Hey, if you have been around long enough you know who I am, I switched to Android 6 months ago and changed to P3Droid, I am sure many of you have used the 2.2 leaks and possibly my kernels. So here is the truth.

There are only two releases of Froyo for the Droid, (I should know I released them both). Therefore all releases will run the same, there is nothing a person can do that will make the build perform differently because no one has the ability to change the files used to build Froyo.

WHAT CAN BE DONE

The only thing that can change the performance of froyo is the kernel. Here there might be minor changes, but all kernels will be built the same, from the same source. Each kernel developer might use different speeds and voltages, (this will affect performance). This will be the biggest determinate of changes in ROM performance.

HOW MANY ROMS ARE THERE

Again there are only two (2) froyo (2.2) ROMs out, I will not tell you the build numbers but I released them both. Anything else out is a theme of these ROMS, as such, please remember to pick one based on the looks because the performance will not change unless you change the kernel.

IS OVERCLOCKING DANGEROUS

Umm, yes. I have tested my on kernels up to some insane speeds. Can it be dangerous, sure can driving too fast can be dangerous. I don't believe that immediately your phone is going to explode, but over time you will decrease the life of your phones processor.

Having said this I don't think you will have your phone long enough to realize this damage, if you are like me you will have changed phones at least 3x before this time elapses.

WHY DID I CHANGE THE BUILD NUMBERS

I changed certain information to protect the source of the files, I do not want anyones lost job or discipline on my hands. This was asked of me by my source. The FRF57 release has 33333 in its version line, the previous release starts with 4xxxx.

So there you have it.

Have a good day and enjoy froyo.

P3droid @ MydroidWorld.com
    06-22-10 08:51 AM
    P3Droid, thanks for posting this. I have learned a bit from this read. I think your kernels do fly. I thought a ROM built off of froyo could have inert "built in enhancements" but I guess that is wrong? It makes the threads titles "what froyo is the fastest" seem very silly. I overclock my phone to 800Mhz tops. I need it to last me until Christmas, so I think I am very safe.
    I am glad you verified version numbers, and that 33333 is the latest release.
    Thank you sir, the froyo is being enjoyed : )
    06-22-10 02:03 PM
    P3Droid, thanks for posting this. I have learned a bit from this read. I think your kernels do fly. I thought a ROM built off of froyo could have inert "built in enhancements" but I guess that is wrong? It makes the threads titles "what froyo is the fastest" seem very silly. I overclock my phone to 800Mhz tops. I need it to last me until Christmas, so I think I am very safe.
    I am glad you verified version numbers, and that 33333 is the latest release.
    Thank you sir, the froyo is being enjoyed : )
    No problem,

I posted this to inform and stop the silliness of wait until *insert name* makes a new Froyo. I've been peppered with requests for this/that, and the countless which is better threads not just here but on all the forums.

I think former - Blackberry users understand that these are all just skins over the top of the OS, but basic functionality is not effected. Do some have scripts, yes. Do others have spiffy colors. Yep. But that is it. If you want to influence your phones performance get a new kernel.

P3Droid @ Mydroidworld.com
    06-22-10 02:29 PM
    nice.. cant wait for my droid to come to test out ur froyo
    06-22-10 06:23 PM
    Thanks alot, I'm using Froyo with your 900mhz kernel and Love it...
    06-22-10 09:25 PM
    I heard froyo was released today as open source now? Is this for real?
    06-23-10 07:04 PM
    I heard froyo was released today as open source now? Is this for real?
    Yes.

Android 2.2 Froyo source code available today -- Engadget
    06-23-10 07:06 PM
    Thanks, I wonder how it differs (if any) from the froyo P3Droid released? Hmmm?
    Last edited by johnly; 06-24-10 at 02:18 PM.
    06-23-10 07:12 PM
    Hey P3... I don't know if you will ever read this thread again, but are you going to make any Low voltage kernels with a min of 250 clock speed for Froyo?
    06-24-10 02:01 PM
    @avt123, he is over at droid forums .net quite a bit.
    06-24-10 02:19 PM
    Ok cool thank you.
    06-24-10 03:19 PM
    Ok cool thank you.
    Mydroidworld is home for him I think....I am surprised he stopped in here to share some info with us...
    06-24-10 10:13 PM
    Thanks... will the n1 ever get some love? Ha
    06-24-10 11:58 PM
    Hey P3... I don't know if you will ever read this thread again, but are you going to make any Low voltage kernels with a min of 250 clock speed for Froyo?
    Check out my kernel page, per your request a series of LV 250 low end kernels.

P3Droid @ MyDroidWorld

P3Droid Kernels
    06-27-10 08:09 AM
    Check out my kernel page, per your request a series of LV 250 low end kernels.

P3Droid @ MyDroidWorld

P3Droid Kernels
    Oh wow! Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!
    06-27-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD