My sister wants an Android phone.. she's looking to spend roughly $350CAD unlocked. Her options are pretty much the HTC Magic or the HTC Hero. I know that the Hero is newer, but she likes the Magic better.

Are those the only two options or are there more in our price range? Either way, which one would you choose, the Magic or the Hero?
    05-23-10 04:32 PM
    niether .. if she wants her first Android phone get the HTC Evo which releases June 4th. Both of those are old and the hardware is decent but with that money you better off getting the EVO
    05-23-10 06:12 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think the OP lives//resides in Canada, hence using CAD instead of omitting it, so I think the EVO is out of the question. However, I'm on the wap version of the site, so I don't know if that's really true. I apologize if I'm the one who is wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 06:38 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think the OP lives//resides in Canada, hence using CAD instead of omitting it, so I think the EVO is out of the question. However, I'm on the wap version of the site, so I don't know if that's really true. I apologize if I'm the one who is wrong.

Yeah I'm using Canadian dollars.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

05-23-10 07:23 PM
    I'm assuming your sister isn't a techie so I'd say either one is good. The Hero and Magic are practically the same but the Hero's a little better. I'd say get her that one.
    05-23-10 07:27 PM
    Under the circumstances, I would recommend the Hero. But there's no accounting for taste in somebody I don't know.
    05-23-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD