Hey Everyone,

I recently dug up my D1 today, and installed a Froyo ROM on it.
    I want to use my D1 again, on my new VZW line.
    Can I just use the online activate device thing?
    My main concern is the data plan, would it mess up my account if I switched devices, lets say, every week?

Anyone have ideas?
    I appreciate the time that you took to read, and if you did, reply to this.
    10-24-10 07:05 PM
    it will require you to change your data plan from a normal data plan to a BB data plan. So i think a call would be needed each time
    10-24-10 07:08 PM
    it will require you to change your data plan from a normal data plan to a BB data plan. So i think a call would be needed each time
    Darn, that's no fun.
    Oh well....guess i'll just leave things the way they are now.
    10-24-10 07:13 PM
    Just turn power off the phone you don't want to use. Turn the one you want to use on and do the *228 option 1. You only need to call them when switching blackberry to blackberry because of the PIN registration. But from the bb to the droid. No problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 07:23 PM
    You would have to switch data plans every time you switch. Dialing *228 will forward you to a verizon rep so they can switch your plan. It is such a hassle.
    10-24-10 07:57 PM
    If you change it online, it allows you to select the Blackberry Email and Web plan and the PDA/Smartphone Email and Web plan and vice versa.
    10-24-10 08:02 PM
    There used to be a rule that you could only change 3 times during each billing cycle because it's a pain to do all the prorated billing for each type of data plan. I advise you to check with a customer service representative before trying to switch extensively between the BB data plan and the smartphone data plan, because you might find yourself stuck on one of your devices for the remainder of the billing cycle.
    10-24-10 08:19 PM
    Yup, I do it about every three weeks or so, between my 9700, Vibrant, & 3GS
    10-24-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD