Why is this thread here? Isn't there an Android forum?

If not I am going to start up a Droid vs Storm2 vs upcoming Storm3 vs pizza oven thread.

I don't need people to tell me how good other phones are before the phone I really want is even out.

If you like the "droid" there is an app for that and also a website.
    10-19-09 12:36 AM

If not I am going to start up a Droid vs Storm2 vs upcoming Storm3 vs pizza oven thread.

I don't need people to tell me how good other phones are before the phone I really want is even out.

The thread is here because the OP asked for a comparison between the Storm 2 (this forum's phone) and an Android device.

But I forgot the part where somebody forced you to click on this thread, right?
    10-19-09 12:40 AM
    Ahh... this thread just further proves Card Storm is the worst poster on these forums. Must be nice to have tunnel vision, though.
    What happened to your Iphone troll? Think switching your device to a Bold is going to make a difference?
    10-19-09 12:40 AM
    Says the phanbpoi.

I seriously hope you are joking/sarcastic with your replies. Please tell me you are.

I am a die hard bb fan, but they need to get their ****os together, and they need to do it quick. With the iphone and others encroaching on the business end, RIMM is definitely counting on making headway into the consumer market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All he has is tunnel vision. I actually think he works for RIM and they pay him to goto every phone website and defend their products for 8 hours a day.

Either that or he's the biggest tool ever.
    10-19-09 12:41 AM
    The thread is here because the OP asked for a comparison between the Storm 2 (this forum's phone) and an Android device.

But I forgot the part where somebody forced you to click on this thread, right?
    No one forced me to come into this thread troll.

I was stating my opinion. I did not have to open this thread but I did see it as I was looking for something better to read.

Would you like to read my Storm 2 vs the Pizza oven thread?
    10-19-09 12:41 AM
    What happened to your Iphone troll? Think switching your device to a Bold is going to make a difference?
    Let me change it to reflect all devices I use. I thought I'd stop the haters who are jealous from attacking me, but what do you expect in a forum full of children.
    10-19-09 12:42 AM

Is this only about the android phone? no. Was your post useless? yes.
    There are a pages of good information, idea swapping and coversation in this thread minus a couple people. Much more useful then your being right now.
    10-19-09 12:42 AM
    No one forced me to come into this thread troll.

I was stating my opinion. I did not have to open this thread but I did see it as I was looking for something better to read.

Would you like to read my Storm 2 vs the Pizza oven thread?
    And I stated mine.
    10-19-09 12:43 AM
    Is this only about the android phone? no. Was your post useless? yes.
    There are a pages of good information, idea swapping and coversation in this thread minus a couple people. Much more useful then your being right now.
    Who said my intention was to be useful? I never did.
    10-19-09 12:44 AM
    Who said my intention was to be useful? I never did.
    haha touche
    10-19-09 12:44 AM
    well now I don't know what to do... I am very confused... I wanted just a touch screen phone for media and social networking and I was fine with the storm2 when it came out but well now this thing comes along...yeah i hate the fact that its a touch screen phone with a keyboard...do you think you can have a virtual keyboard in landscape mode instead of the physical keyboard? I am just really confused now and dont know what to do I think right now im 50-50 on which one to get
    10-19-09 12:45 AM
    The Pizza Oven wins because well it makes pizza. The Storm 2 can't do that.

Can an Android phone do that? I bet it can.

Enlighten me, how much better are the android phones than our old crusty Blackberries? Same old non touch oriented UI right Jeff. Same old tired menu systems. Same old tired shape.

An yes you still have to click the screen. Man that sucks.

I came into this thread because I am tired of hearing people talk about how other devices are better than Blackberries. If its not this phone its that phone.

How are the Droid phones better than the S2. Just look at my answers above.
    10-19-09 12:49 AM
    Don't get your panties in a bunch cause people are discussing android and how it relates to the storm, after all this is a bigger deal than bb zealots make it out to be and it deserves to be talked about

10-19-09 12:49 AM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/

The place where you can learn all about the uber cool in fashion "droid" phones.
    10-19-09 12:54 AM
    BGR just posted a hands on for the verizon droid. check it out
    10-19-09 12:58 AM
    I understand you guys want to talk about droid, but its starting to turn into a droid focused forum. Who the fck cares what the droid has to do with the s2. People are over dramatic about this whole droid s2 thing.

Droid got a commercial. Woopty fckin doo, so does any other new phone.

I bet you anything verizon will debut the s2 along with the new curve, and htc like other threads have said.

Both phones are on verizon, who cares which one you think is better. Does CB need a freakin droid forum now?
    10-19-09 01:04 AM
    I did, its not that detailed yet, but provides decent pictures. I will be excited when a video of it is released.

These two phones really seem like a toss up and user preference. S2, simpler OS and gets the job done. From videos, it looks like it gets the job very well. Android, more modern way of getting the job done, maybe not better just more modern, with more flash, if it works like it is supposed to.
    10-19-09 01:09 AM
    I understand you guys want to talk about droid, but its starting to turn into a droid focused forum. Who the fck cares what the droid has to do with the s2. People are over dramatic about this whole droid s2 thing.

Droid got a commercial. Woopty fckin doo, so does any other new phone.

I bet you anything verizon will debut the s2 along with the new curve, and htc like other threads have said.

Both phones are on verizon, who cares which one you think is better. Does CB need a freakin droid forum now?

I'm pretty sure this is a thread within a forum. People are talking about the two..... sounds like your taking this personal. Maybe you need an Avis rental health day.
    10-19-09 01:11 AM
    Lol I find it to be funny the storm faithful can't handle a civil discussion without complaining it isn't blackberry related.

Get over it

10-19-09 01:12 AM
    Lol I find it to be funny the storm faithful can't handle a civil discussion without complaining it isn't blackberry related.

Get over it

I went back an read several pages of this thread and yes this thread has some merit.

What I find confusing is why those people that are saying they will be leaving for whichever Droid phone makes it to the shelves first are still doing here.

http://www.androidcentral.com/

Don't let the door hit ya in the asss on the way out. You have made your choice and I respect that. I am not going to force my opinion on anyone. I am not going to Androidcentral and starting up threads on why the Storm 2 is better than any Droid phone out there.

Its starting all over again. With the S1 it was the Iphone, with the S2 its going to be whichever Droid phone gets out first.

Why don't the Droid fans and the Iphone fans get together and sort out who's nuts are larger.
    10-19-09 01:19 AM
    It didnt seem like that too many people said they were hands down abandoning BB. Just that since the release dates are going to be close together and the phones are competitive goods they will try both. Which is what I will do and I think thats the smartest thing to do if your curious. I have never used and android phone and want to see what its all about since Verizon makes it so easy to change devices within 30 days. Am I still leaning towards S2? Yep.
    10-19-09 01:31 AM
    @ Valace2

Let me guess.... you're the guy with the Blackberry logo stamped on his forehead. Correct?

You and your little self-proclaimed intellectual "card storm" buddy should really get passed that fanboyism. I believe it is a serious disease which needs immediate medical attention.
    10-19-09 01:31 AM
    It's going to be even worse this time around cause android is actually going to be on vzw and all those who swear by the network will be giving it a serious one over. As a previous storm owner it was the only decent phone they had on vzw and now they have the storm 2 (I had 5.0 so the only differences are physical ones) while the droid is coming and blowing expectations out the water, and other touchscreen phones as well

you'll never get these discussion in physical qwerty models like the bold but they'll be all day long cause the storm is in DIRECT competition with these models

10-19-09 01:35 AM
    @ Valace2

Let me guess.... you're the guy with the Blackberry logo stamped on his forehead. Correct?

You and your little self-proclaimed intellectual "card storm" buddy should really get passed that fanboyism. I believe it is a serious disease which needs immediate medical attention.
    Lol, go ahead and try to be little me. I know who I am. Do you know who you are? Heck, does anyone really know who you are? Or are you that little invisible kid. Its cool, I always say hi to people like that in RL out of sympathy.
    10-19-09 01:40 AM
    Like I've said if you love phones and advancement in technology you will try both phones and base your decision off what is good for them. Everybody right now is talking like they have a Storm2 in their hands when in actuality everyone is basing their opinions off videos and other people's experience. The Storm2 could be a bad phone, the Droid could be a bad phone. Competition is good, The Droid has a lot to prove so its the newcomer against the Storm in which the Storm had its chance and In who you ask varies between they blew it or it did very well for them.

10-19-09 02:52 AM
235 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD