Searched but could not find answer exactly. .... here's problem:

I'm upgrading to a 16 gb from a 2 gb for my new Droid X. Here's what I did (probably wrong):

1. I hit unmount in the SD settings.
    2. Turned off and removed the old card.
    3. Installed the new 16 gb card and turned on.
    4. Droid did not accept (had caution triangle symbol on top).
    5. Tried formatting...still would not work although it appeared to go through the motions. I hit the "mount" button and it said "droid" a few times but would not mount the card.
    6. Tried removing and intalling a few times. No luck.
    7. Put old one back in works fine.
    8. Turned off and removed the 2gb card without hitting unmount.
    9. Put in the 16gb....same problem.

So, what am I missing here. Any suggestions? Bad card???

Thanks, jed
    05-11-11 11:00 PM
    Hmm..ya judging by the fact that when you reinstall the 2gb card and it recognizes it right away..my guess is you have a bad card. Was it an eBay knock off by chance?
    05-12-11 12:19 AM
    Try putting the card into a computer and see if it recognizes. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 12:40 AM
    I had that problem when I first got my DX. I just kept trying the remount and it eventually worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 05:40 AM
    Hmm..ya judging by the fact that when you reinstall the 2gb card and it recognizes it right away..my guess is you have a bad card. Was it an eBay knock off by chance?
    Got it from Walmart new. Same brand that came with the phone. I was trying to make sure I was doing it right before I returned it. I thought it had something to with the "mount" or "unmount." I tried mounting it about 3 times and no luck. Should I try several more times before returning?

Haven't tried connecting to computer yet. I suppose that would tell me if I had a bad card or bad phone?
    05-12-11 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD