I bought a new samsung galaxy s android
    my blackberry phone has been disconnected so i can't use the Google Sync method
    I have a blackberry desktop manager for mac .bbb backup file
    thats about all

i can't copy to sim as i have addresses etc in the contacts also

what can i do?
    03-21-11 06:37 PM
    You should have used Google Sync on your BB prior to having it disconnected.

If your BB has wifi, try installing Google sync and sync your contacts.

After contacts are synced contacts should appear on your Android device automatically.
    03-21-11 06:44 PM
    I might have to borrow my mates sim card after he gets a blackberry enabled one then use it to get the sync app

i dont think internet works over wifi when your sim card isn't activated for BB internet
    03-21-11 06:48 PM
    Couldn't you just use the Wifi Hotspot on the Galaxy S to give your BB a wifi connection? Or will Google Sync not work thru the BB unless it's running thru BIS?

Edit: nvm..i'm guessing the BB doesn't even support wifi
    03-21-11 07:03 PM
    yea thats what i mean, the BB is a **** when you dont have a BIS connection it wont even let you do Wifi......

Hey how bout this

is there any blackberry APPs i can download that can export blackberry contacts to a format google /android will take?
    03-21-11 07:13 PM
    Last resort you could enter your contacts into your gmail and have it sync with the phone. I know its tedious but it beats trying to do it all on the phone.
    03-21-11 08:53 PM
    Do you have Outlook or Windows Live Mail? If so, you can use Desktop Manager to sync between it and your BB. There are Google Sync apps that will sync between Outlook and Google. This should bring over contacts and appointments. The data will take two hops to get to Google, but it should work.
    03-21-11 10:39 PM
    Alright I'm pretty sure this will work:

-Go into you BB browser options and turn it to "Hotspot Browser" or similar name
    -Download Google Sync by going to m.google.com/sync from your BB browser
    -Log into Google Sync and just sync your contacts to whatever gmail account you want.
    03-21-11 11:07 PM
    Android will download your contacts from Gmail. There's a sync contacts option under Contacts>Options>Accounts. But firstly you must sync your current contacts to Gmail account.
    03-23-15 11:02 PM
    Depending on where you want to copy? as i can see , you are going to copy the contacts to Samsung , well , so easy,you just need to make sure the contacts won't lost when switching ,
    Last edited by Pamfert; 03-26-17 at 05:14 AM.
    03-22-17 05:46 AM
    You are right
    03-26-17 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD