and this is why, i highly doubt you will ever see a storm v3

phones have caught up...if not android, then palm webos..and if not palm OS, then the iphone will come to verizon

Blackberry will continue to dominate the corporate world but as for smart phones, the storm 2 im betting will be the last edition
    I doubt that..............
    10-19-09 10:05 AM
    After having the S1 since the day it was released, it has been nothing but a dissapointment. New firmware made it much better, but it's still buggy as ****. It's gone completely against what a BB should be -- efficient. The S2 will be the best phone of 2008 but the Droid appears to be what a smart phone should be -- quick, ergonomic, user friendly, customizable, with great hardware and software. I'm sure a lot of people will like the S2 but I'm afraid that it will suffer from many of the same problems as the S1 and just have a new click to try to make up for it.
    10-19-09 12:08 PM
    After having the S1 since the day it was released, it has been nothing but a dissapointment. New firmware made it much better, but it's still buggy as ****. It's gone completely against what a BB should be -- efficient. The S2 will be the best phone of 2008 but the Droid appears to be what a smart phone should be -- quick, ergonomic, user friendly, customizable, with great hardware and software. I'm sure a lot of people will like the S2 but I'm afraid that it will suffer from many of the same problems as the S1 and just have a new click to try to make up for it.

I really hope your wrong about the S2, I really hope the 5.0 OS has the bugs figured out or else RIM may see people jumping ship within the 30 days Verizon gives. (This is not meant as a slight to you, I agree with you but hope its wrong lol)
    10-19-09 12:26 PM
    I really hope your wrong about the S2, I really hope the 5.0 OS has the bugs figured out or else RIM may see people jumping ship within the 30 days Verizon gives. (This is not meant as a slight to you, I agree with you but hope its wrong lol)
    No offense taken. I'm not a BB hater, but you know a device isn't very good (S1) when you find yourself longing for the "inferior" (Curve 8330) device you sold on Ebay to help pay for your new purchase. I hope I'm wrong about S2 too, but it just seems like it's too little, too late. And honestly, if you take away the clicking screen, what advantages to the average non-business oriented consumer would the S2 have over the Droid (assuming the Droid works as it will be advertised)?
    10-19-09 12:59 PM
    Rofl you would post this after I go to bed.

What is the name of this site?

Better yet what is the name of this forum?

So a person comes to Crackberry, goes into the forums to read about the Storm 2, and then walks into a thread like this.

Tell me why I shouldn't be irked by that? I tell my customers to come to Crackberry.com... not androidcentral. If I had wanted them to read about the Droid I would have told them to go to Androidcentral. I want my customers to be able to learn about blackberries not suffer through infomercials on the Iphone and Droid phones.

If you want to read about hemorrhoid phones please go here www.androidcentral.com

See where I am going with this... I mean really.
    Who pissed in your cornflakes?? IT's totally appropriate when discussing a phone to mention other brands, as a way of comparing what's good and bad about any particular unit--nothing is sold in a vacuum. Anyone who comes here purportedly is interested in BB's and that doesn't preclude them from also being interested in how a BB stacks up against it's competitors. CHILL OUT!!
    10-19-09 01:03 PM
    The more I am reading about the droid the more interesting it does become.
    Not at all sure about the os though.
    One thing I will say for bb is you can link pretty much any email address to it and have that push. That is a feature I like about BB
    10-19-09 01:09 PM
    So far, it seems the phone will feature an Arm Cortex A8 processor running at 600 MHz, a 3,7 inch screen capable of a 854�480 resolution, Android 2.0 Eclair with flash support. Other rumored specs are a secondary 430Mhz processor that will deal with the images and a PowerVR SGX 530 GPU for graphic power. Find me a smartphone fan that is not at least

Motorola Android Phone (aka Sholes aka Droid aka Tao) For Verizon Coming Out On December 1? – SoftSailor
    10-19-09 01:13 PM
    i love how theres more posts about the droid than there are about the blackberry storm 2 on CRACKBERRY.com

especially considering how great the storm 2 is "supposed to" be
    10-19-09 01:13 PM
    I think the biggest thing is the OS, just from the way its programmed to how RIM has some incredibly stupid limitations (guys, nothing over 4MB sorry) and the improvements many BB cultists see as ground breaking, just arent unfortunately.

Also, Google controls the OS just like MS and Apple, and when it feels an update is ready for the OS, it comes, not how RIM just decides to throw OS's on the Universe site and carriers have to test them out and see if they might work and what glitches is in it and wasting unnecessary time (see .75 to current official on Storm, .148).
    10-19-09 01:19 PM
    The Droid sure seems impressive. There is no doubt in my mind that Verizon has its cross-hairs on AT&T. Verizon will have the Droid, Storm 2, and the PRE.

In regards to the Droid: hands down it is impressive!!! However, I don't like flips or sliders. Also, even though the OS on the S2 may be behind times, it looks like RIM has 5.0 down to a science. The other advantage of BlackBerries in general is that they are simple. The user interface isn't that flashy, but you don't have to dig around to open up an app.
    10-19-09 01:21 PM
    No offense taken. I'm not a BB hater, but you know a device isn't very good (S1) when you find yourself longing for the "inferior" (Curve 8330) device you sold on Ebay to help pay for your new purchase. I hope I'm wrong about S2 too, but it just seems like it's too little, too late. And honestly, if you take away the clicking screen, what advantages to the average non-business oriented consumer would the S2 have over the Droid (assuming the Droid works as it will be advertised)?
    Lets say if both phones work as they should:

It really comes down to OS preference bulk, typing, and future thoughts. 5.0 OS is simple and multi tasks efficiently while android is more flashy but both get the job done. If you want a physical keyboard or not. I dont know If I would like only typing in landscape... and why add bulk if you dont like a slider phone. Also, how much future effort will be placed into either device to improve them.
    10-19-09 01:46 PM
    i love how theres more posts about the droid than there are about the blackberry storm 2 on CRACKBERRY.com

especially considering how great the storm 2 is "supposed to" be
    Competition; and people wanna know whats out there before they commit.
    Thats all...........
    10-19-09 01:48 PM
    Lets say if both phones work as they should:

It really comes down to OS preference bulk, typing, and future thoughts. 5.0 OS is simple and multi tasks efficiently while android is more flashy but both get the job done. If you want a physical keyboard or not. I dont know If I would like only typing in landscape... and why add bulk if you dont like a slider phone. Also, how much future effort will be placed into either device to improve them.
    Good points, but the Droid has a portrait on screen keyboard and it is supposedly thinner than the the storm at 13.7mm vs 14mm (not much but it is thinner). I don't begrudge anyone who wants an S2, I'm just jaded at the failure that was S1. Having a larger 16:9 ratio screen is a huge improvement to me as I don't like to watch movies with cut off sides, and watching a movie in letterboxes on the storm is not a great experience.
    10-19-09 01:54 PM
    Competition; and people wanna know whats out there before they commit.
    Thats all...........
    As far as I am concerned competition is good!!! Competition ends up helping the consumer and will make RIM a better company and their products more competitive. I finally want to see something going head to head with the iPhone. RIM takes baby steps which is why they are behind, but one thing is that they seem to be holding their philosophies & policies....this is something that Apple has left behind after hitting prime time with the iPhone.
    10-19-09 01:59 PM
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Verizon just conned everyone following the Storm 2 by codenaming the Motorola Droid the "Odin" or "Storm 2"?
    And the entire time we thought we were hearing about Storm 2 info, it was actually info on the Droid? The Scheduling sure does seem like it was for the Droid and NOT the Storm 2.

I wanted the storm 2 but now I could care less about it; it's become obvious which phone Verizon plans on using as it's "Flagship" phone.
    10-19-09 02:01 PM
    Good points, but the Droid has a portrait on screen keyboard and it is supposedly thinner than the the storm at 13.7mm vs 14mm (not much but it is thinner). I don't begrudge anyone who wants an S2, I'm just jaded at the failure that was S1. Having a larger 16:9 ratio screen is a huge improvement to me as I don't like to watch movies with cut off sides, and watching a movie in letterboxes on the storm is not a great experience.
    And this is where user preference takes over. I have never loaded a movie onto my S1 yet. Not really sure how to lol but also have very little need to. So I completely see why the screen size and ratio is a much bigger bonus for you then me.

Since the Droid does have an on screen portrait keyboard that I might use more often then the slider why would I want that on my device if I might not use it? The droid might be thinner (not noticeable like you said) but I believe it IS noticeably longer. So for me the slider might be a negative attribute. However I will not know until I use it.

So you might want to have a longer device with the larger screen if you use the phone for movie viewing at times, where I would rather have a smaller device since I never watch movies.
    10-19-09 02:03 PM
    And this is where user preference takes over. I have never loaded a movie onto my S1 yet. Not really sure how to lol but also have very little need to. So I completely see why the screen size and ratio is a much bigger bonus for you then me.

Since the Droid does have an on screen portrait keyboard that I might use more often then the slider why would I want that on my device if I might not use it? The droid might be thinner (not noticeable like you said) but I believe it IS noticeably longer. So for me the slider might be a negative attribute. However I will not know until I use it.

So you might want to have a longer device with the larger screen if you use the phone for movie viewing at times, where I would rather have a smaller device since I never watch movies.
    Anything mechanical that has moving parts has a life cycle and eventually wears or breaks. Sliders are no exception.
    10-19-09 02:06 PM
    Look at the interest in this thread.....
    10-19-09 02:07 PM

For those of you who LOVE your Storm 1 and could ask for nothing more except for Wi-Fi and better typing, then by all means get the Storm 2. It should be your dream phone and you should stock up on them since you will never need more.

But c'mon, are you for real? This is America, where we all want MORE. That's where the Droid comes into play.

I have a Storm 1, and it's great, but when I get a new phone, I want a NEW phone. The Droid has more features, more capabilities, more, more, more. Why settle for less?
    10-19-09 02:09 PM

Good points. I'm sure for some people, like you, the S2 will definately be better for them than the Droid (at least I hope so) and for other's like me, hopefully the Droid will live up to expectations and we'll all be happy campers.
    10-19-09 02:09 PM

I wanted the storm 2 but now I could care less about it; it's become obvious which phone Verizon plans on using as it's "Flagship" phone.
    That might be true, but remember that Verizon doesnt upgrade the software on either device. They just push whatever device is popular and good at the time.

Its the companies that produce the phone and software that are important factors when buying a smartphone, in which will put more effort and money into the phone. The Droid can be Verizons flagship device but if Motorola or some manufacturer just come out with a better device to put android on then the Moto Droid is no longer flagship and lost. Same as if google doesnt pour money and R&D time into 2.0, then it gets scrapped or passed and your once Flagship device is now becoming extinct. Just something to think about.
    Last edited by Mr.Miagi; 10-19-09 at 02:18 PM.
    10-19-09 02:10 PM
    For those of you who LOVE your Storm 1 and could ask for nothing more except for Wi-Fi and better typing, then by all means get the Storm 2. It should be your dream phone and you should stock up on them since you will never need more.

But c'mon, are you for real? This is America, where we all want MORE. That's where the Droid comes into play.

I have a Storm 1, and it's great, but when I get a new phone, I want a NEW phone. The Droid has more features, more capabilities, more, more, more. Why settle for less?
    LOL but what if the more more more cause the phone to not work well. Such as lag or freezes etc. What if the new OS is more complicated then you though and the more abilities kill the batter faster and your phone is dead after 6 hrs? It DOES have a smaller battery then the S1 and S2. Just saying more is not always the best or most productive. But if you want entertainment as a main feature then maybe it is.

Good points. I'm sure for some people, like you, the S2 will definately be better for them than the Droid (at least I hope so) and for other's like me, hopefully the Droid will live up to expectations and we'll all be happy campers.
    Exactly. I am not set on either device yet. Maybe I will like the physical keyboard for long typing in between classes or actually answer important emails on my phone rather then to wait till I get back to my laptop. Maybe I will not mind the longer device and love the UI and better browser. OR I may hate all of it and LOVE the new click to the S2 and refined and simple OS.

All I know is its gonna be fun trying them out!
    10-19-09 02:17 PM
    LOL but what if the more more more cause the phone to not work well. Such as lag or freezes etc. What if the new OS is more complicated then you though and the more abilities kill the batter faster and your phone is dead after 6 hrs? It DOES have a smaller battery then the S1 and S2. Just saying more is not always the best or most productive. But if you want entertainment as a main feature then maybe it is.

Exactly. I am not set on either device yet. Maybe I will like the physical keyboard for long typing in between classes or actually answer important emails on my phone rather then to wait till I get back to my laptop. Maybe I will not mind the longer device and love the UI and better browser. OR I may hate all of it and LOVE the new click to the S2 and refined and simple OS.

All I know is its gonna be fun trying them out!
    Agreed!

Part of the reason why i like getting a phone that is substantially different than what i have now is the fun of exploring it. The Storm 2 just looks like my Storm 1 with Wi-Fi. Great and all but the droid just looks like so much more fun!
    10-19-09 02:24 PM
    Agreed!

Part of the reason why i like getting a phone that is substantially different than what i have now is the fun of exploring it. The Storm 2 just looks like my Storm 1 with Wi-Fi. Great and all but the droid just looks like so much more fun!
    Excellent point and I agree, however there are a lot of people that get the iPhone because it is fun and end up migrating back to a BlackBerry like geese flying back north after the winter freeze is over. Not sure what all the reasons are, but maybe the Android OS will change all that. I never really liked Motorola products, but this one has great hardware and the latest Android 2.0. If it was on an HTC, I would probably like it a little more. Thankfully, my early upgrade is Dec. 22nd so I will get to try them both out.
    10-19-09 02:31 PM
    There you go again playing your high and mighty crap. Knock it off. Seriously. You come across like whiny preteen girl and it is getting old. You can't handle any time someone actually argues against you.

Prove the fan boy status. It just keeps getting better. You can't argue on merrit so you've turned this thread into a pissing match. Guess what. Mine's Bigger.

You all love this thread when it was bashing the Droid. Now that people have argued the other way, it is somehow inappropriate. Go cry to your mods so you can get it closed now before you make an even bigger *** of yourself and "t.h.e council". Geh.
    Man I must hit a nerve. Look, maybe your taking these forums a little bit too seriously. I may come off as a whiny preteen girl to you, but its most likely because you have the mentality of a whiny preteen girl, so thats how you would process my text, which has no emoticons included.

Do I need to add a () or a () after everything to satisfy your insecurities?

I may come off as a defensive person, but isnt that what debate is about?

I can have a sensible debate with someone about two products, but I cant stand having a debate with someone who starts their sentences out with

It isn't nearly the same. You are talking about an OS by calling it the name of a phone. For the sake of normal conversation speak like someone who isn't 5 years old.

Look at this:
    I'm so excited for droid on the droid. Droid is the Best. I think droid is going to be the best OS out there. Droid is such a solid phone.

That is just f'ing ********. Shortening something is fine. Shortening something so that it means something else is stupid.

and

Android is a superior platform to BB in most ways. BES is the only real advantage of RIM and most of us are NOT on BES.
    Now try to find one post where I am saying the BB is superior to the Droid.

Ill wait............................

This is why I cant have a reasonable discussion with you.
    10-19-09 03:12 PM
235 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD