This has both the Droid an HTC phone. Notice the Dpad color.

Last edited by golfnut; 10-28-09 at 10:46 AM.
    10-28-09 10:32 AM
    This has both the Droid and HTC Eris. Notice the Dpad color.

that's the magic not the eris.
    10-28-09 10:42 AM
    that's the magic not the eris.
    THERE.....ya happy now? I don't think you're right, though but whatever.
    10-28-09 10:47 AM
    Doesn't seem that great to me...Just my opinion not trying to get beat to death for saying it. The phone itself doesn't look very sleek and seems boxish and clumsy. The guy in the video also seemed like he was having trouble using it a little or something. He had to click buttons multiple times and the animations seemed a little laggy. Just my opinion and I'm not trying to get thrown infront of a bus for saying so...I'm sure many people will get this phone but I'm not to sure if its for me. Not a fan of slider keyboards or anything...
    10-28-09 10:48 AM
    Doesn't seem that great to me...Just my opinion not trying to get beat to death for saying it. The phone itself doesn't look very sleek and seems boxish and clumsy. The guy in the video also seemed like he was having trouble using it a little or something. He had to click buttons multiple times and the animations seemed a little laggy. Just my opinion and I'm not trying to get thrown infront of a bus for saying so...I'm sure many people will get this phone but I'm not to sure if its for me. Not a fan of slider keyboards or anything...
    What you were seeing is no different than any smartphone on bootup. Keep watching, it got much smoother. Just like the storm does on bootup. It takes a minute for it to reorganize memory from startup. Startup on any computing device is incredibly taxing on the system.
    10-28-09 10:54 AM
    This has both the Droid an HTC phone. Notice the Dpad color.

Oh please let that be the official color for the dpad. That gold was the only thing I wasn't crazy about and the silver makes it look so much better. Thanks for the video!
    10-28-09 11:03 AM
    Oh please let that be the official color for the dpad. That gold was the only thing I wasn't crazy about and the silver makes it look so much better. Thanks for the video!
    I thought the same thing. Siver makes a huge difference! Oh... and your welcome.
    10-28-09 11:08 AM
    What you were seeing is no different than any smartphone on bootup. Keep watching, it got much smoother. Just like the storm does on bootup. It takes a minute for it to reorganize memory from startup. Startup on any computing device is incredibly taxing on the system.
    I completely understand the startup factor of any phone. I don't know though...I really really want to like it cause I am interested in something new and fresh but it just doesn't really do it for me. I'm gonna go to the store and play with it for a while when it comes out but so far I'm not sold. I have been checking it on the internet for a few days now and so far I'm not too impressed with the way it looks or operates. I am however interested in the HTC HD2 if and when it comes to Verizon I will definitley check that guy out also.
    After the Storm which I love by the way, I will definitley take the time to play with a phone before I make a purchase and not make the same mistake again. I am a little leary to move to a phone other than a BB because there are sooo many things I love about my BB but then there are soo many things I can't stand like the memory leak which is ******** and the battery pulls which is unbearable and yes the occassional random reboot, not to mention the occassional spinning clock which just shouldnt happen. Sadly thought the pro's outweigh the con's which sux because the con's are really pretty annoying.
    10-28-09 11:12 AM
    Check out the new vids/pics here Motorola DROID first hands-on! (update: video, impressions, more pics)

I agree on the storm and I agree that individual hands on is the only way to really make a decision. I bought the imagio and knew I made a huge mistake in just a few short hours. I just can't handle BB's os anymore and I'm really hoping android 2.0 delivers.

I think so far the droid is the best option for me. I'm going to order it right away then return if there is a problem.
    10-28-09 11:16 AM
    If ya want a kick-**** HTC, wait for the HTC Passion (Dragon) which should be out by the holidays. Android is here to stay, people. Atleast give it a look.
    10-28-09 11:18 AM
    Here's another video on Bloomberg's analysis:
    10-28-09 12:10 PM
    Very laggy. Other Droid videos show better responsiveness.
    10-28-09 12:16 PM
    If ya want a kick-**** HTC, wait for the HTC Passion (Dragon) which should be out by the holidays. Android is here to stay, people. Atleast give it a look.
    Dang, I really need to start a spreadsheet to keep track of all the new droids coming. and I also want to stay with Verizon, so that will leave out some of the new phones.
    10-28-09 12:19 PM
    Dang, I really need to start a spreadsheet to keep track of all the new droids coming. and I also want to stay with Verizon, so that will leave out some of the new phones.
    Vzw is coming out w 4 in the near future. ( Androids ) Droid, Eris, Motorola Calgary and the Passion aka Dragon. All Vzw. Not a bad line up, huh?
    10-28-09 12:28 PM
    Wow very disappointed in the Droid, very slow to respond and it still doesn't impress looks wise.
    10-28-09 12:32 PM
    Wow very disappointed in the Droid, very slow to respond and it still doesn't impress looks wise.
    That was a bad example.. Check out the link McCrackin posted earlier. It shows the Droid with final software and hardware. MUCH MUCH faster..
    10-28-09 12:40 PM
    Very laggy. Other Droid videos show better responsiveness.
    Its probably some of the software builds
    I wonder why they did not include MotoBlur in the Motorola Droid?
    That was a bad example.. Check out the link McCrackin posted earlier. It shows the Droid with final software and hardware. MUCH MUCH faster..
    U beat me to it
    That GSM version is definitely a bad representation, its good that they clarified it to differentiate from the CDMA beast.
    10-28-09 01:53 PM
    Surprised no one caught that the only way to get the phone into landscape mode is to open on the keyboard or place it in the multimedia doc. If you listen closely when she closes the keyboard and it reverts back to portrait she states oh I you have to have this open. Definite deal killer.

And the docking stations are optional purchases.
    Last edited by ERDude; 10-28-09 at 03:59 PM. Reason: add info
    10-28-09 03:54 PM
    The woman in the video also talks as if the ability to voice search Google is a new thing specifically for the Droid, Umm hello sister I can do that from any phone. It was nice to see that you don't need the MotoBlur overlay in order to link up your contacts with their social network memberships.

The only cool thing about the Verizon Droid is Android 2.0 and Google Navigation, both of which will be available to soon on other Android devices.

All in all the Verizon Droid so far is very disappointing from its "eh" look to the necessity to keep it docked or open the keyboard to get into landscape mode. Certainly hasn't lived up to the hype. NEXT!
    10-28-09 04:15 PM
    You do not have to have the keyboard open to go into landscape mode. Check the threads on hofo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 06:38 PM
    @ErDude, I'm guessing you haven't seen the videos yet that shows you can use the phone in landscape and there's also a virtual keyboard you can use as well...check out the videos before posting false info...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/vi...p-shop-349686/
    10-28-09 06:47 PM
    @ErDude, I'm guessing you haven't seen the videos yet that shows you can use the phone in landscape and there's also a virtual keyboard you can use as well...check out the videos before posting false info...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/vi...p-shop-349686/
    Maybe Verizon should educate their employees, she clearly states the keyboard has to be open for this to work.
    10-28-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD