I've posted this several places, even xda, & no one seems to be able to help me. I hope someone here can. Somehow, in my stock browser I'm no longer able to view the notification bar. It's like the browser is in full screen mode. I can only see the notification bar if I'm loading a page or switching to another page. Can anyone help get the notification bar back??
    05-11-11 10:58 AM
    Have you checked your browser settings? Possibly somehow it got set to use full screen while in browser.
    05-11-11 02:50 PM
    You must be using an HTC phone. For some reason there's no Fullscreen toggle in the stock browser on HTC phones.

If you want to see/access the notification bar, just press the Menu button and it'll appear. Press Menu again to make it disappear.
    05-11-11 03:02 PM
    You must be using an HTC phone. For some reason there's no Fullscreen toggle in the stock browser on HTC phones.

If you want to see/access the notification bar, just press the Menu button and it'll appear. Press Menu again to make it disappear.
    I am indeed using an HTC phone, but I'm JUST NOW experiencing this problem. I've had this phone for 6 months & I've been able to view the notification bar while browsing all this time. Now suddenly I can't until I press menu. I just want it back the way it was.
    05-11-11 03:29 PM
    Different devices have different browser settings.

If you have a "reset to default" on browser settings, you should give that a try.
    05-11-11 04:03 PM
    Different devices have different browser settings.

If you have a "reset to default" on browser settings, you should give that a try.
    Already tried that twice to no avail .
    05-11-11 04:14 PM
    Already tried that twice to no avail .
    Manage applications
    running
    select browser
    force stop
    clear data
    clear cache

before yo do this back up your bookmarks as they will be deleted.

If you already tried this or it doesn't work, I would back everything up and do a factory reset if it's that much of an issue for you.
    05-11-11 04:26 PM
    Do you choose Full screen? If not, maybe you should try to clean cache first, and reset to factory mode. But if still no use, perhaps you need to try another browser and see if notification bar shows. Cause you need check that the problem exits in browser or your phone.
    05-12-11 06:20 AM
    Manage applications
    running
    select browser
    force stop
    clear data
    clear cache

before yo do this back up your bookmarks as they will be deleted.

If you already tried this or it doesn't work, I would back everything up and do a factory reset if it's that much of an issue for you.
    Tried this & it didn't work. It's weird, because my phone settings don't have a full screen option...
    05-12-11 12:50 PM
    I am indeed using an HTC phone, but I'm JUST NOW experiencing this problem. I've had this phone for 6 months & I've been able to view the notification bar while browsing all this time. Now suddenly I can't until I press menu. I just want it back the way it was.
    Is there an outside chance that you just never noticed before? Out of curiosity, I searched around Google, and this same question has come up before numerous times (dating back quite a while), and all indications point to HTC's stock browser never had it.
    05-12-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD