the theres a map for that its kind of hitting apple as well right in the face but hey I LIKE IT i love apple ( ipods and macbook pros, imacs) just not so much on the iphone. its just that when does a phone become more of a toy. i know some apps are useful but who reallly needs all of them its starting to get ridiculous and if you have a wifi connection (just about anywhere now) you can just get an ipod touch and save your money with a one time fee. sorry im rambling on but i really thing like bgr said the droid, sholes is going to give the iphone a nice run for its money, just kinda not liking that chin it has its like jay leno
    10-19-09 08:33 AM
    I had no idea while i was reading the new info on the driod that it was a slider!!! Personally to me I like to type in portrait view a lot of the times, and i love the suretype keys for the BB Storm. Does this thing have an alternate touchscreen keyboard for portrait view?

I learned to type very fast on my storm with very little errors, and with the S2 having an even better touchscreen mechanism then the S1, there is no way I am going to a slider phone over full touchscreen typing!

I don't care about any android OS because from what i see with the S2 and from Sal's videos. the BB OS is very smooth and will only be getting better over time, as we all know from the leaks that we so treasure when they come out.
    10-19-09 08:37 AM
    by next summer i think if i dont get the storm 2 or another blackberry thats when i will switch to one again because the browser is getting an overhaul and they have apples guy that does the graphics orwhatever so the OS is going to be eye candy right now it just needs to be able to work and that is what RIM is trying to do make it manage memory give it features it should have had for 2 years threaded sms and storm only but flick scrolling and be very snappy on all devices not just some
    10-19-09 08:45 AM
    Unlike some folks that want to do everything on their smartphone (basically have the smartphone replace their laptoip/notebook/netbook/etc), I don't need (or even want) a smartphone that does all that. I like the original Storm because of SurePress (even though it could stand improvement, which the Storm2 does). I also don't need hundreds of apps; I just want the apps I need to work when I call on them. I also want *reliable* sync with my PC (and especially with Windows 7), and there are only two real options there - BlackBerry or Windows Phone. I have no need (or interest) in doing a ton of texting from a smartphone. Occaisional texting/e-mail, yes; however, I'd still much rather use computers for that. The Storm is a basic (and inexpensive) smartphone that does everything I need a phone to do, without burdening me with capabilites and features I won't use. If I need a bigger screen for e-mail, that's what netbooks (or even legacy laptops in the netbook role) are for; even netbooks have larger screens than any smartphone (even the iPhone), not to mention more (and more usable and familiar) real applications; I can run OpenOffice (or even Microsoft Office) on a netbook (or even a legacy laptop).

The biggest reason I like the S1 (and the forthcoming S2)? The price. The S1 and S2 are the least-expensive touch-screen smartphones (and among the least-expensive touch-screen phones period) from VZW (and the places I go have rock-solid 3G coverage, without roaming, on VZW's network, which often is not the case with other national carriers; the 3G coverage is there if I need it). However, the big reason I like VZW's network is because of the voice (not data) coverage; as good as the data coverage is, the voice coverage is even better.

Lastly, there's that Wifi option of the Storm 2 (which the S1 lacks). Just about anywhere I would want (or need) data coverage, wireless is a lot cheaper than a data plan (in most cases, the wireless is free, such as libraries, bookstores, coffee shops, etc.). Given Wifi, especially free Wifi, what do I need a data plan for except as a backstop?

Not one Andriod-based phone can compete with the S2 (let alone the S1) on price, features, and sync with Windows (in fact, can an Android-bassed phone even sync with Windows 7?).
    I like your comments. Just one thing re: wifi - if you're interested in buying a Storm2 through VZW, then you'll have to buy a data plan whatever. That's my understanding, anyway. Wifi is still very useful, especialy in buildings etc. but it doesn't mean that you'll necessarily save money.

Your points about a reliable sync make a lot of sense - BB sync software is good, although the only other handsets I've used are Nokia and SE, and they both had horrible synchronisation apps - and I also agree that VZW standard call coverage is very important. I am not bashing the iPhone (I only do that with my Apple-friendly friends to wind them up) or AT&T, but I know many people who jumped on AT&T here in ATL for the 3G/3GS, and they never have any regular GSM coverage, let alone 3G.

Funny, as AT&T are based here (I think).
    Last edited by dancingcrab; 10-19-09 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Grammar
    10-19-09 08:46 AM
    I had no idea while i was reading the new info on the driod that it was a slider!!! Personally to me I like to type in portrait view a lot of the times, and i love the suretype keys for the BB Storm. Does this thing have an alternate touchscreen keyboard for portrait view?

I learned to type very fast on my storm with very little errors, and with the S2 having an even better touchscreen mechanism then the S1, there is no way I am going to a slider phone over full touchscreen typing!

I don't care about any android OS because from what i see with the S2 and from Sal's videos. the BB OS is very smooth and will only be getting better over time, as we all know from the leaks that we so treasure when they come out.
    Guess what? The Droid is only slightly thicker than the iPhone and it has a slider keyboard.

Guess what? Since Android is open source, you can just run an app that will let you run a keyboard on the screen.

Guess what? Droid is coming out on November 1st - probably even before Storm2 makes it to stores.

Guess what? Storm 2 is old news and dead.

I was going to get the storm 2 but now that I've seen all that Droid can do and how Verizon themselves look to be backing Droid harder than they are backing the Storm 2: I am definitely getting a Droid.
    10-19-09 08:48 AM
    @ Valace2

Let me guess.... you're the guy with the Blackberry logo stamped on his forehead. Correct?

You and your little self-proclaimed intellectual "card storm" buddy should really get passed that fanboyism. I believe it is a serious disease which needs immediate medical attention.
    Rofl you would post this after I go to bed.

What is the name of this site?

Better yet what is the name of this forum?

So a person comes to Crackberry, goes into the forums to read about the Storm 2, and then walks into a thread like this.

Tell me why I shouldn't be irked by that? I tell my customers to come to Crackberry.com... not androidcentral. If I had wanted them to read about the Droid I would have told them to go to Androidcentral. I want my customers to be able to learn about blackberries not suffer through infomercials on the Iphone and Droid phones.

If you want to read about hemorrhoid phones please go here www.androidcentral.com

See where I am going with this... I mean really.
    10-19-09 09:08 AM
    Rofl you would post this after I go to bed.

What is the name of this site?

Better yet what is the name of this forum?

So a person comes to Crackberry, goes into the forums to read about the Storm 2, and then walks into a thread like this.

Tell me why I shouldn't be irked by that? I tell my customers to come to Crackberry.com... not androidcentral. If I had wanted them to read about the Droid I would have told them to go to Androidcentral. I want my customers to be able to learn about blackberries not suffer through infomercials on the Iphone and Droid phones.

If you want to read about hemorrhoid phones please go here www.androidcentral.com

See where I am going with this... I mean really.

SOO basicaly you want your customers to only learn about Blackberry's and be ignorant of the competition?

This is not only about the Droid, its about comparing the Droid to the much anticipated Blackberry Storm2. What kind of site are we on? Crackberry? Kinda sounds like Blackberry, which is one of the devices we are talking about. See where I am going with this... I mean really.
    10-19-09 09:18 AM
    You know, those new BGR pics of the Verizon Droid phone look pretty good. You guys with Verizon should be happy, you'll finally have a nice choice of handsets. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

I'd still take the S2.
    10-19-09 09:23 AM
    Yeah, sure you can argue that the Droid OS is alot flashier, but the OS on the Odin is fast, and thats all that matters to me. I see no slowness in the reviews and everything seems smooth. Thats all I ever wanted was a quick snappy smooth OS. with cool smart phone capabilities.

Thats it.

IM getting S2 because of the screen. Bottom line.
    The question is whether the S2 that will be out officially is just as fast as the ones we have seen in the videos that are posted up...and also will it still be fast once you have your apps loaded up on it.

Having had an Android device myself..i had the HTC Magic back in May, was a voda exclusive it looked pretty good so i picked one up...yeh sure the first few weeks i loved it and my Bold didnt get much use out of it...then after say about 3 weeks i went back to my Bold and my Magic sat there gathering dust...ive sold it now but it wasnt meant to be...personally as much as i hate to say this i preferred the iphone over it...i found the Magic slow and sluggish and the more apps you put on it the slower it got...it had 1.6 of Android running on it but the specs hardware wise werent that great. Also i found the OS to be a bit immature.

Perhaps Android 2.0 is better but i wont get one unless they really come up with something amazing...think ill stick with my BB in all honesty...the Android is a nice OS but it just didnt wow me that much.
    10-19-09 09:27 AM
    Just read this review, Motorola Droid hands on! : Boy Genius Report ,
    and i think I'm going to check this phone out. Looks great, sounds fast, worth a shot.
    10-19-09 09:32 AM
    ACK!
    looks great?
    i think it's ugly!
    they say that the keyboard design is still up in the air.
    If it looks better than I'm down.
    I love the specs but I just can't live with a phone so ugly.
    Def. gonna give it a try
    10-19-09 09:34 AM
    Yeah, see im lucky , i have my 30 days , to swich to the droid or storm 2 , which ever comes first , ( storm2) , then i have 2 other lines with upgrades lol so i get the storm2 also , and then with my last upgrade i will save it for either the pre or iphone LTE
    Iphone aint coming to VZW bud
    10-19-09 09:35 AM
    The Dragon or the HD2? it's supposed to be awhile for the dragon but the HD2 is out now in europe and comes here in Q1 2010

Yeah but T-Mo and then AT&T next...............
    Thats alright u know by the end of next year VZW will have something
    10-19-09 09:40 AM
    Yeah, sure you can argue that the Droid OS is alot flashier, but the OS on the Odin is fast, and thats all that matters to me. I see no slowness in the reviews and everything seems smooth. Thats all I ever wanted was a quick snappy smooth OS. with cool smart phone capabilities.

Thats it.

IM getting S2 because of the screen. Bottom line.
    It's gotta be the click screen; if thats the case I feel u.
    10-19-09 09:42 AM
    i actually meant everything about the screen, from the integrated buttons to the haptic feedback.

And the size illusion.

beleive it or not but im so sick of these buttons on the s1.
    LOL! That's what SHE said!
    She has very small hands.........
    Ohhhhhh the click I gotta have that click its soooooooo
    10-19-09 09:55 AM
235 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD