I posted this in Android Central and decided to post here to since I was a former Crackberry user.

I i just got the new HTC Evo and was unable to set up the Exchange Activesync with my Hotmail through the native email app. However I foubd a way to get it to work. See below.

1. Download and install the attached "Email.zip". (You need to extract the file first then you can install with Astro file manager. Which can be downloaded free from the Android Market)

2. Download and install the app "save my attach".( Can also be downloaded for free from the Android Market)

3. Now your ready to setup your Hotmail Exchange Activesync account/s.

- Enter the Email app previosly installed and enter the following info for each account you wish to add.

Press "Menu" and click "Add account"

Username: [email protected] (or @live.com)
    Password: **********

Then click "Manual setup"

Domain\Username: \[email protected] (or @live.com) make sure you include the "\"

Server: m.hotmail.com

Make sure you check both "Use secure connection (SSL)" and "Accept all SSL certificates"

Hope this helps. It did for me!!!
    09-18-10 04:11 PM
    is this the vanilla mail with the security stripped or something different?
    09-18-10 04:25 PM
    is this the vanilla mail with the security stripped or something different?
    I'm not sure. I'm new to the whole Anfroid thing. All I know is that its works great. It syncs all my emails, calendars & contacts. Also my emails come in just as fast as they did on my BB.
    09-18-10 04:59 PM
    lmao ok

for that dont know you are only allow 1 exchange email using the sense mail. so if you use coperate mail then you cant use hotmail and the new activesync settings. If you dont have coperate or another activesync/exchange account then you can use the HTC mail app and wont even need to download this and you will have instant hotmail also.

If you download this, which i will assume is the vanilla email program from other droid phones you can set up multiple push accounts. this is however got some security settings remove so it will not always work with some exhcange serves and you will get some missing security messages that you can click and get thru.

I also have notice copy/paste doesnt work and i can not save attachments, only open them. this is all on an incredible not and evo but both have HTC sense some some functions might work the same.
    09-18-10 05:36 PM
    This works like a charm thx
    09-18-10 10:53 PM
    I don't have an EVO, but had no issues applying these settings when setting up my Hotmail when hitting Manual Setup > Exchange.
    09-19-10 02:08 AM
    It helped me on my Evo 4G from Sprint when followed the direction it was very easy. Thanks
    09-28-10 07:15 AM
    Thank you! This worked on my HTC Droid Incredible. I'm surprised I didn't see this on androidcental, then again I was a crackberry user for a long time and recently switched to android.

The past couple weekends I've spent about a half hour browsing around the net looking for how to get Exchange ActiveSynch to work with Hotmail. The only thing I've found is that Microsoft recommends an application called touch down and that the HTC mail client doesn't support the Exchange standards.

This method worked perfectly. BTW, where does this email client come from? I noticed it doesn't display HTML emails.

Thanks again!
    10-09-10 03:53 PM
    No idea, Microsoft kind of ****ed that up, I didn't notice it until I happened to look at a Twitter DM email, and it did that weird outline-ey thing. It supported HTML in IMAP or POP3, so it's definitely something to do with MS' Exchange.

I guess HTML isn't supported yet over Exchange, at least for Hotmail. Hope it comes soon though!

And glad you could get it all set up.
    10-09-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD