This article is garbage...Link
    11-01-09 10:44 PM
    This article is garbage...Link
    Truly a apple fanboy that wrote that one.
    11-01-09 10:48 PM
    Well, from a visual perspective, the Droid IS NOT an iPhone killer. It's not sleek enough. Sliders WILL NEVER be iPhone killers. You need a sleek and stylish touchscreen device to make it an iPhone killer. Honestly, HTC should have moved to the Optical Touchpad designs by now like RIM has. No one wants dirty trackballs or 50 million buttons on a phone. They want something elegant... and the Droid is not unfortunately. And the HTC Passion won't be in the very near future either. In terms of technology though, it does trump the iPhone in certain areas, but also fails in others.

It's really not that hard to make a phone that could visually and technologically trump the iPhone, it's just that no one seems to want to spend the money to do it. They'd all rather play the BS game of, let's give them this "just short of perfect" model today so we can sell them a slightly upgraded model in a couple of months. Frack that!
    11-01-09 10:51 PM
    Opinions are like *ssholes, everybody's got one!
    11-01-09 10:52 PM
    The article could have been written to sound more objective but it's true. Nothing beats the iPhone in the consumer market right now.....Apple has the advantage of being the "first" touchscreen smartphone and anything else that comes afterwards is a copy trying to take down the king. Shame really.
    11-01-09 10:53 PM
    Wow. Between the huge ads and the horrible write-up...

I think I'm ashamed of them being on the internet.
    11-01-09 10:54 PM
    For people who want the perceived quality of the Verizon network, it gives them a nice device to use.
    I stopped reading right there. LOL.

Stolen from Twins:

Originally Posted by J.D.Powers & Associates
    Search Awards and Studies
    The awards in this section recognize the highest-ranking products, services, or companies in the firm’s syndicated studies. Awards and award categories are determined before each study is conducted.

2009 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study—Volume 1

The 2009 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study—Volume 1 measures wireless call quality based on seven problem areas that impact overall carrier performance: dropped calls; static/interference; failed connection on the first try; voice distortion; echoes; no immediate voicemail notification; and no immediate text message notification. Call quality issues are measured as problems per 100 (PP100) calls, where a lower score reflects fewer problems and higher quality.

Industry: Telecommunications
    Category: Wireless

Awards

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the Northeast Region
    Awardee(s): Verizon Wireless

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the Mid-Atlantic Region

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the Southeast Region

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the North Central Region
    Awardee(s): U.S. Cellular

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the West Region in a Tie
    Awardee(s): Sprint Nextel

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the Southwest Region

Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users In the West Region in a Tie
    Where's AT&T?

After you've looked at the image, check out this YouTube video:

While you're at it, the 2009 J.D. Powers Survey is out.

Then note the overall for 2008:

So, when your iPhone toting teeny-bopper tries to tell you that you're behind because you're on VZW, or a co-worker points to the hopelessly advertising-slanted drivel from Computerword or Computer Shopper, pat them on the head, give them a cookie and smile.

More graphic indicators:

AT&T and VZW Overlap:
    Verizon EVDO 3G Broadband:

And you see those wee little pinpoints of red? That is where AT&T Data Connect is stronger than VZW. Step one way or another and your speed craps out.

Which would you be better off with - the yellow or the orange & red?

Why is it only Verizon Wireless has the courage to post 3G comparisons on their site? The other guys just claim their network is faster, larger, better. Try it yourself here:

3C Coverage Comparison

Make sure you check the link on that page labeled: Broadband 3G Network Comparison. And before you blow it off as VZW propaganda, the information has been confirmed by TelephonyOnline & others.

The AT&T Network is so underdeveloped - it is said that VZW will have more 4G coverage than AT&T has 3G coverage by Q2 2010.

Smoke that in your iPhone.
    11-01-09 10:55 PM
    I think that to a degree it's right (although very fanboyish). It's not going to be the iPhone killer. I think Verizon, and Moto/Google/HTC, are all aware of that... but what it IS going to be is the stepping stone to work towards the iPhone killer.

The Droid is going to be bringing a HUGE number of users to it. Some people may jump carrier ship, some just may want an upgrade, and some may be deciding (like us) it's time to give something other than RIM a shot.

The fact is... the Droid is going to be popular. Very popular. Sure, it's not going to be iPhone popular, but it's going to give them that chance they need to build from it.

If Google/Verizon/Partners do it right they will have that building block they desperately need to grab some of that Apple foothold and start slowly taking the market share away from them.

Then if Verizon pony's up enough money and gets Apple to dump the exclusive agreement w/ ATT they're going to just dominate the industry.

It's a foot stone, and a solid one. That's enough.
    11-01-09 11:01 PM
    The article could have been written to sound more objective but it's true. Nothing beats the iPhone in the consumer market right now.....Apple has the advantage of being the "first" touchscreen smartphone and anything else that comes afterwards is a copy trying to take down the king. Shame really.
    Another false claim by iphone. They where not the first smartphone with a touch screen. Its just they perfected it with there software. And as with any thing iphone does they just go buy the company so they can call it there own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 11:33 PM
    Opinions are like *ssholes, everybody's got one!
    I see what you did there!
    11-02-09 12:05 AM
    Another false claim by iphone. They where not the first smartphone with a touch screen. Its just they perfected it with there software. And as with any thing iphone does they just go buy the company so they can call it there own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree with you thats the reason i put "first" is quotation marks.
    11-02-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD